Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

kaizoku

Arcane
Wrong video to use in OP.

Your KS should be the one to post since it best describes the gameplay.
I got convinced by it.

20+ hours of gameplay
1.5GB of art at full 1080P
75 original music compositions
700 unique encounters
6 unique kingdoms with 42 villages, castles and cities to visit
6 geographic environments
Tons of monsters, shops, equipment, spells and melee fighting styles
Equipment changes appearance of sprites and portraits
Different story outcomes based on your decisions and karma
275K words - that's four novels' worth

:salute:

The AI was first developed for the enemies. Technically it would be easy to program the AI to pick a single target, attack till dead and rinse and repeat. It just doesnt make for very intersting combat even though many players will play this way myself included.

I could develop an AI for your party that works more like a human player, concentrating on a single target, starting at lowest HP. If I get a lot of requests for this I could add it as an AI option.

Thanks,
Chad

How about an easy and normal mode? In normal mode enemies do go out and focus on your vital pieces like spellcasters or focus on a single target?

Yes! As its written in Java porting to the PC will be one of the easiet ports to make.

We have our writers working on the sequel which should be out in 6 months
In the mean time I'll be working on the ports, I expect it to take 1 to 3 moths. I'm going to use Libgdx which is a cross platform Java game engine. I'll be sure to let you know when a PC port is available.

Chad

Just wondering if this is possible...
Could I buy the game on the Play store and get a S/N that would also allow me to play the game on the PC when it comes out?
It always baffled me why so few companies (namely on KS) do this.

BTW, there are 4 races in the game. How many classes and/or skills?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi Kaizoku,

We have a Veteran mode where you can only save in cities and the enemies have more hitpoints, we could definilty add a tougher enemy AI to the mix. Absolutely if you buy the game on any version I'll let you have it for all.

The main races are currently Humans and Elves but the Humans have almost killed off all of the Elves and other Feys for that matter. The Feys have been pushed to the free Kingdom of Kourmar.

Humans - all over Illyria, culturally similar except in Vasena where they are more of a desert nomad sort.
Elves - almost genocided, currently found only in Kourmar
Goblins - can be found all over but integrated some what into the society of Kourmar
Lizardmen - men with scales only found in Kourmar
Ocean Dwellers - found on the coasts of Illria
Trolls - mostly dumb brutes but occasionally smart enough to be employed as a shock troop of Kourmar

There are no classes and there are about 26 skills. You get 1 skillpoint per level and a bonus skill point if you raise your Intellect. Skills can be raised to level 5

Download the Codex are read for yourself.

Thanks,
Chad

oscar

Arcane
Finished the game and overall it's solid. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a competent party-based RPG (with some C&C and survival mechanics) on the Android.

I noticed this is referred to as 'Episode 1'. What's the plan for future games?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi Oscar,

Thanks for playing the game! Episode 2 is already in the works. Its going to revolve around the kingdom of Vasena. Vasena is the desert Kingdom to the north west currently behind the Iron Wall. Vasena is culturally different then the other Kingdoms due to its isolation and has more of an Egyptian/Persian vibe. It's flag is the Jackal.

The writers and artist will be working on the sequel while I'll be concentrating on porting the game to the desktop and iOS. I'll post some concept art below.

Thanks,
Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Concept art alert!

concepts_djinn.jpg

concepts_lamia_male.jpg

concepts_sandworm.jpg

concepts_vulture.jpg

man_vasena_armor_bandit.jpg

man_vasena_armor_eagle.jpg

man_vasena_armor_jackal.jpg

man_vasena_chaincoat.jpg

man_vasena_common_attire.jpg

man_vasena_gladiator.jpg

man_vasena_goldface.jpg

man_vasena_hydracrown.png

man_vasena_leathervest.jpg

man_vasena_priest.jpg

man_vasena_slave.jpg

man_vasena_soldier.jpg

man_vasena_swordman_helm.jpg

man_vasena_swordsman.jpg

man_vasena_traveller.jpg

woman_vasena_acrobat.jpg

woman_vasena_banditqueen.jpg

woman_vasena_crown.jpg

woman_vasena_goldmask.jpg

woman_vasena_mystic.jpg

woman_vasena_priestess.jpg

woman_vasena_slave.jpg

woman_vasena_sorceress.jpg

woman_vasena_stripedscarf.jpg

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Oh thanks Crooked I wasn't aware of that option! Also we will soon be releasing a proper press release announcing the sequel.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Gotta raise my fedora at Little Killerz for sticking to their guns and taking the feedback well, he has passed the Codex Developer Test (TM). :salute:

Will give the game a try when it'll get the PC-conversion.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Thanks Jarpie!!! That really means a lot to us! We won't disappoint. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of the PC port.

Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Oscar,

You should play through again. You can take a different invasion route and play good or evil. There are many events that change based on karma. There is also a handfull of events that fire only if you are good or evil. Also there are so many events in the game its very unlikely you saw them all.

Thanks,
Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hot off the presses Djinn. Question how do I put this in spoiler?

Fire
creatures_djinn_fire.jpg

Ice

creatures_djinn_ice.jpg

Magma
creatures_djinn_magma.jpg

Sand
creatures_djinn_sand.jpg

Smole
creatures_djinn_smoke.jpg

Wind
creatures_djinn_wind.jpg

kaizoku

Arcane
Little Killerz

with the "spoiler" keyword: <spoiler>stuff hidden</spoiler> (replace <> with [])

I'm curious, how do the djinns attacks and abilities differ?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Kazoku,

I guess the edit feature goes away after a bit? As far as the attacks go each Djinn will have an appropriate attack based on type. Magma and fire will shoot fire. Wind will throw wind which will have a chance of stunning characters. Ice will do damage and slow the characters. Not sure about smoke yet, any ideas?

Thanks,
Chad

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Cynic

We are working on one, I'm a Java guy so it was natural for me to start with Android. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom