Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, NWN2.

dolio

Scholar
Neverwinter Nights 2 sucks because I never bothered to learn how wizard/cleric spell casting works!

Kaiserin

Liturgist
You have to apply metamagic feats to spells beforehand with wizards/clerics/any class that prepares spells as opposed to casting them spontaneously(sorcerer/bard). They must also be prepared in a higher slot than is normally required depending on the feat being applied.

The game does suck though. The only time D&D rules should be used for PC games is when they are built in a manner conducive to the use of those rules. Fighting hordes of lower level crap enemies is not the finest use of the rule set. 3rd edition is centered around fighting singular 'boss monsters,' 3-4 synergistic monsters, or another party of adventurers. It's going to be rotten for demonstrating any kind of one-on-one combat especially, which is why I am of the opinion that NWN was an ill-founded idea to begin with. The rules were never intended to be used for a situation where there is only one player character.

Deleted member 7219

I'm surprised with Volourn, actually. I thought his stance on NWN2/MotB was 'meh'.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Neverwinter Nights 2 sucks because I never bothered to learn how wizard/cleric spell casting works!

Never said it sucks because of that, I actually asked if it was my wrongdoing or a problem with the game.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
FeelTheRads said:
Jim Cojones said:
Your character is a sorcerer, isn't he? Sand is a wizard and Zhjaeve is a cleric (this one I'm not sure). Now what's the difference between sorcerer and wizard class in D'n'D?

Umm... one has to choose what spells to memorize and the other has all of them memorized? One uses Intelligence the other Charisma?

What's that got to do with what I asked? The only requirement for Maximize Spell is to be able to cast 3rd level spells, for example.
Well, if it didn't have anything with your question, I wouldn't be able to guess your PC's class. Why does it matter? I believe Kaiserin has just explained this. Now be a good boy and say: "Thank you, Kaiserin for not laughing at me and helping me instead."

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I admit my mistake. Although she would've entitled to laugh at me since she knew what she was talking about as opposed to "U DON'T HAEV TEH FEATS EMPTAY TEH OVERID FODLER!" Crispy there.

"Thank you, Kaiserin for not laughing at me and helping me instead."

Major_Boobage

Scholar
FeelTheRads said:
Yeah, I admit my mistake. Although she would've entitled to laugh at me since she knew was she was talking about as opposed to "U DON'T HAEV TEH FEATS EMPTAY TEH OVERID FODLER!" Crispy there.

"Thank you, Kaiserin for not laughing at me and helping me instead."

roflcopter.gif

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

Sorry, insults from one who appreciates Fallout 3 (for what it is no doubt, because there are no issues) don't really have much of an effect.

Vibalist

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

Sorry, insults from one who appreciates Fallout 3 (for what it is no doubt, because there are no issues) don't really have much of an effect.

Fallout 3 is a good game. I can understand why someone would dislike the boring, repetitive pile of shit that's NWN2, but F3 is awesome.

Deleted member 7219

Vibalist said:
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

Fallout 3 is a good game. I can understand why someone would dislike the boring, repetitive pile of shit that's NWN2, but F3 is awesome.

I like both, and I don't think it's fair to compare. Fallout 3 is a sandbox game, while NWN2 is more railroaded and story-focused.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Vibalist said:
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

nwn2 isn't more repetitive than F3 to be honest... you just walk around, do fetch and retrieve quests, shoot people or mutants. and nothing ever happens.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I'm surprised with Volourn, actually. I thought his stance on NWN2/MotB was 'meh'."

That's because you are willfully ignorant like the rest of the Codex. I have always stated NWN2 OC was as good as NWN1 OC, and that MOTB was awesome. Dumbnutz.

Vibalist

Arcane
idonthavetimeforthiscrap said:
Vibalist said:
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

nwn2 isn't more repetitive than F3 to be honest... you just walk around, do fetch and retrieve quests, shoot people or mutants. and nothing ever happens.

Bullshit. This is exactly what people who've never played the game assumes. Fallout 3 is very athmospheric and has tons of stuff to offer, just like the two first games. I had tremendous fun playing it, until a bug messed everything up.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Vibalist said:
Vibalist said:
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

Bullshit. This is exactly what people who've never played the game assumes. Fallout 3 is very athmospheric and has tons of stuff to offer, just like the two first games. I had tremendous fun playing it, until a bug messed everything up.

except for the fact that i do have played it.
one and a half time

the first time, it was fun to explore, find new locations, complete the quests, but after a while it got boring and repetitive, new locations didn't mean anything new, being good or evil didn't really change anything except for your henchmen, but they just shoot stuff anyway, it has not "tons of stuff to offer" cause all you do is meaningless quests which end up with nothing, it's not atmospheric cause you don't feel any difference among the various towns etc etc, but hey, if you like bland stuff, suit yourself.

p.s.
didn't go through a second playthrough cause it's BORING

Vibalist

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Vibalist said:
FeelTheRads said:
Crispy said:
Ergo, idiot.

except for the fact that i do have played it.
one and a half time

the first time, it was fun to explore, find new locations, complete the quests, but after a while it got boring and repetitive, new locations didn't mean anything new, being good or evil didn't really change anything except for your henchmen, but they just shoot stuff anyway, it has not "tons of stuff to offer" cause all you do is meaningless quests which end up with nothing, it's not atmospheric cause you don't feel any difference among the various towns etc etc, but hey, if you like bland stuff, suit yourself.

p.s.
didn't go through a second playthrough cause it's BORING

I disagree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom