Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Since DU is recoding the site from scratch...

Why dont you go the, you know, easy route and install an already existing cms? Like Typo3 or something lightweight?

Or do they lack the awesome features that you want? Or is it the additional server load?

Ps: Dicksucker is a moron.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord said:
For the record, Taluntain is right about Kosmo being right.

Although it is a little more than just the game / company / people databases. It also includes the news and content systems and parts of the gallery.

The forums will actually lose some features too.
Yea, who needs that stupid "Post Reply" or "Quote" or "Edit" stuff anyway.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If people couldn't post replies anymore, the server load would really go down.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Dicksmoker said:
EDIT: Oh, and for the record: Kosmonaut's original quote of me said "retarded ramblings from a retarded poster," which he later changed to "[...] Snip [...]." That's some typo.
You fucking filthy liar. That's not true. You won't get a free pass from this. It was a typo. <volly>Why do you lie?</volly>

Kill yourself.

Taluntain said:
For the record, Kosmo's right.
It's just logic. Even with DarkUnderlord 1337 PHP skills, building a quality forum web application from scratch would take years. Everything else (game and people databases, BRO list, ignore list, RPG game, etc.) probably will be programmed from scratch.

But I could be wrong.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Taluntain said:
DarkUnderlord said:
The forums will actually lose some features too.
Yea, who needs that stupid "Post Reply" or "Quote" or "Edit" stuff anyway.
I know. We're doing fine without the "view my own posts because I'm such a fucking egoist" feature, we could stand to lose a lot of excess. Joel on Software has a great article on this. Keep the forums nice and simple and encourage great discussion, while pushing away all the retards. It will usher in a new Utopia.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Kosmonaut said:
Dicksmoker said:
EDIT: Oh, and for the record: Kosmonaut's original quote of me said "retarded ramblings from a retarded poster," which he later changed to "[...] Snip [...]." That's some typo.
You fucking filthy liar. That's not true. You won't get a free pass from this. It was a typo. <volly>Why do you lie?</volly>

Kill yourself.
You're a disgusting troll who doesn't deserve to live.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Kosmonaut said:
Dicksmoker said:

Kill yourself.

MCA
Dicksmoker said:
-Bigger text box when typing posts.

ಠ_ಠ

You can resize the box.

Like, with the mouse.

ಠ_ಠ

Can someone please dumbfuck Dicksmoker, btw? If for nothing else, his exchange with Kosmonaut in this thread alone warrants it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't. That's probably a feature of your browser.

MCA
Well, in that case, you filthy low life scum, what kind of shit browser do you have to be using to not have that feature? Internet Shitsplorer? Your answer doesn't matter, you should switch to Chrome today.

Make that now, as in right away.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
villain of the story said:
Can someone please dumbfuck Dicksmoker, btw? If for nothing else, his exchange with Kosmonaut in this thread alone warrants it.

Are you aware of the dangers of choice and consequences when asking for things on the codex?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Dicksmoker said:

ಠ_ಠ

You can resize the box.

Like, with the mouse.

ಠ_ಠ

Giant retard detected.

Dicksmoker said:
Dicksmoker said:

ಠ_ಠ

You can resize the box.

Like, with the mouse.

ಠ_ಠ

Giant retard detected.

2enc976.jpg

:retarded:

St. Toxic

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
I know. We're doing fine without the "view my own posts because I'm such a fucking egoist" feature

There are threads out there that contain valuable information, and sometimes the only clues I have are usernames or specific random words that I post there myself to keep track of it forever. Thanks alot.

Oh, and I resent the paradox above this post. :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
What the fuck. Can you faggots just have a fucking civil conversation without tossing in the insults just for the sake of it. Don't you have an ideal of character and style you'd try to reach in your daily lives? Does it include getting frustrated over strangers on the internet about inane technical details? I mean seriously, what the fuck is this? Why aren't you ashamed? Fucking subhumans

Jaesun said:
How many fucking tabs do you need open to view the codex? jebus.

There's a reason I made this request. That's a pretty light session from my perspective. The first two I'm just keeping around for future reference on roguelikes (and I should really hide them in a tab group somewhere). The next tab is for screencaps and the following one is for the actual reply. The rest are just the topics that caught my interest from the general finger. That's how I browse sites; go to the index, select articles / topics of interest and open each one in a new tab and work my way through them. I like my tabs. :oops:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Occasionally Fatal said:
Jaesun said:

There's a reason I made this request. That's a pretty light session from my perspective. The first two I'm just keeping around for future reference on roguelikes (and I should really hide them in a tab group somewhere). The next tab is for screencaps and the following one is for the actual reply. The rest are just the topics that caught my interest from the general finger. That's how I browse sites; go to the index, select articles / topics of interest and open each one in a new tab and work my way through them. I like my tabs. :oops:

I see OC. Updated my journal.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's this awesome hidden feature called the POST REPLY button, which has a bigass text field for you to use.

The quick reply window is, against all odds, meant for small, quick replies, not for bloody 5 page responses.

Newfags... :roll:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Occasionally Fatal said:
Jaesun said:

Don't be ashamed BRO, I browse the same way :bro: It's hard to see Chrome on my computer with less than a hundred tabs :lol:

Black Bart Charley said:
Why dont you go the, you know, easy route and install an already existing cms? Like Typo3 or something lightweight?

Or do they lack the awesome features that you want? Or is it the additional server load?

Ps: Dicksucker is a moron.

Antihero

Liturgist
Taluntain said:
There's this awesome hidden feature called the POST REPLY button, which has a bigass text field for you to use.

The quick reply window is, against all odds, meant for small, quick replies, not for bloody 5 page responses.

Newfags... :roll:
Both could still be a bit wider once you account for bbcode/URLs, but it comes down to personal preferences (otherwise I make too many paragraph breaks when it looks like it'll become a wall of text, but really isn't so much once posted). But at that point, one of the previous browser-side options should be good enough.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
I know. We're doing fine without the "view my own posts because I'm such a fucking egoist" feature

It's got nothing to do with egoism. If I post 10 replys on 10 different threads, then come back to the codex a day or two later, I use "view all posts by LittleJoe" just to see if there are any replies.
Without that feature I can't reference all the threads I posted in.
Also, it takes you straight to your post, without having to trawl through the entire thread.
Please bring that feature back.
I can't believe I'm the only one that's butthurt about this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom