Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Trailer

WalterKinde

Scholar
I remember when Sonic had a simple storyline.
Stop the evil techno-driven doctor robotnik from enslaving your animal friends to work in his robot processing plants as slaves in side scroller goodness.
The last good sonic game in the side scroller world was Sonic 3 and the last good sonic 3d game was sonic heros.
They have murdered the franchise should have stuck to what made it great and just let it die after Sonic Heros.

Fez

Erudite
I think the game is aimed at young children.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
I'm more intrested Alpha protocal than Sonic: dark brotherhood, though I would like to see some gameplay of the Sonic RPG in action. I found the trailer to be very cheesy, and not in the good way.

Deleted member 7219

Why the fuck is he called Eggman anyway?

Back in the day when I played Sonic on my brother's old Mega Drive, it was always Dr. Robotnik.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, at least it's better than the Shadow the Hedgehog trailer.

Not by much, though.

Zomg

Arbiter
I can't listen to both movie trailer guy and cheesy dramatic music for long enough to see anything.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
The Mario RPG:s were refreshing because they had sense of humour instead of disgusting teen romance and angst, but I don't know how this'll turn out.

More than a decade has passed and we will still have our kids arguing about who beats who, Sonic or Mario, only now it's a RPG instead of a sidescroller. These japanese people sure know how to perpetuate conflict between generations.

Lemunde

Scholar
I have too much time on my hands...

SonicDarkBrotherhoodsmall.jpg

racofer

Thread Incliner
^^ this picture is too dark and lacks immershun. Also sonic has not enough shaders nor facial customization on it

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
But haven't we seen a screenshot of this furcrap that shows more dialogue than all screens of F3 combined?

Texas Red

Whiner
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom