Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well, I got it. And it's a great game. I didn't like the original back when I played it because I was on a not-as-good-as-Total-Annihilation-by-the-way-guys-I-played-Total-Annihilation-when-it-first-came-out-1337 snob spaz but I've changed my mind, especially with the improvements in the expansion. It's a really good game, fun, sometimes it can get bogged down when shield walls and turret farms start going up, though.

I honestly can't beat the first expansion mission, I've tried three times now. I get to the third section and get steamrolled. I think it's because I play the game wrong. Instead of spamming experimental units and siege bots I build big armies of level 1 and 2 units and navies. The navies in this game are just great fun. Naval combat itself is a bit meh sometimes. But it's hilarious to watch 3 battleships blowing the shit out of everything.

I will admit I'm not very good at the game, I have trouble managing my economy. I have a tendency to want to get units out fast so I build a bunch of engineer drones and have them assist my shipyards and factories, even though I know that it would probably be a better idea to build more shipyards and factories instead and just go with the natural build times unless I need to rush out some counter units real quick.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I love the napalm effects, too. It doesn't look nearly as good in a screenshot, it's the animation really that makes it look so good
Snap6.jpg

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
JESUS the campaign missions are fucking obnoxious. I always eventually push on and win, then the map expands and I get hit with a billion units while annihilate me because I'm stretched across a billion miles of terrain and my units can't get back to defend in time. This is one of those games where you have to know what's coming so you can prepare for it.

Multi-headed Cow

Get Sorian AI and play with friends cooperatively against the AI.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Already got it. None of my friends will get Forged Alliance, though one has Supreme Commander.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom