Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Skyrim MP mod] Tamriel Online: Share the misery

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67038/?

Introduction
Tamriel Online is a wip mod that will let you play Skyrim with your friends. This mod aims to allow multiple people to play together, with/without the same mods, in the simplest way possible.

This is NOT an MMO mod. It is not designed for thousands of concurrent players, or to do consistency checks on people who might "cheat". I believe that Skyrim is a wonderful game, one that would be even better with friends playing alongside, and affecting the world with you.

To that end, this mod will add as much interaction, and interplay, between games as possible.

Version History
1.0.0 - Initial release: position, rotation, armor, weapons, height, width, customizations, stats, name, walking, swimming, sitting, running, jumping, sneaking, and basic combat synchronization (you can attack, and it will synchronize on other people's screen), basic support for networking in mods (the "NetworkPV" function in "SkyUtilitiesScript" will call the "SETPV" console command on your avatar across the network).

As you might expect, it works like total horseshit and it's not really playable at its current state, but it's still a p. impressive modding effort from one guy, in just a few weeks' time. Especially since it seems to support mods just fine, which ought to have some interesting implications when people start enjoying co-operative quest mod experiences raping each other with Sexlab mods.

I remember Morrowind had something like this, released by a group that made no-install versions of games like Diablo and VtmB. "Morrowind Co-Op", you can still find the torrent on piratebay. I never personally tried it but if it worked I assume it would be well-known.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, commonly referred to simply as Morrowind, is a single player computer role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, and published by Bethesda Softworks and Ubisoft. It is the third installment in The Elder Scrolls series of games. It was released in North America in 2002 for Microsoft Windows and the Xbox. Well-received publicly and critically, selling over four million copies and winning more than 60 awards, including Game of the Year, Morrowind holds an average review score of 89% from both Metacritic and Game Rankings.The game spawned two expansion packs for the PC: Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Both were eventually repackaged into a full set containing all three, Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition, which shipped on October 30, 2003 for both PC and Xbox.

The story takes place on Vvardenfell, an island in the Dunmer province of Morrowind, which lies in the empire of Tamriel and is far from the more civilized lands to the west and south that typified Daggerfall and Arena. The central quests concern the deity Dagoth Ur, housed within the volcanic Red Mountain, who seeks to gain power and break Morrowind free from Imperial reign. Morrowind was designed with an open-ended free-form style of gameplay in mind, with a lessened emphasis on the game's main plot. This choice received mixed reviews in the gaming press, though such feelings were tempered by reviewers' appreciation of Morrowind's expansive and detailed game world.

This is a new Release of Morrowind and its initial expansion, Bloodmoon. Tribunal has not been included as the Federation feels it damages game play. Many releases of Morrowind have existed since its inception. While the original releases and many subsequent releases did contain all the necessary files for a clean install of the third Elder Scrolls' game, they were flawed by two critical Vista stability issues, and frequent playability problems. By utilizing a new wrapper of Microsoft DirectX through the MGEgui mod and complete rebuilds of the games textures through a multitude of graphic enhancement mods the Federation has been able to release a version of Morrowind which is portable, completely stable, and possesses graphics which in many instances are better than those of Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

The Federation also included in this release a multiplayer function. This two player co-op function is provided through a bundled version of Morrowind Online which has been modified for stability. While the Federation has been able to improve the mod's stability, the original issues which led to this mod being abandoned remain, primarily the inability to save new character data. This mod will allow any two single player characters to meet and traverse the world together. The Federation considers these issues to be inconsequential as the main purpose of this release is to provide accessibility by resolving vista-related installation and gameplay issues.

As this release is a "common" Federal release it will receive updates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multiplayer Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow these steps to begin a multiplayer session:

[1]: Open the "Morrowind Co-op" shortcut. This should open a small window with a big Yellow label.

[2a]: If you intend on connecting to another player, type their IP address in the boxes on the top right and hit Connect.

[2b]: Once connected, the label will turn green for confirmation. This program uses Port 6112

[3]: When both players press Transplant, Bamf will query your peer for any object definitions and media files necessary for your character to manifest. Any resources found lacking on one peer will be compressed and sent by the other.

[4]: Once both players are ready, you may both press the "Launch Morrowind Online" button on the "Morrowind Online" interface.

=

Tested and 100% working.

The Multiplayer mod shows you an NPC representing other online players. You won't be able to attack the same mobs etc, but it's still pretty cool.

Very simple install and easy to start a MP game.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I remember Morrowind had something like this, released by a group that made no-install versions of games like Diablo and VtmB. "Morrowind Co-Op", you can still find the torrent on piratebay. I never personally tried it but if it worked I assume it would be well-known.

I remember this. i'm not sure if they ever got far with it. The version I tried had some chests scattered around the world. Items put into them on one persons copy would be visible on the others. They didn't actually let you see the other player move around or affect your world.

Also, even if we assume the people making skyrim online pull it off, syncing copies that don't run the same mods sounds extremely unlikely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom