Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrimjob Info, fresh from Quakecon

corvus

Arcane
Ulminati said:
But can you romance a dragon?

No.

You can romance UNLIMITED dragons!

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Clockwork Knight said:
Settle down, Beavis.

Well, I think it just means you can get new perks as long as you keep leveling, isntead of reaching a level / perk cap.

Yeah, I overplayed my hand for dramatic effect. An image cap would have conveyed the message without creating the illusion of anger. I suspect a mod will arrive close to release that creates an actual level cap at any rate.

Of course, mods will also allow to you play a well developed goth chick who, despite engaging in numerous depraved acts with men, women, ogres, dogs, dragons, and mountain lions, still carries an almost saintly innocence on her face. Let's be honest, deep down, that's what everyone wants to be in lif--The Elder Scrolls.

The real problems with Skyrim will be related to the engine, the dialogue, and the story. I unfortunately suspect that these will be numerous regardless of what the marketing speak says. Everything else, in an ideal world, would be fixed by modders.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Aldebaran said:
Of course, mods will also allow to you play a well developed goth chick who, despite engaging in numerous depraved acts with men, women, ogres, dogs, dragons, and mountain lions, still carries an almost saintly innocence on her face. Let's be honest, deep down, that's what everyone wants to be in lif--The Elder Scrolls.
The goth part's a bit much, but you're right on the money with the rest of it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The more I read about Skyrimjob, the more I feel everything will be alright. It seems like Bethesda is going to give us what Oblivion should have been and fix all the issues that game had. I still wait to see how this Radiant Story turns out, but so far it reminds me of the quest generator from daggerfall. It's a similar move Nintendo pulled with the Wii: marketing old tech as new (Power glove). Personally, I'll likely be buying this day one for my Xbox360 unless I hear negative crap otherwise. At the very least, Bethesda isn't pretending their flag-ship series is some hardcore cRPG anymore and is seeing it as the FP-action-RPG it always was.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Aldebaran said:
What the fuck is this shit? Does this mean what I think it means? You can just grab every perk eventually?

Not likely. There's like 250 of them and IIRC you hit level 70-80 when all your skills are maxed, and level gain slows considerably after 50. You might still be able to abuse jail to gain potentially unlimited levels, so an autismfag or two might hit it, but all in all you'll get everything in the same way you got every skill in oblivion and morrowind (by cheating, because no normal person has the patience for that shit :troll:)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Jaesun said:
HatTrick said:
I'll let you bicker amongst yourselves. I'm too fucking tired to insult this stuff.

People give a fucking shit about this shit game?

I'd rather jab forks into my eyeballs.

If I had to pick between a free copy of skyrim and saving your life, I'd pick two copies of skyrim, just to be sure. :M

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not feeling *nearly* enough rage being exuded ITT. It's as if Codex has lost its edge or something.

Here, let me stoke the fire a little bit by revealing my plans for 11/11/11:

I plan on spending well over $600.00US on upgrades for my rig specifically to play Skyrim.

Yes, you read that right. Feel free to quote it, to remember it and spit it back at me for all time. I will be purchasing an Intel Core i7 2600K processor, a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard, 12GB of Mushkin Blackline DDR3 RAM and a Cooler Master HAF X case, all in preparation to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on day one of release.

saupload_emperor_palpatine.jpg

Exmit

Scholar
Crispy you have truly fallen to the Darkside, but I STILL sense good in you, search you feelings, for you know it to be true..........

Exmit

Scholar
Crispy said:
palpatine.jpg

DUAL WIELD

yoda.jpg

Sorry Crispy, my 1 handed spec beats your silly dual wield.

+ 2 to attack and + 2 AC

Machocruz

Arcane
TES has always been decent at best RPG to me, but these things make the game look way better than Oblivion, which was a joke. The only TES approaching Very Good is Morrowind, and only because of the landscape.

But their excuses for not having spears and seperate armor pieces are still weak, as are the people who defend these things. Demon's Souls made spears worhtwhile, why can't these assholes with a budget twice as large as From Software works with.[/quote]

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Crispy said:
I'm not feeling *nearly* enough rage being exuded ITT. It's as if Codex has lost its edge or something.

Here, let me stoke the fire a little bit by revealing my plans for 11/11/11:

I plan on spending well over $600.00US on upgrades for my rig specifically to play Skyrim.

Yes, you read that right. Feel free to quote it, to remember it and spit it back at me for all time. I will be purchasing an Intel Core i7 2600K processor, a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard, 12GB of Mushkin Blackline DDR3 RAM and a Cooler Master HAF X case, all in preparation to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on day one of release.

saupload_emperor_palpatine.jpg

What's the point of all that hardware, if it can run on the 360 it'll run on a half decent computer.

corvus

Arcane
theelderscrolls5skyrimb.png

Redguard1.jpg

2qkmfsn.jpg

character2k_kotaku.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110813081209834.jpg

You guys I'm with Crispy on this one, Skyrim's gonna be the best game in 2011 even better than New Vegas :D

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Doesn't look that much different from Fallout 3, tech wise. Well, except for the shadows.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Drog Black Tooth said:
Doesn't look that much different from Fallout 3, tech wise. Well, except for the shadows.

It has sort of a grim-dark look from Fallout 3. The shadows look better, but the texturing seems gritty. Anyways, I don't give a shit how pretty it looks. Will it be fun and a least match Morrowind quality wise?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
racofer said:
Skyrim's gonna be the best game in 2011
It's not like the contestants will impose that much of a challenge, ehh...

Yeah, it's not there has been a flood of actual cRPG's hitting the market.

Oh nevermind...

Obvious dumbfuck is obvious.

corvus

Arcane
DragoFireheart said:
Will it be fun and a least match Morrowind quality wise?

outlook-not-so-good.jpg

Jaesun said:
racofer said:
Skyrim's gonna be the best game in 2011
It's not like the contestants will impose that much of a challenge, ehh...

Yeah, it's not there has been a flood of actual cRPG's hitting the market.

Oh nevermind...

Obvious dumbfuck is obvious.

I joined on the 23rd you dick.

:rpgcodex:

Coyote

Arcane
corvus said:
I joined on the 23rd you dick.

The join date displayed is based on the reader's time zone settings. So each poster will appear to have joined on one of two dates (in your case, the 22nd or 23rd), depending on the time zone of the person who's reading it.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
The characters don't look utterly retarded. I'm confused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom