Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim Abilities and Perks

corvus

Arcane
Mods will fix it. (directed to the previous two posts. actually fuck that directed to every post related to Skyrim from now on)

- ARGONIANS: Histskin (regenerate health quickly), resist disease, breathe underwater

Confirmed, furries are the most popamole class. Bethesda has a keen eye to discern what its player base desires.

Some of the perks are hilarious:

- Shock damage chance to disintegrate targets if their health is under 10%

- Recover twice as many arrows from dead bodies
- 50% chance of paralysing for few seconds

- Running does not affect detection chance
- Crouching can make hostile enemies lose sight of you and search for a target

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:
Oh well, still better than summoning an ancestral ghost.
I'd take ancestral ghost over fire shield any day. Especially given that it's incorporeal and cannot be hurt by mundane shit.

I'll take 50% avoidance over a shitty ghost any day.

DraQ

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:
I'd take ancestral ghost over fire shield any day. Especially given that it's incorporeal and cannot be hurt by mundane shit.

Placing ghost between mundane weapon wielding faggot and yourself in a narrow passage = 100% avoidance.

This was one of the very few actual improvements in failblivion.

Both the sanctuary effect and the ghost were retarded. The reason being that the AI didn't use it, and if it did then the game would be completely broken.

DragoFireheart

DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

Placing ghost between mundane weapon wielding faggot and yourself in a narrow passage = 100% avoidance.

- No, it only worked because the AI in Oblivion was retarded. Even then, it stopped working because of level scaled shitness everyone has Daedric from the Oblivion-wal mart fuck you for making me remember that pile of shit die in a fire.

DraQ

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

- No, it only worked because the AI in Oblivion was retarded. Even then, it stopped working because of level scaled shitness everyone has Daedric from the Oblivion-wal mart fuck you for making me remember that pile of shit die in a fire.
I'm speaking of how ghost worked in Morrowind where ordinary bandits rarely used anything rarer than unenchanted steel.

It would have been quite a powerful ability.

DragoFireheart

DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

I'm speaking of how ghost worked in Morrowind where ordinary bandits rarely used anything rarer than unenchanted steel.

- It would have been bad in Morrowind because my 7.62mm Ring of Fireballs would kill it "accidentally" all the time.

Apparently I had this same issue in Daggerfall with AoE magic and myself having spell absorb. 7.62mm gun spells of doom.

Redeye

Arcane
Ok, so it seems I can still do Breton if the Birth thingies still in.

I need Wombburn/Atronach sign to make my build work.

Just add stealth skills, alchemy from eating everything/trining, and my usual run/jump/swim grinding of Speed/Endurance.

Fuck jumping through their hoops.

Maybe add the Alteration Perk that gives extra 30% magicka ressist/whatever.

As for fighting, archery for lulz and a big knockback thing for lulz.
I'm not RPing a Knight or a dual-wielding kewl Drow.
Or a wizard.

DraQ

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

- It would have been bad in Morrowind because my 7.62mm Ring of Fireballs would kill it "accidentally" all the time.

Apparently I had this same issue in Daggerfall with AoE magic and myself having spell absorb. 7.62mm gun spells of doom.
Post sucks, Drago is a Fargoth.

DragoFireheart

DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

Post sucks, Drago is a Fargoth.

I suck because I enjoy magic guns?

Micmu

Magister
I see some of you fans still haven't realized betshitsda dumped all primary attributes and derived stats. Did you really expect some awesomenes of traits and birthsigns and whatnot, now? There are no "builds", btw. It's as simple action game as EAware stuff except it'll give you some level up screen to raise your fireball and sword skill.
Even I remembered that from newsbits posted here, and I haven't been following this garbage other than reading Codex newsposts a bit here and there (to bitch in them lol).

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And it begins:

http://forums.theelderscrollsskyrim.com ... f=2&t=6199

One thing that bothered me a little bit is this perk:
- 10% price buying from opposite sex
This game already has same-sex marriage, why did this little bit of heteronormativity slip through? What if I want to play a lesbian (which I do) who wants to seduce female shopkeepers into giving me better prices? It's like saying that although the player can choose their orientation, all of the people in the world are heterosexual, so it doesn't actually matter. It's a minor issue and I never use the Speech skill anyway, but it still bothered me.

:decline:

Bethesda forums are already packed to the brim with retards. I can't wait to see what happens once bioware fans get wind of the fact that skyrim caters to their whims. This is why games should ignore homosexuality, unless it's for the purpose of mocking it. If they think they're being oppressed, they won't have the ball to complain about this inane shit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DraQ said:
Mastermind said:

I prefer abilities that are still useful in the late game. Given that there's no spellmaking the odds are good that the fire shield will either scale or provide a % return.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
;DROP DATABASE;-- said:
Did you really expect some awesomenes of traits and birthsigns and whatnot, now?

TES never had traits, unless you mean racial shit which has been shit since arena (with daggerfall not really having any). Birthsigns were dumb and beth couldn't balance them so I don't care.

There are no "builds", btw.

Actually it's the first TES game to have "builds" since unlike daggerfall, morrowind and oblivion, you can't become a master of all trades (Arena had limitations too but there wasn't much customization past character creation).

Stinger

Arcane
What? The learn by doing system seems to clearly encourage learning every skill available and the level cap is so ridiculously high that it seems pretty clear that players will become a master of all trades.

I'd rather have a starting summon to take the heat off me at the beginning of the game. Having something to watch your back can mean all the difference in those early stages, especially if you're playing on hard.. And ghosts typically have certain advantages keeping them in the fight.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I thought Daggerfall did have a trait like system in the custom character selection.
You would set the strengths and weaknesses with "balance" of leveling up being harder or easier depending on what you picked.
Unfortunately it could be considered broken as one could pretty much build a god like character.

I blame bad memory on my part for any inaccuracy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's not too late. They can change Imperial racial bonus to increased sales price of items by 5-10%.

They get more coins, it's just less derp. Seriously. It's that simple. Bethards really blew simple stuff once again.

deuxhero

Arcane
The magic ones (Restoring Stamina and recharging mana more quickly seem usable) look REALLY useless. They are all stupidly linear boosts that don't even apply to every spell in the school most of the time, while the warrior/theif trees h.

Either a:Not the full list b:they are holding intresting perks hostage for final release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom