Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

Iucounu

Educated
Are the enemy NPCs dumbed down? Seems they can't hit anything.
Checked the Red Forest again on my PC, and the enemies can barely hit anything there either, but when they do hit you it's sometimes instant death. On the CNPP level in the video the player's armor is down to zero, and he still barely takes damage from hits.

I found the amount of stuff these monolith goons had on them startling, but maybe I'm misremembering the base game. He's finding up to dozens of bullets for each carried type of round on these dead guys, rather than the more typical 2-9 range I remember.
Yeah in the video he sometimes finds 30-40 rounds, when I played on my PC it was less than a dozen.

Zlaja

Arcane
Are the enemy NPCs dumbed down? Seems they can't hit anything.

Well, the timestamped footage did look a bit weird, but I literally played this EXACT section yesterday evening, and I didn't notice anything weird. I died numerous times to those ambushes little later on, during this mission. Shredded me good from a distance. Playing on Veteran.

Yeah in the video he sometimes finds 30-40 rounds, when I played on my PC it was less than a dozen

Doesn't difficulty alter how much loot you find? I'm playing this new version and I'm not finding that much. 20 max (5.45 mm & 5.56 mm).

Iucounu

Educated
Maybe he's simply edited out every time he got killed. Now I remember another console Youtuber playing the Aghroprom level, and he got killed just as often as on PC in the Military base.

Doesn't difficulty alter how much loot you find? I'm playing this new version and I'm not finding that much. 20 max (5.45 mm & 5.56 mm).
No idea.

Zlaja

Arcane
It does according to this:

FIEVjZe.png

jaekl

Educated
Patron
On the console version I was having trouble killing a single bandit mook with all the ammo you start with, then I installed the pc version and suddenly I was the deadliest man in Ukraine. I easily murdered the bandits with headshots while running around like a maniac and then bee lined to the military goons under the bridge and killed them all with the starting pistol. Once I had their AK47s, the game was then basically Call of Duty, sprinting from one massacre to the next. This is after not playing a shooter on pc for at least 5 years.

So, there's really nothing they could add to the console version that could even approach the easy mode that is the mouse except maybe invincibility or if you just press START to win the game.

On the console version I was having trouble killing a single bandit mook with all the ammo you start with, then I installed the pc version and suddenly I was the deadliest man in Ukraine. I easily murdered the bandits with headshots while running around like a maniac and then bee lined to the military goons under the bridge and killed them all with the starting pistol. Once I had their AK47s, the game was then basically Call of Duty, sprinting from one massacre to the next. This is after not playing a shooter on pc for at least 5 years.

So, there's really nothing they could add to the console version that could even approach the easy mode that is the mouse except maybe invincibility or if you just press START to win the game.
You could be warped straight to the end, so you at least did something.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is Anomaly going to be the new Brutal Doom? Kids come out of the wood work to tell us we're playing the game we enjoy wrong because it's not modded into something ugly and annoying?
Has been for many years... god I hate tacticoomers.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is Anomaly going to be the new Brutal Doom? Kids come out of the wood work to tell us we're playing the game we enjoy wrong because it's not modded into something ugly and annoying?
You mean devs using big popular mod as inspiration for the next game? So far no info confirms that including gameplays.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I am playing the console version of SoC too atm (yeah yeah I know) and damn this shit is hard. I don't remember ever having any problem whatsoever on PC when I played it. I basically had an hour long shootout in the Dead Valleys Bandit hideout (that fuckhueg building), had to scrounge for ammo and using my ressources whenever needed. It's quite fun even. Though I noticed it makes zero fucking difference what difficulty I am choosing. Firefights feel the same.

Maybe I shouldn't try going for headshots all the time like I did on PC.

Anyway I only bought it because I've never played Clear Sky and thought that might be a good opporturnity to remedy that. I only know about a meme were an MG nest destroys new players, looking forward to that!

Hell Swarm

Educated
I am playing the console version of SoC too atm (yeah yeah I know) and damn this shit is hard. I don't remember ever having any problem whatsoever on PC when I played it. I basically had an hour long shootout in the Dead Valleys Bandit hideout (that fuckhueg building), had to scrounge for ammo and using my ressources whenever needed. It's quite fun even. Though I noticed it makes zero fucking difference what difficulty I am choosing. Firefights feel the same.

Anyway I only bought it because I've never played Clear Sky and thought that might be a good opporturnity to remedy that. I only know about a meme were an MG nest destroys new players, looking forward to that!
That's the stalker experience. There's always some where to fuck you up and take an hour of quick saving.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

That's the stalker experience. There's always some where to fuck you up and take an hour of quick saving.

Yup, that's why I love it! I just don't remember having any problems when I played on PC lol.

Zlaja

Arcane
I am playing the console version of SoC too atm (yeah yeah I know) and damn this shit is hard

Clear Sky is harder. In CS you have to upgrade your weapons before they're good and enemies seem more accurate. They also spam grenades. And bleeding is more deadly. Good luck!

n0denz

Novice
>consoles
Dammit...
I wouldn't care if not for the fact that the console market is a great big tungsten anchor that holds the whole industry back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom