Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Swing your partner and face the sides... as we square dance around in Legend of Grimrock

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
A great game, but a few points would have to be taken off for the final boss. [Spolilers] Dozens of pointless critters block your escape path from the boss plus trap doors to randomly fall into = loads of reloads until you randomly get a series of critter-free, trap door free, squares to run to. Almost ragequit and uninstalled 40 seconds before the epilogue. Pity that that's the last memory you have of the game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
"DU is 16" is more amusing than "DU is ~20 or >, +/- 5 years"
Your math is still wrong - unless you genuinely believe it's possible to play Ultima Underworld when you're less than 1 years old.

:baby:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's been a while since I've played this (still need to finish too :oops: ), and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall than the game remembers last spell combination used and You can easily re-cast it with one click.
Unless they've updated it, no, no it doesn't.
You're right. I misremembered. The only 'convenience' spellcasting-wise I have found was marking the runes for a spell and then hitting 'X'. This way the runes were still marked next time I wanted to cast a spell (so it could be cast instantly).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wait what, is that in the manual somewhere that I missed MicoSelva? 'cause that would be pretty fucking handy.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Watchwitz said:
That review is dildos.

The level design is the best part of this game. Pretty much every great game it's paying homage to had maze-like corridors that ended in dead ends and puzzles strewn throughout. Thats how these games are designed, it's SUPPOSED to be a maze. Idiot reviewer…

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Good review!

I liked the level design and the atmosphere, but the character and combat systems need some major overhaul.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Good review for a good game.

Combat is not near as sidestepping around your enemy if you choose medium difficulty.

Btw guys, have there been any patches for the game, and if so what did they fix? Are the patches available for the gog version if you already bought it from there on day 1?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nice review, although I'm sometimes wondering which RPGs DU did actually play... ;)
Btw. Grimrock is 50 % off right now on GOG. For 7,49 $ it's a steal.

Micmu

Magister
Btw guys, have there been any patches for the game, and if so what did they fix? Are the patches available for the gog version if you already bought it from there on day 1?
Yes, versions are being updated on GoG. You must re-download whole installer .exe (or at least I didn't notice any incremental patches).

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Found it odd that the reviewer (who has never played this classic type of game????) criticized the game for the boringness of door-exploiting while choosing to door-exploit.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Found it odd that the reviewer (who has never played this classic type of game????) criticized the game for the boringness of door-exploiting while choosing to door-exploit.
The combat itself is not good enough for you to take it seriously, there is no tactic, either the foe is weak enough for you to kill it head on or you must do retarded exploits to win. Why bother luring the dinossaurs to a open place just to dance around then if you can exploit doors and be done with it? It's not like all that dancing around is great gameplay/fun anyway...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom