Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

eklektyk

Erudite
what one has seen one cannot unseen .... poor me :(

so far i only suspected but now i was basked in full light of truth and justice

thers no goin back

roll-a-die

Magister
WN7 places too much emphasis on Kill rate and damage, rather than things like playing to the objective of the map. It's very easy to cheese, and very easy to stat pad, the same is true for WN8. Get to a higher tier tank, then wait until an enemy is oneshotable, pop it. Get into a lower tier tank and go seal clubbing. KV-2 are good for this. As is the tier 3 american tank destroyer. Play 1000 matches in tanks like those, and you'll get a really good WN7. The KV-2 is actually better, but harder than the T18 to stat pad with.

Most players play heavy or medium tanks, not tank destroyers, or other high damage per match tanks. So their stats in WN7 suffer. A lot of players who are higher stated, are higher statted because they are dumb and play low tier games with easy tanks so when they get into a tier 8-10 game they fail hard. I'm not scared of Unicum rated WN players, in my experience, as a member of the ketchup tier, I've gone one on one with them and wrecked their shit 8 out of 10 times. I've seen something like 2 unicum players I'm scared.

I'm more scared of someone with a 70% accuracy rating than I am of someone with a 2k WN7.

eklektyk

Erudite
u start battle
u see on u team 2 yellows and rest is red with 4x% [mostly lower part]
u see on enemy team 5 greens and 1 uni
u check winchance - yep - it is below 40

u start playing normaly hoping against reason that this one can be averted but dumbfucks start to shoot themselves on base circle and u can even spot around 5 obvious bots/afkers ....

sure this one will be pleasant game ...

few of those in a row and im starting to look for a razor.

roll-a-die

Magister
u start battle
u see on u team 2 yellows and rest is red with 4x% [mostly lower part]
u see on enemy team 5 greens and 1 uni
u check winchance - yep - it is below 40

u start playing normaly hoping against reason that this one can be averted but dumbfucks start to shoot themselves on base circle and u can even spot around 5 obvious bots/afkers ....

sure this one will be pleasant game ...

few of those in a row and im starting to look for a razor.
It must be very different on the EU servers. Because US tends to be a bit less, dumb.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Oh EU are full of tomatoes. It is half bad when there are tomatoes on both sides so you can at least watch the clusterfuck and maybe try to infliuence the game but when you have tomatoes and the enemy has a platoon of KV1S and some green arty then you now it will be a slaughter.

Destroid

Arcane
Play a game that let's you take personal responsibility for your win or loss if you don't like it.

eklektyk

Erudite
i already had few "breaks" from wot when amount of bullshit games their retarded mm thrown at me was too much to handle [longest was like 3 months and i returned for that is6thingie]
curently looking for smth to play beside it but had no luck [pandora wanabecivclone had some shitty trouble with rendering everything - i could only see menus so gave it a pass ...]

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Take up DotA/LoL instead Eklektyk. That'll help you relax when it feels like teammates drag you down in WoT :troll:

eklektyk

Erudite
...downloaded neff patch
...logged in
...laggggggggggggggggggggggggggg [teleporting bs everywhere and miracles on hittin anything abundant]
i fucking absolutely looooove patch day and scroodge MC WG dumbasses

/quit

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, the bullshit WG does with regard to the servers is beyond even the most incompetent morons. Both EU clusters are hitting over 100k people online on a daily basis and when that happens, lag is there to make your gaming just a tad bit more infuriating. And on the patch days? Jesus, shit gets worse because WG uses the same resources to distribute the hundreds of Mb patches to hundred of thousands of players as it uses to run the game servers.

And boy, don't get me started on the patching process itself. Downloading the crap is not even half the battle, the installation process is the real pain, it sucks all the available resources as an Ukrainian whore sucks a dick for 10$ and all you can do is watch the show in disgust.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ugh, the game seems shittier than before after the patch.

Dunno if it is just the lag, but even fixing the FOV didn't make it feel as snappy as it did. And with the new effects, I cant see the fuck I am shooting most of the time. Makes aiming for weak spots real fun.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Haven't played since the new patch - though I have heard of new ghost arty shells exploding in mid-air.

eklektyk

Erudite
they allegedly "fixed" that few patches back ... it looked "cool" :)

still need to check if laggs are bearable and shitty disco red lamp lets me play .... meh gotta books to read first

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
they allegedly "fixed" that few patches back ... it looked "cool" :)

still need to check if laggs are bearable and shitty disco red lamp lets me play .... meh gotta books to read first

It comes and goes. Ever since the patch came out sometimes it runs smooth as silk and sometimes it's rage-inducingly unplayable.

eklektyk

Erudite
i can play with lag but packet loss is gamebreaking for me :( until those mofos pay more for better conection to their farm its bad ...real bad and unenjoyable :(

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
i can play with lag but packet loss is gamebreaking for me :( until those mofos pay more for better conection to their farm its bad ...real bad and unenjoyable :(

I hear you bro, I've lost track of the number of times one minute I'm behind cover and a moment later I've teleported right into the middle of no man's land.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's still like that. Fortunately M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo does not give a fuck about your puny shells.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game. I hate this fucking shitty game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom