Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Swords and Sorcery - Underworld: Definitive Edition

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Underworld Gold just greenlit. I haven't decided what to do yet. Publish as is or wait for the engine upgrade (Underworld will be given quite a few of Sovereign's enhancements).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93144364

Thanks to all that supported! :)

Fuck yeah! I'll have to get it again then for the 'achievements'! ;)

Also Charles has been taking so long because he's been waiting for the 75% tax for high earners to be repealed in France. Now that that's happening, you'll see 12 M&M style games from him each year!

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Good to know you're still on it. It didn't run on 2 netbooks but I guess my latest desktop shouldn't make problems.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Thanks VD and Davaris. Morkar, performance shouldn't be a problem with the upgrade. I'll release ASAP to get it out of the way & focus on Sovereign.

Happy New Year to all :)

Morkar Left

Thanks VD and Davaris. Morkar, performance shouldn't be a problem with the upgrade. I'll release ASAP to get it out of the way & focus on Sovereign.

Happy New Year to all :)

It wasn't the performance. More a problem with the integrated graphic cards or resolution.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Hi Morkar - Yes I remember now. Well the engine is entirely rebuilt with a different tech so hopefully that problem will be solved. Asset placement on the screen is no longer done with fixed number of pixels but percentage of screen height & width. I can't be sure unless I get my hands on one to test it though.

kain611

Augur
Charles, if we buy the gold version from Older Bytes will we get a Steam Key once its launched there? I'm assuming your profit margin would be better from Older Bytes?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Charles, if we buy the gold version from Older Bytes will we get a Steam Key once its launched there? I'm assuming your profit margin would be better from Older Bytes?

I haven't given that much thought yet. It depends how I price the new release. Keep in mind the current version is quite different than the one that is coming and that saves will not be compatible.

It's nice of you to ask though, thanks!

Edit: oops didn't answer the question - yes, I'll try to set something up so that people that want the upgrade on Steam get a key. And for those wondering all upgrades have been free to buyers of previous versions until now and this one will as well. Hopefully I can find a way to distribute the keys that won't bog me down for too long.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would suggest releasing the upgraded version, because graphics do matter when it comes to sales. Your call tho'.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Graphics wise nothing changes really. It's more about mechanics and layout. Also the rebuild theoretically allows for a Mac and tablets version but something tells me I'm not out of the woods with those.

kain611

Augur
Excellent well I just purchased the current version so hopefully Steam keys will be available at a later date once the new version drops. Keep up the good work.

Absalom

It's a Chinese man saluting a guy he just pushed off a bridge. (Said man was suicide-teasing for hours, making traffic intolerable.)

AKA Absolutely glorious.

Modron

Arcane
[you do know what that smiley is] Um... Whatever you make of it? No actually I have no idea :p

It's a guy that was saluting a crowd of onlookers right before he killed himself. Just FYI ;)

Nah that guy is a hero, some dude was threatening to kill himself on a bridge or something and that guy got tired of all that noise climbed up and threw him off onto one of those giant inflatable mats rescuers had set up below, IIRC.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Um... you do know what that smiley is Charles-cgr ?

French cannot into irony...they are more about black and white shot films in cafes with beautiful people staring blankly, speaking outrageosly complex dialogue on the nature of metaphysical existence and acting all serious about it.

Every Marxist hates Phrench philosophy, its in our DNA. Possibly because the only way to stomach it is dilettantism and open philistinism, and commies are the one group in the world for whom that kind of self-indulgence/sentimentality is anathema.

(you're not the last Marxist btw, but I am the last Russian nihilist)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom