Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum off Steam

Cynic

Arcane
Ah bros, this game, it's creeping up the ladder in my favourite RPGs list.

So I didn't eat Okku eventhough he looks delicious. I guess that means I miss out on the One of Many companion? Which is better? I'm beginning to see how this game really caters for an evil playthrough, I'm not LARPing all that well, I'm choosing options all over the place although my character is chaotic evil so it sort of makes sense in some ways.

I do like Okku though, he makes this the best jRPG ever

:troll:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One of Many is better for evil playthroughs. You'll probably have shit influence with Okku and eventually piss him off enough to attack you.

Cynic

Arcane
Hmm oh well. Will see how I go...oh what the fuck these Ancient Vampires are fucking tough!!!

Whoa that was intense. That was an epic fight for sure. I ended up using the Bombardment spell and it smashed all the urns in the room unleashing about 10 undead spirits to fight at the same time as all the vampires. I managed to get through it though. Okku is good shit, I buffed him like crazy and made most other ethereal/invisible and stood back, Kaelyn was very helpful too with protection spells and debuffs. Toughest fight so far in the game that's for sure, but quite a lot of fun.

Question - what happens when my craving maxes out? It's almost there at the moment

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Craving? Nothing except you get hungry really fast. If you meant hunger, the answer is bad things.

Cynic

Arcane
Hmm well there's two meters, spirit energy and craving. I guess if the spirit energy drops too low, I'll die right? But whenever I consume a spirit the craving goes up, but it's not max yet. What happens if it goes to max? Is there any way to get it down?

Rake

Arcane
Hmm well there's two meters, spirit energy and craving. I guess if the spirit energy drops too low, I'll die right? But whenever I consume a spirit the craving goes up, but it's not max yet. What happens if it goes to max? Is there any way to get it down?
craving is how fast your spirit Energy drops. Nothing happens if it goes to max. You can lower it by suppresing near a spirit instead of devouring it.

Terpsichore

Arcane
There's a mod that freezes your spirit bar when you are idling, checking descriptions, organizing spells and stuff like that, makes things less annoying.

Cynic

Arcane
Right, that seems like the way it should have behaved anyway. I'll get it. Thanks.

edit: got a link?

Last edited:
some related mods here

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/2300...spirit-eating-as-i-keep-running-out-of-juice/

There are several things.

The MotB Makeover SoZ Edition (link in sig below) among other things changes the spirit eater functions so that points are not consumed while standing idly.

The Spirit Meter Autopause is the code from the MotB Makeover that prevents points from being consumed while standing idly, so that it can be installed independently of the Makeover.

In my Silverwand Sundries there is an item called the Spirit Eater Recharger you can download that resets the spirit eater meter to 100 whenever you use it.

The Spirit Eater Cheat description says that it changes the satiate feat to refill the spirit eater meter. I haven't used this myself.

And there is the Spirit Eater Tweak that reduces the rate of spirit eater point consumption. I haven't used this myself either.

there's also this if you're a proud rest-spammer and don't want to deal with the bar anymore

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nwn2scripts.detail&id=166

Xor

Arcane
If you cheat the spirit meter away then you're losing out on a big part of what makes MotB a good game: actions have consequences, and if you give into your hunger you're going to have a much more difficult time.

It's also really not that difficult to manage. You can pick up a perk that lets you eat humanoids and once you get that, it's pretty easy to keep your energy up all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom