Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware SMAC, where's mah faction "help" (gog)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I haven't played the game in a long time now, but i distinctly remember a "help" and "load" buttons in the faction selection screen. But on my gog version, i get nothing except an "other" button, plus the ok and cancel buttons. At first i was like, ok brainfog, but i actually got PROOF:

factions-300x225.jpg

Tiny screenshot but its there. So what have you done with my SMAC, gog?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The expansion pack might change that screen.

I'm going to see if they still have the older gog version (the one without the expansion) in some inventory and see if i get the original screen back. Codex told me that the expansion is cancer anyway.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nope, no torrents left. Fucking Crossfire ruining my SMAC in more ways then one.

Nikolaj

Educated
I don't have it installed now, so I'm not sure, but I seem to recall there's a separate .exe file for running the original game. Did you check?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
There is, and that's what i'm running. Except the original game seems to be altered. There is in fact a faction editor for Crossfire (in a separate exe, no less), but not for the original. I never played Crossfire so i don't know how bad it really is but i remember a lot of people here seem to be very butthurt about it. I just want my SMAC as i remember it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Crossfire is pretty lame. I believe the publisher had a totally different team make it. The factions suck compared to the original ones, and you can't play with both. You either have to choose expansion factions or original.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Crossfire is pretty lame. I believe the publisher had a totally different team make it. The factions suck compared to the original ones, and you can't play with both. You either have to choose expansion factions or original.

You can pick and choose factions for your campaign in Crossfire. Most of the Crossfire ones are lame, but some are okay lorewise, like the Commies or the Cyborgs (Okay, they're kind of out of place until Future tech, but still.). The pirate faction is still the worst thing in the game.

Still, none of them are as cool as the vanilla dudes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom