Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Dragon Age 2...

Am I a terrible judge of games?

• Total voters

DeepOcean

Arcane
I like the smiley face at the end of the sucking/
Now, I understand why you liked Dragon Age 2 so much... :P

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Dragon age 2 is a good game... to give as a example to new devs how to not make a game.
There are so many flaws, problems, plot holes, broken balance, lore destruction and lazy design choices thrown in and then ontop of it all you have a rushed game.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here just a small example of lazy choice;

DAO-There are no teleportation spells in Thedas (The Dragon Age Setting)
DA2- Suddenly all magi can teleport(except our champion who is way stronger than other magi), oh noes pardon me, its not teleporting, they just move too fast... They are also only can cast 2-3 spells max.

DeepOcean

Arcane

DA2- Suddenly all magi can teleport(except our champion who is way stronger than other magi), oh noes pardon me, its not teleporting, they just move too fast... They are also only can cast 2-3 spells max.
The emperor shouted with his voice and teleportation now is allowed.

Lancehead

Liturgist
That's because Dragon Age is not a franchise that the Codex at large holds dear so they might cry rape about DA2.

pan

Learned
Banal. Shit. Boring.

That describes the codex response to this topic.

Narcissistic is the word I would use to identify those inane ramblings which serve neither to entertain me with wit nor to provide any meaningful insight into this subject for review. The delusional notion that your shallow, idiotic opinions would even be worth my time- it's times like this that I can't help but feel disgusted by this place.

Tytus

Arcane
Banal. Shit. Boring.

Narcissistic is the word I would use to identify those inane ramblings which serve neither to entertain me with wit nor to provide any meaningful insight into this subject for review. The delusional notion that your shallow, idiotic opinions would even be worth my time- it's times like this that I can't help but feel disgusted by this place.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
To be fair, they fixed some fundamental flaws of the combat mechanics (potions spamming, OP spells)... but they also added gazillion of new fuck-ups.

It's also worth mentioning that the gameplay/story separation in DA2 puts many japanese games to shame and achieves whole new dimensions of derp. This is kind of revolutionary I guess...

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
If I post in this popamole thread will it count as a cRPG post even if it later gets moved to popamole?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Banal. Shit. Boring.

Okay ... I guess, good luck in the RPGWatch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I thought it was okay as a timesink. A guy I respect described it as a great RPG system used by the world's most boring GM which is somewhat accurate (too many damn systematic flaws for me to call it "great").
To be fair, they fixed some fundamental flaws of the combat mechanics (potions spamming, OP spells)... but they also added gazillion of new fuck-ups.
Hey a statement I can agree with.

Abstraction. Those mages aren't really teleporting. :)

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I thought it was okay as a timesink. A guy I respect described it as a great RPG system used by the world's most boring GM which is somewhat accurate (too many damn systematic flaws for me to call it "great").
Hey a statement I can agree with.

Abstraction. Those mages aren't really teleporting. :)

You can't even tell, unless you're somewhat familiar with Dragon Age's setting. Bad abstraction. Some people weren't even sure if they'd retconned that, or not, because there was no way to tell.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The game does manage to give off a "I never want to play this game again" vibe though, after a while. More frustrating is the fact that this thing got so many good reviews. Only decent thing about it was the Mark of Assassin DLC. Never finished it, but at least they tried using some more unique environments and larger areas to explore.
ixfsLwma3avTG.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Image doesn't display.

I finished the game once. My opinion on a game's quality can shift gradually over time after completing and/or revisiting it. In this case, Dragon Age 2 did not evoke any painful memories, but I have little desire to revisit squeaky clean Kirkwall again. I don't see the contradiction.

Ten bucks says some of you here have played Mark of the Assassin far more than I have. :roll:

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Some biodrones were praising BioWare's modeling of Felicia Day's face for her character Tallis. :smug:

As for her character, eh... at least that scene with the wyvern was kinda funny.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I feel more disappointed with Dragon Age 2 than outright enraged. There are plenty of good ideas in it that're just kinda tossed aside or fumbled really fucking badly, the overarching plot being one of them. They really should've just focused on either the Quanari rebellion or The Mage civil war, or at the very least have less focus on the former, because as it is the story feels horribly disconnected, more like Episodes from Kirkwall City than an epic story of Hawke's Rise to Power.

But I think the biggest problem with it is that despite this supposedly being about Hawke's epic rise to power and prominence in Kirkwall the game, from the moment you take your first steps into Kirkwall and the final moments stepping out of it, constantly makes you feel more like an inept messenger boy than a demigod. Hell, you so often fail to arrive in time to solve anything that the game may as well be subtitled Dragon Age II: You were too late. Hell, even at the endgame, where I am the Viscount of the fucking city with the Captain of the Guard on my side and several prominent figures in Kirkwall backing me up, I am completely unable to do anything with my status to solve the conflict and instead have to be the bitch-boy for one of the two factions having a hissy fit,

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
It's me. Roguey is my waifu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom