Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teh BG2 Roleplay Question

Lumpy said:
Why have all the Baldur's Gate fanboys transformed into utterly retarded Volourn wannabes as of late? Weren't there enough reasons to hate them already?

That answers your question....

Morrowind, Oblivion, Hellgate London, Two Worlds and JRPGs are occasionally mocked to a very limited extent

April 06-April 07 was all Oblivion bashing. Hellgate London.....well.....everyone knew that was going to suck. Same with Two Worlds. And jRPGs, well, yeah. Morrowind, that really just is labeled a hiking simulator.

but there are a few BG-Bashers who take it to the *absolute* extreme, and never let up.

Nice job breaking character by saying something rather smart.

Andhaira

Arcane
Yeah, you don't need to. Seriously, just install both games and the expansions AND TuTu mod. Play bg1 with TuTu, then export and play on the same pc in bg2.

MetalCraze

Arcane
well yes, I fucking hate BG trilogy now.
every time I try to enter those three forests that appear after the underdark the game freezes or crashes upon loading.
And I'm not speaking about all those annoying bugs with scripts/triggers constantly not working so you have to reload 3-4 times to make the work.

SmokedWolf

Scholar
1eyedking said:
Raapys said:
And PS:T would probably have received less praise if every counter-strike kiddie had thought the game was awesome too.
Funny, though: Counter-Strike is actually a better game than PS:T.

I can elaborate the reasons if you so wish, but watch the pwnage meter...

I might agree with you if just for the sheer numbers hours I have wasted on CS:S.

Don't feel up to arguing the toss so I will let you do that.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Jasede, you're the last one who should be talking smack given that up until a few months ago you were basically the whipping boy of the forums. You've been getting too uppity and self-important lately, and it's becoming a little irritating. Remember your roots, and accept that you cant beat down anyone here.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Naked Ninja said:
Also I reckon your average Codexer is pretty old and decrepit. The whole RTwP thing must have been a tremendous strain on their arthritic fingers and poor vision. I can see it now :

Oh golly, a group of hostile NPCs...right, let me pause and give orders...right, thats done, lets unpause...what! No, one of them is a mage and casting a spell...oh gosh!

Must...push ...spacebar...in...time...OW finger cramp. Oh no! He got it off, and it's a fireball! And now my mage is in trouble, he's hurt, and theres a rogue coming up in melee!

Must get him to drink a healing potion....move mouse move..come on, which of these icons is the healing potion....oh dammit trick elbow, don't play up on me now! Gah, the rogue got to him!

I&%*%^# ^%#$ing kids with their skateboards and their real-time-with-pause RPGs. *waves fist angrily*

Nice, dude. :lol:

Probably believed my many too, ignoring the fact that most members also enjoy other, faster-paced, gaming genres.

elander_

Arbiter
BG2 has some good things and some very bad things. Many quests are very well and we have some freedom in choosing it's outcome. The reputation system based on the 3 moral axis could be made interesting if every npcs didn't have God like alignement detection psychic powers. Companion interaction was great except when they throw up some robot comment based on your alignment or decide to leave in the most idiotic circunstances that have nothing to do with what they have just said in a few seconds ago. Then there is that RTwP system which some people say it's the best of both worlds but it doesn't offer the tactical chalenge of a good TB game where the tactical chalenge to the mind should be enough or as fun as a good RT RPG combat game like System Shock or DeusEx. I can't imagine anyone enjoying RTwP unless one of those nerds with tick 1 inch glasses who are too retarded to used their brains with a good TB game and are blind like a fucking bat and the only key they can hit concistently is the big PAUSE key.

PS:T i love this game. I have replayed it 4 times because the game is so well written, npc interaction is very good and the world feels so real emotionaly. I think if PS:T is such a great game it owns much to the mistakes made in BG2. The two games tried to create interesting characters the player could interact with and both succeed in doing it with PS:T doing it in an awesome way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom