Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

Gerrard

Arcane
Why isn't the remaster getting a PC release? Is it that hard to put it on game pass?
For what purpose?

ferratilis

Magister
but I have standards
What standards? You mean like this:
starfield-bug-5839.jpg

You clearly haven't played many Western releases in the last, let's say, DECADE.

Standards, he says. Lol.

Zlaja

Arcane
differences between Steam and XbawX
No quicksave?? That's a dealbreaker.

You can save manually whenever you want. Just no dedicated quicksave button.

Anyway, since I do own a PS4 and was curious about this version, I took the plunge and dived into SOC. After 7-8 h of playtime on Veteran difficulty I've died like....150 times and the game has crashed 5-6 times. So, yep, this is the authentic STALKER experience.

I haven't noticed any obvious dumbing down. Your max carry is still 50kg and you can't run more than a few seconds when you go over 50kg. Also, you still run around with only a peashooter in early game.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
They removed Russian language because war (doesn't matter that lots of uruk-hai are still Russian speakers) but the irony is that the Russian is the original language of the game. Design docs, builds, original text and sound were all in Russian. Other languages including uruk-hai one were added later

Silva

Arcane
The only good STALKER game was Call of Pripyat, which itself is far superceded by the excellent Anomaly. At this point the vanilla games cannot compete.
Agree CoP with Anomaly (or your prefered mod) is unmatched but the original SoC (also with mods, like Autumn Aurora) is nice.

That said yeah, vanilla versions are ugly, shitty bug fests and I don't see the point in releasing them without mod support.

Iucounu

Educated
Seems Agroprom is spelled "Ahroprom" now. Could be useful on forums to tell the original Stalker trilogy players from the upcoming console and Stalker 2 demographic. :obviously:

Iucounu

Educated
Seems Agroprom is spelled "Ahroprom" now. Could be useful on forums to tell the original Stalker trilogy players from the upcoming console and Stalker 2 demographic. :obviously:
The save files still use the Agroprom spelling.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I can confirm that stalker is definitely not an enjoyable game to play with a controller and no quicksave button, especially since you don't have your nose up against the screen like you do on a computer.

GamerCat_

Educated
Are the enemy NPCs dumbed down? Seems they can't hit anything.

I found the amount of stuff these monolith goons had on them startling, but maybe I'm misremembering the base game. He's finding up to dozens of bullets for each carried type of round on these dead guys, rather than the more typical 2-9 range I remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom