Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Technomancer - action-RPG by Spiders (Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame)

Paul_cz

Arcane
Well, Technomancer finished, 28 hours, doing all sidequests.

It was...eh. On one hand, the setting, writing and even combat were solid. I grew to quite like the characters, quests were ok, fighting with the staff was like Neo in Matrix Reloaded, fun.

But...Spiders really, really should have trimmed it down. Wanting to make big AAA 30 hour Mass Effect-like RPG when you have a budget to make 5 small locations does not gel together. So yeah the amount of backtracking and respawned combat was pretty insufferable the last 10 hours, I ended up switching to easy just to get through it faster.

Decent game overall, but these flaws really drag it down heavily.

Last edited:

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
you can only play ME1 so many times before you memorize every line of character dialogue
GUILTY!
I only stopped when I finished 3 and I still haven't gotten the taste out of my mouth. What an utter dogshit story ME3 had, and insult to injury is that unpatched you couldn't get the best ending without playing multiplayer. There weren't enough war assets. I haven't spent a dime on an EA product since; fuck 'em.

you take what you can get
Indeed. Technomancer was good enough, and since I got it for tree fiddy I bought Bound by Flame and Greedfall to support Spiders.
The last chapter was the most visually and musically impressive, which is a shame because the backtrack slog of chapters 2 & 3 probably caused the majority of players to bail early. Also, the ending moment carried an actual, EARNED, emotional moment of, "WHOA!," and an Obsidian-esque slideshow, all narrated by the Ray Liotta sounding main character talking about egg noodles and ketchup.

Also, "If I get you alone I'll make you shoot more than lightning."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom