Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teary eyes at Bioware: Negativity too much for the doctors.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/28/t...ave-proved-just-too-much-for-bioware-doctors/
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/160981..._was_too_much_for_ray_greg_exbioware_dev.html

“The last time I met up with [Greg], I felt his exhaustion,” explained Oster. "Punch out, eject, get the hell out", was my suggestions to him and it hit closer to the mark than I had realised. I also think the Mass Effect 3 fan reaction and the Old Republic fans negativity was just too much.”

It can be hard to shut off the overwhelming negativity the internet spews forth, especially when it has your name or the name of your company in it.”

“I’m sure the internal culture at EA had pinned the Old Republic conversion to free to play as a failure and hung that completely on Ray, so that would have hurt his upward climb. But, I figured he would fight harder. EA upper management must have been even worse than I thought.”

So, shitty games and a shitty merger made the Doctors all teary eyed. :eek: What a shocker!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I am pretty sure they have a few dozen millions from the Bioware buyout to ease their pain

Also
Oster also suggests that the failure of The Old Republic may have spelled the end for Ray Muzyka’s EA ambitions. “I had him pegged as an EA lifer,” says Oster. “My thought was the Ray agenda was to first usurp Frank Gibeau and then later John Riccotello as CEO.”

Hah,it seems Frank and John got Ray before he could get them
:troll:

Multi-headed Cow

The terrible quality of Bioware's videogames and the negativity they received because of it was all a ploy by the top brass at EA! CONSPIRACIES!

Bruticis

I thought I'd check the forums and see if any biotards are lashing out at the evil monsters that pushed out the good docs. I was not disappointed.
all that militant anger at bioware finally caught up with these forums.I hope you people are happy, this is what happens when you take something (like a video game, a good one at that) too seriously, all you ungrateful privileged fanboys pushed two dedicated craftsmen out of the game.shame
If the negative reactions really did play a part in Greg leaving, then I'm pretty annoyed with the people who endlessly complained. I'm sure Bioware got the idea after the first ten times! It's a shame that such a fantastic game gets ripped apart by silly 'fans'. It's quite depressing actually.

Hamziz

Learned
Well, they didn't MAKE the games, they delegated that responsibility to others, like Casey Hudson and Mike Laidlaw. Leaders delegate, and good leaders are those who can spot talent and ability, and reward those traits with responsibility.

Greg and Ray were horrible judges of not only ability, but character and judgement as well, in those beneath them (outright lying in PR is never a good idea, unless you're Peter Molyneaux and can get away with it - in reference to statements made by both of the above producers hyping their respective games). They placed the production and direction of valuable franchises in the hands of the wrong people, and were rightly blamed when the end-result failed to live up to expectations.

They had their shot at the bigs, and blew it because they are shitty leaders. Cry me a fucking river.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
cd42fc655f44e7d7bbec0af279ce6cc3.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"They had their shot at the bigs, and blew it because they are shitty leaders. Cry me a fucking river."

Blew it? They made a company out of nthing, made hundreds of millions of dollars, sold tons of games, and can retire rich. They've won awards, and accolades, and accomplished everything one could in the game development business. That's not blowing it. That's success.

Plus, it's bullshit. It's alreayd been called out as bullshit.

BIODOCS have ehard the same old crying by the internet for years and it never stopped them before. Internet is not that powerful.

Why believe someon random jerkoff who is not the BIODOCS on this issue? They've already stated why they they left. CASE CLOSED.

Hamziz

Learned
That's not blowing it. That's success.

You're absolutely right, Volly. Why aspire to greatness, when mediocrity pays just as well?

Yep, high paid executives leave all the time when things are going perfectly fine. The fact that they have plenty of money doesn't change the fact that managers don't 'resign' when they have bright futures in a company. Except in cases of criminal misconduct, corporate execs are almost always allowed to quit, rather than be fired, because it's better for the company's stock that way. Catch a clue.

They already stated why they left. CASE CLOSED.

End of Rhine? LOCKDOWN!

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
"They had their shot at the bigs, and blew it because they are shitty leaders. Cry me a fucking river."

Blew it? They made a company out of nthing, made hundreds of millions of dollars, sold tons of games, and can retire rich. They've won awards, and accolades, and accomplished everything one could in the game development business. That's not blowing it. That's success.

BIODOCS have ehard the same old crying by the internet for years and it never stopped them before. Internet is not that powerful.

Why believe someon random jerkoff who is not the BIODOCS on this issue? They've already stated why they they left. CASE CLOSED.

Success

Grimlorn

Arcane
That tattoo is awesome. He has to see it in the mirror everyday and be reminded of his failure and shame.

Micmu

Magister
I see bioshit continues on their epic quest of blaming everything on fans!
FANS DESTROYED US/MADE US QUIT BAWWWWWW HORRIBLE INTERNET DORKS WITH NO LIFE!!
That will definitely help saving their ruined reputation!

Angthoron

Arcane
Well it was the fans' fault. If Bio had no fans, they'd have dispersed by now.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I see bioshit continues on their epic quest of blaming everything on fans!
FANS DESTROYED US/MADE US QUIT BAWWWWWW HORRIBLE INTERNET DORKS WITH NO LIFE!!
That will definitely help saving their ruined reputation!
w89ftj.png

Oster is now an "ill-informed individual." Good thing for him the Biodocs are out of the game, that could have made future business with BG:EE-related stuff difficult.

kris

Arcane
Oster is now an "ill-informed individual." Good thing for him the Biodocs are out of the game, that could have made future business with BG:EE-related stuff difficult.

It was nicely said by Ray though. He praised fan opinion and kicked at the "journalists". and he didn't do that because he just thought about the praise.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Ray..... ACTUALLY believes there are Professional Gaming Journalists... with actual journalistic integrity?

Holy fucking shit. :lol:

Cynic

Arcane
The fall of Bioware has proven as tasty as the Codexian prophecy foretold.

PunkPkunk

Educated
The fall of Bioware has proven as tasty as the Codexian prophecy foretold.

I think it needs more salt.

And by salt I mean tears.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom