Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Not that I'm aware of, maybe its indicative of a shift shifting back to tanky jungles on its own somehow but I doubt it.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Currently, Golem seems kind of weak compared to other jungle items. When they change it, tank junglers might become a thing again. Honestly, I'd want even more item diversity in the jungle, even if it's better now than before.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Trololo of the day, ADC Tresh new meta.

flH1h8z.jpg

Game was pretty even till Ryze snowballed with exception of me and Tresh raping bot lane, mostly thanks to their Alistar wasting all of his mana on his E.
I didnt even look in the champ select menu, was last pick and browsing something else, instalocked Gragas and went back to Firefox.
When the game was loading, I was like where the hell is our ad carry, but it turned out alright anyway.

Erzherzog

Magister
ADC Thresh was slightly popular on release. Great statline on the Cait btw.

Drank a few this evening, accidentally played ranked, was meaning to practice Karma support. Won anyways so it's cool.

Actually, since so many mages are becoming popular supports I've been really open to playing it now. I swear to god if I can only play a better Zyra I will swap Support for Mid as my secondary role.

Maokai is supposed to get %health damage too (suprise suprise) so his damage is pretty much buffed.

I think I'll buy the Basic Bundle, learn the basics, and take it from there.

BRB in... a few weeks? Thank you for the tips guys!

If you're really gonna stick with this game, you need to save all IP for runes, because those fuckers can't be bought with money. They're ridiculously expensive too.

Erzherzog

Magister
On a scale of Madred's Bloodrazors to Runaan's Hurricane how shitty is Essence Reaver?

EDIT: God, how long ago did Rito say they'd adjust team builder mmr to normal mmr? I practiced a ton of Lissandra and now play mostly with golds once I got good.

But this game, I play support Zyra, get matched against a Diamond 5 Lee Sin. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. DIAMOND FUCKING 5 AGAINST BRONZE 1.

My consolation prize is that we actually did rather well bot. Me and Jinx harassed well enough that Jinx's lone death in laning was canceled out by CS. I'm actually enjoying Zyra as sort of a weird carry support where I don't feel bad building damage after I finish spellthiefs and sightstone.

I still love morg tho, too easy mode. Trying to figure out itemization on support Karma...Ardent Censer is underwhelming.

Last edited:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I thought the consensus was that Essence Reaver is pretty good, on certain champs and under certain circumstances. Especially now that BT has fallen out of favor. No idea though, haven't played in weeks. I like that Ghostblade is buffed for.ranged champs now, I always liked that item.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
RoAx5=OP Kharthus

Depends on your farming skills. I'd build RoA,magpen boots, the thing you build from tear that gives you mana shield, deathcap, void and hourglass.
Kharthus is alot about right timing and when you jump in the middle of the teamfight, more of a in your face mage instead of someone like Lux that spams shit from afar.
You can spam your Q's but they wont win you a teamfight unless you jump in and go all kamikaze on the other team. Unless you're really fed that is.

Psquit

Arcane
never mind i just refund karthus... its not solo queue friendly maybe ill try brand, is there any op heroe from the 4800 points?

q2qOBXd.jpg

Riot should add a Chat Wheel(dota 2 style) the ping shit its awful.

Last edited:
I had this idea once when playing against a jungle Rammus, when every time he'd come out of the jungle to gank, his rolling animation was lagging the crap out of my computer: every time he appears to enemy players, the client should play a few seconds of that "Rolling" song by Limp Bizkit from the 90s. You know, for extra ambience and lag potential.

Renegen

Arcane
Karthus is soloque friendly, he has one of the best late games of any mid! There's quite a lot of Karthus mains in diamond 1. Brand is cool too, he's my #1 mid laner and he probably does more damage than anyone in the entire game (Karthus gives him a run). But his lack of mobility is something you have to overcome and in general I'd say Brand isn't noob friendly.

Both Brand and Karthus also have the added benefit of being quite viable outside of mid. You can use them both in top lane, jungle and even bot lane. I'd even say Brand is one of the very few champions that is viable in all 5 positions. But the more out of meta you play them the more you have to play them right.

Last edited:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Wasting a refund on a champ bought with IP is a bad decision. Besides, Karthus is cool. Wish I had him. Assuming I had any time for this game, or other games.

Psquit

Arcane
My main moba is dota 2 plus this is my smurf account. I just play lol when im in a losing streak in dota 2.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Never understood smurfs, whats the joy of crushing noobs. Its crushing good players brings warmth to my heart.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I derped for several games on EuW, still not level 14 lawl, and I can confirm that it puts me in the game for the most part with other smurfs.
There is maybe 1 out 10 that is a 'new' player. I can hardly believe that a noob can farm almost 200 creeps in 20 min. Lol, I can barely do 150 when I'm mid.
Also, jungling without runes is such a pain.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Only "points" of smurfs I can see, beyond dodging bans, is either if you want to prove your skill by having several high ranked accounts or if you are so highly ranked that queue times are extremely long and you just don't feel like waiting that long. That and playing with people on other servers, I guess. Otherwise, why bother?

Psquit

Arcane
Never understood smurfs, whats the joy of crushing noobs. Its crushing good players brings warmth to my heart.

To crush low elo scrubs, see them driven before you, and to hear the euphoria of their waifus... Yolo swag mlg XxxquickscopingxxX 1v1 m8!

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Year ago I went to friends house who just started to play LoL (he was around lvl 10) and asked me to show him few tricks because he tried few games with his new champ Jax and got raped every time. So I pick Jax for the first time ever and go 43/3, died three times when I went 1vs5. I got no real enjoyment from that game, but just recently I played mid vs Diamond 3 Ahri raped her with Swain, now that kind of game brings smile on my face

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Had ranked a match where the whole team communicated, played for objectives not chasing kills, and won smartly. Definitely a unique experience.

Even more amusing because the team comps were so confused. Singed/Talon/Fiddlesticks(me)/Lucian/Nautilus vs. Malphite(top)/Ryze(mid)/Amumu/Cait/Nidalee. Bronze 1 people. We are terribad at picks.

Definitely carried the match though. I failed my last 6 (SIX) promos to silver tier, a 7 game winstreak has me hopeful of another. No time to play anymore though. My practice queue is quickly filling up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom