Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Showgunners (formerly Homicidal All-Stars) - turn-based tactics in a brutal late 21st century reality show from Hard West creators

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should call the game "SHOWGUNNERS: Homicidal All-Stars". Any look at the Steam top sellers list reveals that both ALL CAPS and : in a title help sell games.
There should be experiments.

How well would a game sell that is named ":::::::::::"?
"VVVVV" already worked pretty well.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Poland opens mouth like soyjack and swallows American WOKE TRANNY horse cock: THE GAME
Yet another esthetically uninspired, half-female fighters, zero-thinking game made by KUR----WAAAAA.Inc

Coming from devs who made game about secret war between intelligence agencies in Cold War where half CIA agents in 1960s are black, women, east asian and few sneaked in trannies. But that was in distant past of 2018. Today they can PROUDLY put tranny on the cover, bitchslapping viewer with zer augmented tentacle cock

Ahh, POLAND. Conservative, pro-european country with catholic morals. BUAHAHAHAH

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
99.999999999% of military casualties in Ukraine are men. In all wars, in all conflicts. Ever and everywhere
Yet you have 50% female fighters. Not beautiful. NO. Ugly, fat, Modern American looking, with insane eyes

Watch out Poland, don't get overdosed on American Tranny Cock. It leads to bad trippin

agris

Arcane
Patron
"normal was very easy"

I4JwNZq.jpg

Is it possible to turn this shit off? Do the devs assume the player has spent most of their life ingesting lead paint and thus so [REDACTED] as to have to be constantly reminded of the most common PC interaction mechanism in the history of computer gaming? This is some Torment: Tides of Numanuma-level of UI stupidity here.

Remember devs: never go full inXile.

Also: the inventory art for guns is really weird. They don't look like the actual 3D models of the weapons - which are immediately next to the icons, prompting comparison - and they look super gay. Not gay as in bad, but gay as in Freddie Mercury-in-a-thong-on-a-parade-float gay.

What gives?

edit: 2 AP system, not challenging, itemization is simple and linear, "dynamic" events are static and occur in every replay.

:dead:

decent video. his takeaway was favorable, but he was specific enough to reveal it to be a turd.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Enjoying this so far. It feels quite lightweight though - combat is very straightforward and mostly too easy, and character skill trees are kind of shitty and linear. I've played as four characters at this point (Scarlett, Marty, Ukranian hacker guy, and Warden) and they all play pretty much identically, except for Warden. Compares unfavourably with other TBT-lite games like Chimera Squad, where units felt very distinct and had specific skillsets and roles (and you had to make tough mutually exclusive decisions regarding skills, whereas in this, you've only got like two active skills to buy for each character and you'll necessarily get both).

Warden is very cool though, mobile heavy cover, wow.

The out-of-combat segments pissed me off at first but they're pretty fun when you get used to them. Game's a solid 7/10 so far, maybe 7.5.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Sounds casual as hell. Too bad, I was interested in this, but there doesn't seem to be enough meat on the bones to warrant diving right in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems this game is pretty short. If it works on win7 I might try it next after I finish my Wartales run. I need something to fill the time until AoW4 had some patches and shit. I plan to play that one for a longer time and I want it to be as good as it can be.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Seems this game is pretty short. If it works on win7 I might try it next after I finish my Wartales run. I need something to fill the time until AoW4 had some patches and shit. I plan to play that one for a longer time and I want it to be as good as it can be.
Yeah it is, I put around 5 hours in it today and the save says 42% completed, while searching for the last loot cache/hidden content bits, before finishing a "level".

Lemming42

Arcane
Gameplay variety has dramatically improved with the recruitment of Zoe and Phantom, except the tradeoff is that they're both so ludicrously powerful that the game has become even easier. Absolutely mowing through the penultimate level right now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Gameplay variety has dramatically improved with the recruitment of Zoe and Phantom, except the tradeoff is that they're both so ludicrously powerful that the game has become even easier. Absolutely mowing through the penultimate level right now.
Are you playing on hardest difficulty?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's taking time to deal with the sunk cost trauma and coming to grips with having paid money for this before I get my opinion straight

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it's taking time to deal with the sunk cost trauma and coming to grips with having paid money for this before I get my opinion straight
Too short, too easy tactics as a puzzle?
Shortness wouldn't be an issue if it had replayability. The narrative is too strong and you don't really get to have a say in your motivations and how you feel about any of it. COMPANY BAD, YASS QUEEN. It's perfect fodder for a femshep/maleshep situation - give players some control, put it on rails in other ways because you're a highfalutin game with voice acting. But it doesn't.
It should've been untethered from soylent ethics undergirding it and in that way lent itself to be a more of an RPG experience. What if I want to be a psycho. What if I want to get the bag. How about I butt heads with some contestants that would be allies, make enemies. How about I turn coat. How about they turn coat. How about I don't lead a commie revolution with a hard set female character that's been heavily spicwashed after her initial conception. How about I do, but out of my volition because me the guy playing the game is secretly a gay man. How about the big bad Ulysses is the coolest of the lot and he's hardly enough of a presence, relatively, compared to all the others you've been serving me as characters. How about I face the finale alone because I've been a sicko or a bootlick. How about I face it with a posse I've selected because they really gel with me. Give me different endings. Give me a slideshow. Give me Running Man XCOM Alpha Protocol.

The mooks you kill feel more like robots than people and they're a million. The cyber fluff of the setting does a real disservice to the setting because of it as it is, but ok. Now make me fight a boss or something, maybe compete with contestants chasing the same goal, kill or don't kill, please the audience or not, please the showrunner or not, please the sponsors or not, choice, consequence. What if I've been playing the ball like a pro and I GET to leverage it for something later on. What if I get fucked because I didn't. Something like that. There's none, what's there is undercooked.
Give me skills and systems. How about I invest in being flashy and become a real crowdpleaser with your killing at the expense of something other. Make a friend and they'll give you their ultimate to top off something unique you've been building your character up to. It's like, easy, to get people invested, it does a lot, and it'd still be casual. That's a game that'd be called Homicidal All-Stars, happy to embrace the bad word that's not good for the algorithms or whatever.

come on

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ahh, my favourite: what is proper price, discount to set alert on?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ahh, my favourite: what is proper price, discount to set alert on?
half off at the very least, that's if you like the style of game for its own sake
it's really really unreplayable as far as novelty is concerned - at no point would you be going around doing things differently, specing characters differently, using different equipment or picking different sponsors or whatever
the choices you get are not choices at all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom