Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Sunrider: First Arrival, free on steam [Domo arigato, Mr Gabato]

Lucky

Arcane
Is the combat still fun? The reviews I've read say that it is only about 4 hours long and really linear. What gameplay there is had better be great to justify that price tag.

Thank God. Now we just need an update to this masterpiece:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321060/

How does that thing have a positive rating?

EDIT: Oh hey, the fanbase is flipping out. Apparently, the game has a
Neverwinter Nights 2 style ending. Developer is doing damage control and giving assurances about a sequel.

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Sigh, this is what I feared the most, it's linear.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm afraid this is too much alike to the current problems facing South East Asian Muslims you see.
They have their own set of culture and adopted Muslim as religion but they weren't satisfied with that and decided to ape the religion's country of origin to the extend of causing harm in their country of birth.
So basically like Irenaeus, only turning, claiming oneself to be 100% Arab Muslim despite their country being less homogeneous than Saudi Arabia.

And so...Final Liberation.
I raised my eye-brow at the new Japanese theme song. Again? Why? Whatever it's always seem odd to me. Then came the realization that all the VA is in Japanese now.
I guess it justifies the price tag. But I just don't feel I needed all those 'upgrades'.

it is only about 4 hours long and really linear

:lol: Sigh. All those delays and that's all they can give.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Some of these Wapanese voice actors are p. high rate. Guess that's where all the money went.

Asaga Di Ryuvia
Voiced by Sakura Matsuri

Main character Ava Crescentia
Voiced by Kisumi Aoi

Main character Chigara Ashada
Voiced by Yomogi Kasumi

Main character Claude Triello
Voiced by Murasaki Nina

Main character Icari Isadolde
Voiced by Haruna Ren

Main character Kryska Stares
Voiced by Yumeno Usagi

Main character Sola Di Ryuvia
Voiced by Nakase Hina

Side character Cosette Cosmos
Voiced by Hayase Yayoi

Side character Harold Grey
Voiced by Koshi Yukimitsu

Side character Veniczar B. Fontana
Voiced by Ooshita Kouta

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
That's interesting, I though the voice actors usually kept anon when they worked on H games.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Funny to see ppl drawing parallels with Xenosaga II.

sKM3d5W.png

:avatard::positive:

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
"It's only tradition that each season ends with a huge cliffhanger"

I got a feeling this guy's writing is so shit because he doesn't watch a lot of the source material he's supposed to be emulating or haven't heard of basic concepts like self-contained endings that has sequel hooks.

RK47

Patron
So? What the fuck does it actually mean? They released a game with 'cut content' and then after a lot of complaints, decided to call it a 'Free Update'?
Fantastic, wake me up when the game's done.

Lucky

Arcane
You mean this update, right?

V2.00 Now Available
We've worked very hard the past six days to improve the game, and are now ready to provide V2.00 to our fans.

Everyone at Love in Space is grateful for the huge amount of support people have given us these past days. Even though some people told us that the update is not worth doing, I 100% think we owe the fans and the game more content. We're blown away by the amount of people who care about the universe and characters in the world of Sunrider. It's people like you guys who keep us working on our games.

In the end, we're just a bunch of people who watch too much anime who accidentally ended up making games for a living. We just want our games to just be entertaining for fans just like they are entertaining for us.

V2.00 DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
1. Right click on game on your Steam Library
2. Select properties
3. Select "beta" tab
4. Opt into beta 2.0
5. Download should begin

WARNING: Due to major changes made to the game, V1.00 save files are incompatible with V2.00!

New content:
-New scenes after the original ending
-Ship map restored
-Galaxy map restored
-Battle voices from MoA can now be turned on

Common questions we've received the past few days:
1. Will you change the content already made for the game so there is not a forced romance arc?:
We decided to focus on adding new content after the ending instead of in the middle of the game. Many people didn't like the forced romance. We thought we could best rectify this by accelerating our plans and making content for the planned fourth installment and adding it into Liberation Day. There was never any plans to permanently force a romance for good at any stage of production, and we always intended to give players a choice as to whom to pursue. We hope this is more apparent now that some of the content from the fourth part is in Liberation Day.

Further, because of calls for additional story content, we tried our best to add extra content rather than revising already existing content.

2. Was content cut to afford the JP voices?
We hear this a lot for some reason. The JP voices actually only took a few days to put into the game and was actually decided as an add on after the script was written. Nothing was cut after we decided to add JP voices, in fact, we didn't really think much of it and kept adding more to the story after we decided to buy voices. Overall, it only took about a week to voice the entire game, so none of us really thought of it as a big deal.

A lot of our resources were actually expended on attempting to get the battles running on renpy. It was far more challenging than expected. I kind of regret spending so much time on this since I could have used the time to write more story, especially because it seems like a lot of people ended up skipping the battles all together on just waifu mode and blazing through the game in half the time I expected. But I guess it's too late now. I thought most of our fans played the game for the battles and the story was an addon, and it wasn't until after the release that we realized our priorities should have been reversed.

3. Why did you not have the ENG VAs from MoA return? Wouldn't that have been cheaper?
The VAs for MoA are actually spread out across the world. We contracted them out via email and just had them record at home. This caused various production issues because they could not record at a production studio and have a supervising audio engineer. Ultimately it took 3 months to record just the battle voices for MoA, so a full voice over using this method did not seem realistic. Meaning, if we wanted an ENG voice over for Liberation Day, we would have had to almost entirely recast a new ENG voice staff located at a single location near an anime dubbing agency, such as Dallas, Houston, or LA, which we believed would have proved to be a contentious point. We also don't have any contacts inside the US dubbing business so we didn't even know if that was possible, while we have more connections to people who work on Japanese eroges so it was easier overall to get JP voicing for the game.

4. What is next?
We've heard your demand for romance and intend to provide it. We are, of course, an eroge company so yeah, what do you expect. We thought it'd be all right if we had just as much romance as previous installments of Sunrider, but it sounds like people wanted a lot more.

A lot of things will change of course, but we hope we can always make games that anime fans will play.

I'm confused why this content was left out at launch if it was polished enough to add to the game (no way that they made it in less than a week). Now their crucial launch ended with bad sales and equally bad ratings and they have to hope that the patches are enough to win back some sales. They might want to consider going for a relaunch with an extensive enhanced edition instead.

Also, pertinent information for the next installment:

A lot of our resources were actually expended on attempting to get the battles running on renpy. It was far more challenging than expected. I kind of regret spending so much time on this since I could have used the time to write more story, especially because it seems like a lot of people ended up skipping the battles all together on just waifu mode and blazing through the game in half the time I expected. But I guess it's too late now. I thought most of our fans played the game for the battles and the story was an addon, and it wasn't until after the release that we realized our priorities should have been reversed.

To me, the story was a weakness rather than a strength, so I don't think this is a good idea. Why did they have to expend so much effort on getting the combat to work anyway? My expectation was that there'd be loads more combat now that they'd have a grip on the engine, but it seems that they got worse at handling the engine over time, instead.

Lucky

Arcane
That's true, but they should have had the same problem with the previous games and those took much less time to finish, unless I missed something? It's just weird that it was suddenly such a problem when it doesn't look like the combat is all that different.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That's true, but they should have had the same problem with the previous games and those took much less time to finish, unless I missed something? It's just weird that it was suddenly such a problem when it doesn't look like the combat is all that different.

From the looks of it, the combat section is essentially redone engine wise. They have fixed all of super annoying issues they previously had with combat.

Lucky

Arcane
So you played it? Would you say the game is worth buying for those improvements?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So you played it? Would you say the game is worth buying for those improvements?

Well, depends on how much you were annoyed by the combat animations and UI issues in the previous games. The combat is way, way more enjoyable for me due to the fixes.

Kinda early to judge the quality of the game otherwise, there have been some changes that seem decent enough. And the first two games gave me enough enjoyment to justify dropping some euros on this, even if turns out to be a disappointment.

Also regarding the C&C...

sunrider_choices.jpg

Yeah, they can have some pretty major ramifications.

The odd thing is that the wishall is once again required. So if you've spent it earlier, tough luck. Also wondering how many future uses it will have. This is a very weird way of doing C&C, since you can only use it once. Basically you could be saving the trump card until the very last moment (and if you can keep saving it, theoretically it should have an use until the very end).

The Japanese dialogue is awkward as fuck sometimes.

RK47

Patron
I don't buy opened tissue packets, sorry.

TigerKnee

Arcane
The odd thing is that the wishall is once again required. So if you've spent it earlier, tough luck.
Supposedly you can save her without using the Wishall - there are 2 flags out of 3 that you have to trigger although 1 of the flags don't appear if you create an entirely new game instead of importing.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Completed the game.

I have to be some sort of a retard or then the fights are not quite balanced for higher difficulties. Well, this time around at least you have a few more strategies you can employ. #1 strategy being to arrange all enemy cruisers and carriers in a straight line for the perfect vanguard cannon. Vanguard cannon is even more OP now, which is totally fine. My record was 20 kills with one shot.

It is a real shame that all the weaboo storyfags have been bombing with the reviews. The game isn't that long, but most of the reviewers have skipped all the combat. Wouldn't be surprised if the next game is a complete dating sim, seeing how most of those retards expect it as such.

Somebody wanna steal the concept but make it a proper space opera with just a little bit more complex and diverse systems? Plx?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
WTF...

Love in Space is excited to announce Sunrider Liberation Day: [RE]turn, the FREE DLC story expansion to Sunrider Liberation Day.

Kayto Shields returns for his next adventure in the Sunrider universe. Experience the story of Liberation Day in a completely different way when Shields wakes up 72 hours before the ending of Liberation Day, somehow fully aware of who will betray him… and finds that he must stop another Kayto Shields from repeating history.

But under what mysterious circumstances was he sent back to the past? Will he be able to race against time and change the bleak future? Or is history doomed to repeat itself?

FEATURES
  • The DLC adds the [RE]turn afterstory arc after you have completed the main story of Liberation Day
  • Take control of Kayto Shields in this desperate race against time, where every decision means the difference between life and death
  • Build your relationship with Asaga, Ava, Claude, Icari, or Sola to change history.
  • Multi-route, highly replayable scenario with multiple endings
  • Story only addon, double the length as the Liberation Day story script
  • Thrilling suspense story where death is always around the corner

The long awaited story expansion to Liberation Day has now been added to the game! The new story has approximately three times as many words as the story in the main game, and is roughly the size of all the Sunrider games' scripts except Academy put together.

I just don't even.

TigerKnee

Arcane
This guy just jams whatever he likes into his plot, doesn't he? I sure never heard that concept before

nIgFMRG.jpg

The new story has approximately three times as many words as the story in the main game
Must have painted it red

WTF...

Love in Space is excited to announce Sunrider Liberation Day: [RE]turn, the FREE DLC story expansion to Sunrider Liberation Day.

Kayto Shields returns for his next adventure in the Sunrider universe. Experience the story of Liberation Day in a completely different way when Shields wakes up 72 hours before the ending of Liberation Day, somehow fully aware of who will betray him… and finds that he must stop another Kayto Shields from repeating history.

But under what mysterious circumstances was he sent back to the past? Will he be able to race against time and change the bleak future? Or is history doomed to repeat itself?

FEATURES
  • The DLC adds the [RE]turn afterstory arc after you have completed the main story of Liberation Day
  • Take control of Kayto Shields in this desperate race against time, where every decision means the difference between life and death
  • Build your relationship with Asaga, Ava, Claude, Icari, or Sola to change history.
  • Multi-route, highly replayable scenario with multiple endings
  • Story only addon, double the length as the Liberation Day story script
  • Thrilling suspense story where death is always around the corner

The long awaited story expansion to Liberation Day has now been added to the game! The new story has approximately three times as many words as the story in the main game, and is roughly the size of all the Sunrider games' scripts except Academy put together.

I just don't even.

RK47 need lp like pig need mud lah

RK47

Patron
:lol: No thx.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom