Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So Dragon Age: Origins is rather fun so far

Heresy and Decline?

• Good spotting.

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • No problem here, move along people.

Votes: 34 18.2%
  • Your spirit waivers.

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • Time for re-education. One month with no internet and a copy of Arcanum only.

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • Heresy is afoot, send him to watchwitz!

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Call the Comissar, we got a HERETIC here!

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • *BLAM*

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters
So guys, after being internetless and computer-less for a good time, I finally managed to get my hands on Dragon Age: Origins a few days ago and I am now playing it every day.

So far I'm liking this game. The story is a bit too cliche (defeat the evil demon darkspawn horde), but the early game twist was quite good.

That said, the game was a bit binary at the times. I took the human mage origin. Why I had to participate in Jowan's hijinks? What if I don't know, don't care about Jowan and his hijinks? The game forces you to help him.

Also, lots of fake dialogue options that spring up on the same answer. I blame voiced-over dialogue.

Whoa, a party! Awesome! I'm liking the party-members so far. Allistair is funny and very bro, Morrigan is snarky and bitchy but has her uses, Sten is secretive but makes one hell of a brick, the Mabari is a COOL DOGGY (he's no Worthless Mutt, though), Liliana sucks at combat but tells cool stories and Wyanna is pretty nice. But... why I can only use four characters at the same time? That seems a bit boring for me, I usually stick with myself/Allistair/Morrigan/Sten. Only reason I brought Lilliana to a fight is that she has poison training, which means she can thrown bombs for me (don't ask me why knowing how to make poison makes you one hell of a bomber, but it does), which is awesome for dealing with crownds. Her arrows are useless and her melee combat abilities aren't worth it when I could simply slap a tougher character to shield my mages.

So far I'm in the Circle Tower once again, and things are... let's say, trippy at the moment.

So far, I'm thinking its a good game hampered by some bad shit (FOUR PARTY MEMBERS? UUUURGH!!). So far its pretty fun, and I like the lore.

Also, is it just me or Ferelden = Ireland?

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Kingcomrade would *BLAM* you, OP.

Seriously though, I'd like to know what has to be ingested to cause such immense cognitive disorder. To avoid it, of course.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Whoa, a party! Awesome! I'm liking the party-members so far. Allistair is funny and very bro, Morrigan is snarky and bitchy but has her uses, Sten is secretive but makes one hell of a brick, the Mabari is a COOL DOGGY (he's no Worthless Mutt, though), Liliana sucks at combat but tells cool stories and Wyanna is pretty nice.
I played game with these companions few times, but every time it was called different.

Dragon Age is shit, off with your head.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
YAY CODEX GOTY 2009

Ferelden is Anglo-Saxon England if it had managed to overthrow the Norman occupation (Orlesians)

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I thought the game was kind of fun too at the beginning. It's all downhill after the origin story. At some point you'll realize that the lore and the story are actually just really fucking generic and boring, all of the characters are whiny faggots and 95% of the game consists of fighting the same incredibly repetitive trash mobs over and over again. Then you must ask yourself why you're playing the game in the first place, and you won't know how to answer that.

You'll learn to hate it soon enough, trust me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

NEVAR FORGET

f0tddx.jpg
ziprp3.png

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
The only thing I found funny and somehow interesting in this pile of shit, is the presence of fucking in the first 5 minutes of every prologue. The best ones were human homo/hetero with a servant and elf gangbang.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Somebody called for the Commissar? Do what Abnaxus said play Drakensang 2 (without pointless DLC) instead, DAO is like tranny Puta it will promise much only to reveal her true self, leave you so shocked so you won't notice her stealing your time and will run away leaving you with nasty hangover. But if you do insist to loose sanity points and KKodex cool creds take human and dwarf nobles* the only two origins in which your PC has some coherent reason like Vengance! to soldier on through Derp Roads.... And don't forget to play DA2 then to see all your advertised choices having NO consequnces. :troll:

* I believe those two have servants to molest them.

rogozhin

Cipher
I thought the game was kind of fun too at the beginning. It's all downhill after the origin story. At some point you'll realize that the lore and the story are actually just really fucking generic and boring, all of the characters are whiny faggots and 95% of the game consists of fighting the same incredibly repetitive trash mobs over and over again. Then you must ask yourself why you're playing the game in the first place, and you won't know how to answer that.

This exactly mirrors my experience with DA:O. I had some semblance of fun at the beginning and really wanted to like the game, but it only got worse and worse. I am just happy that I rage-uninstalled even before the infamous Derp Roads.

Also, Alistair is not a bro, he's just pathetic. I played a female character and that little asshole made me understand why most women can't stand so-called nice guys. I actually romanced Leliana just to break his fucking heart. Which was a bad idea in hindsight, as her "singing" and that horrible, horrible lesbian sex scene resulted in permanent sanity loss. How I wish I could forget that stuff.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I like the game a good bit, don't give a fuck who knows it. It has it's problems, certainly, but how many other games like it were coming out at the time? Fucking none. I played a vengeful human hating elf bride with a dead husband and other than it being a bit too cliche fantasy I enjoyed myself immensely.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Only takes 85 hours to realize DA:O is shit. :D

I played DA:O but I only made it to Lothering. After that, it just couldn't hold me.

Sabriana

Learned
I like DA:O. It has its problems, but for a Bioware game its really not too bad. Yeah, I do wish my human noble could whack Alistair over the head and be done with it, but well, it wasn't possible.

Loghain is a great antagonist, imo. And yes, I loved the Deep Roads. Creeped me out something fierce, and the Broodmother creeped me out even more. I guess you would have to be a woman to understand the creep-factor of that particular Deep Roads part.

Make of that what you will, I still like the game.

Edited to add: and what's with this 'homo' thing here? It's not exactly new. I do seem to remember a certain pirate in Temple of Elemental Evil.

Sabriana

Learned
Poor Sabriana, it's 2nd time he has to defend himself from accusations of newfaggotry. As evdk said before, everyone is here since 2002.

Also are you a biological female, this is important
:lol:

Yes, really. It's getting a bit tiresome. Perhaps I should put "aka Kenilan" in my sig :P

Well, and after all the transgender hulabaloo, I can imagine that it's important. Although, said hulabaloo was quite entertaining. It had everything: Drama, comedy, intrigue, the works.

Krivol

Magister

This - "origins (TM)" has nothing to do with a story (pathetic one) and all the choices are typically BioWarish (be nice or not, Mass Effect is allways the same).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom