Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Considering you start the game with 0 memories of anything game giving you a TN alignment automatically was fitting.
Everyone's born with zero memories yet for some reason some races are inherently evil (including some incarnations of TNO).

Are you talking real world or just D&D?

jimmy_pvish

Savant
Do we need to talk about alignment in here?

Last time this topic mention in P&P board, it reach 100+ pages

It's just need a little push like "what is batman alignment?"
Wait.... No!! what have I done!!

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Chaotic evil

batman-bomb-run-o.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane
So today is the day. We either finally find out(prove) this game is crap or it is something to be excited about.

Alchemist

Arcane
So, this twitch stream basically was just so they could play a short pre-recorded gameplay video (about 10 minutes). And that was it. Way to utilize the medium guys. :?
DM mode will be shown off next week apparently.

Some cringe-worthy voice acting (especially the nasally-voiced wizard).
Gameplay is pretty much what I expected - no big surprises.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Someone should tell these guys that EDT and EST are not the same thing :obviously:

Gary Indiana

Cipher
That's got to rank right up there with the worst Scottish accents I've ever heard. It's insane.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Random poster from their forums:

Why are you guys complaining about the cool downs? Its something that's need to keep people from spamming abilities helps to keep a balance.

Made me laugh.

I wonder when we will hear about the community Q&A 2, it's already been a while.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I will not say this game is dead to me but this is not D&D. No resting, autohealing and all abilities on cooldowns :(
And even worse the game played itself. The guy controls one guy, does not pause except at start of combat and the other 3 characters kept using their abilities and switching targets and all.
The longsword +2 and ring of regeneration on low level characters also does not bode well. The combat was basically some MMO action shit. I think even DAO had better combat. If this is how release will look no way in hell I am buying this game. I might pirate it to play it once if at least story will be decent.
I am so sad now after this stream :( :(
I was so hoping for a proper D&D game, and this one is not that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiZGWeGxVI - gameplay video they played on stream.

getter77

Augur
Early April for the community update that might actually get more concrete info out there? Really? Sigh...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I bet the game even has no death system but when characters fall down they get up after the battle.
I also wonder how hard it is, from the video it is so easy anyone can play it.

imweasel

Combat looks like a mix of Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age: Origins, BG/D&D style combat with DA:O cooldowns and an autocasting system (which you can probably turn off or customize I guess). It actually looks pretty good IMO. Autohealing is shit though. Same with the fucking shitty console inventory.

The combat is also a lot more fluid than in the PoE beta I played a few months ago.

I will not say this game is dead to me but this is not D&D. No resting, autohealing and all abilities on cooldowns :(
Hey, look at the bright side, the game has combat XP! hue hue hue

ArchAngel

Arcane
There was nothing Baldur's Gatey from that video.

Also all abilities were so fast and characters switched to next ability also very fast. The whole experience was truly of some action game that played itself. I don't understand if devs really feel the game will appeal to many people in this state.

I was less cool than DAO and less tactical and D&D like than NWN. Baldur's Gate should not even be mentioned, it only shares names of classes and races with BG.

imweasel

Select all -> whack the shit out of zombie ogre is very Baldur's Gatey actually. :lol:

Combat seems to have less depth than BG, could also just be a low level party though. It is also faster paced.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll play it. I don't give a shit, I'll play anything D&D at this point. It can't possibly be worse than the original dragon age.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll play it. I don't give a shit, I'll play anything D&D at this point. It can't possibly be worse than the original dragon age.
DA:O wasn't that bad when modded, personally I enjoyed it quite a bit. This will most def be worse, I think.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Select all -> whack the shit out of zombie ogre is very Baldur's Gatey actually. :lol:

Combat seems to have less depth than BG, could also just be a low level party though. It is also faster paced.
Except he didn't do that. He paused, cast fireball at all zombies, then clicked on cleric and told the cleric to move to the side. After that he just let the game play itself and battle ended very soon after. That is not Baldur's gate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom