Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So the Source SDK is in the free TF2...

deuxhero

Arcane
That seems like some good multiplayer mods are open.

What mods would be good to get people together for?

I only played Goldeneye Source and Eternal Silence. Both are more or less dead at last check though.

Destroid

Arcane
All the mods are dead in my country. Everyone plays CoDBLOPS or TF2 or CS, fucking terrible. Dystopia is a great mod, Insurgency is very nice too. The Hidden would be good for small groups of players, less than 10.

Misterhamper

Scholar
SourceForts was by far the most fun multiplayer game I have tried. Don't know if still alive though.

SoupNazi

I used to play The Hidden with a bunch of friends and it can be great fun, esp. if people are on mic (and scream like little girls when they get ambushed).

Insurgency still has around 10 or so very active servers so it can still be played and is definitely worth it. The good thing is that the few active servers have very little dumbfucks.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Pirates, Vikings and Knights is pretty decent mod.

4m3rica

Educated
Insurgency rocks!!! The eGO servers are what I play on. The maps are awesome too, there are some chokepoints that only a good group/team can break through. Usually the team with a bunch of "Rambos" (a la CoD) gets ran over by the more team-oriented one. I think it's comparable to Battlefied: Bad Company 2, but way better. If they ever release a PC-Only title like it, I would definitely buy it.

Destroid

Arcane
Oh yeah I forgot ZPS, thats a sweet mod too, especially the objective maps can be very difficult and tense once you have lost a few humans.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hidden: Source is definitely the best one in my opinion. One player is invisible creature with a knife and the rest of the players are SWAT team. Think like SWAT versus predator, except it's actually very easy to kill that player with a few (or even one) shots... if you're careful enough to see him and fast enough to react. And that's a hard part. Most of the time it's the Hidden that wins.

Deakul

Augur
NoAvatar5digitNewfag said:
Neotokyo Source. Best mod for Source, unfortunately not many players nowadays.

Haha, yeah fucking right.
Effectively objectiveless, terrible shooting mechanics, and extremely unbalanced classes.

The maps are about the only nice things.

Destroid

Arcane
Deakul said:
NoAvatar5digitNewfag said:
Neotokyo Source. Best mod for Source, unfortunately not many players nowadays.

Haha, yeah fucking right.
Effectively objectiveless, terrible shooting mechanics, and extremely unbalanced classes.

The maps are about the only nice things.

Ehhh it's ok. It's most akin to a scifi CSS. Dystopia is the much better cyberpunk themed mod.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Zombie Master was the shit back in the day (when there were still people playing it). One of the players was picked to be the ZM and controlled his legions of AI undead with an RTS interface. Usually half of the living barricaded the safehouse and the other half went out to complete the objectives (read: get terribly raped by swarms of living dead). Had some great times with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom