Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TERA Online beta registration

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Only difference between PvE and PvP server is that you can kill other people? No shit? What the fuck would you want?
Note the CAN on his sentence....PVP servers should be always PVP enabled, not this shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
Only difference between PvE and PvP server is that you can kill other people? No shit? What the fuck would you want?
Note the CAN on his sentence....PVP servers should be always PVP enabled, not this shit.
So that you could accidentally hit other people? Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic idea.

Go kill a bunch of lower level players and you will be stuck as flagged if it annoys you so much.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So that you could accidentally hit other people? Yeah, that sounds like a fantastic idea.

So how much does TERA pay you per hour or are you misrepresenting his stance from pure dumbfuckery? It clearly stated that the only difference between PvE and PvP is that on a PvP server you CAN TOGGLE your PvP status on for a short moment. Which is a mockery of PvP, as these kinds of servers have always been understood to mean constant, always-on Player versus Player challenge/risk. Not accidentally hitting your allies or team mates, unless the combat system indicates it - but that you're always under the risk of being attacked by the other side. You never heard of Ultima Online, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

So how much does TERA pay you per hour or are you misrepresenting his stance from pure dumbfuckery? It clearly stated that the only difference between PvE and PvP is that on a PvP server you CAN TOGGLE your PvP status on for a short moment. Which is a mockery of PvP, as these kinds of servers have always been understood to mean constant, always-on Player versus Player challenge/risk. Not accidentally hitting your allies or team mates, unless the combat system indicates it - but that you're always under the risk of being attacked by the other side. You never heard of Ultima Online, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot?

I think there must be some sort of misunderstanding... there are no sides, it's free for all and if you were always flagged you'd probably accidentally hit people a lot with the way the combat system is. You can toggle your outlaw flag which lets you attack anyone outside of towns (and be attacked by anyone) - so at any point you can be attacked whether you're flagged up or not. So right now there are a lot of lowbies being one shot by max level characters and the like.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
And PVP on PVP server is also crap - the only difference between PVE and PVP server is you CAN flag yourself on the latter for 60 sec to fight...
´
Well then, that conflicts completely with the above post. Someone has to be burned on the stake as a filthy liar. It's either Vicissitudes or Gerrard.

If you read closely:

You can toggle your outlaw flag which lets you attack anyone outside of towns (and be attacked by anyone) - so at any point you can be attacked whether you're flagged up or not.
is contradictory maybe mediocrepote meant "so at that point" instead.

Again - you CAN toggle outlaw and if you are not in PVP combat in next 60 sec. flag goes down. That's not PVP that is 60 Second Duel Mode in Levelling Zones Only.

Gerrard

Arcane
Why are you so retarded? Did you even play the fucking game?
When you are not flagged as outlaw you can only hit outlaws (excluding your party and guild members).
When you are an outlaw you can hit anyone (again excluding your party and guild members).
The outlaw mode is there so that you don't accidentally hit other players.

And yes, let's enable PvP in towns, that's another great idea.

Repressed Homosexual
The game gets a lot better towards the end of the second area, the game gets more difficult, and you encounter Big Ass Monsters (literally called that), which are like mini-bosses and are a lot of fun to fight.

I completed a dungeon meant for groups all on my own. At the end I was out of potions, I went out of a room... and the final summoned demon gained all of his energy back. If you go back to town while not logging off from the game the enemies slain remain slain, but not if you log off. I absolutely had to leave, so I lost a good 3 hours of slaying all the hard and aggressive enemies in the dungeon.

I'm now in the third area, which is a Dark ages area filled with undead. I must admit I don't understand why the mini-bears race decided to build their own there, but it's a Korean game, I guess. While this game has some of the trappings of usual Korean MMOs, it has a lot of content, is very polished, and is simply a lot of fun. It's worth trying for anyone tired of refreshing the same skills over and over again in other MMOs.

Data4

Arcane
There's a 7 day trial. Anyone else giving it a go? I'm still trying to get the hang of the controls. I'm a filthy, stinking, rotten tab targeter to the core, I guess.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well that didn't take very long. They were selling it for $5 on Amazon during the last batch of big sales so I guess whoever snagged that got all the bonuses that will distinguish pay vs. free players for super cheap. Still, zero interest in this game. Another one bites the dust. Why developers keep making MMOs is beyond me.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Now that is Free2Play, those with unlimited bandwitch and "developers interest" in gaming shloud try it out, even if only to feel the impressive combat system and baffle and the impressive graphics they pull out in a MMO, vastly superior to anything out there.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i hope that's the last of MMO this year.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I tried the trial some time ago.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING AND LOOKS LIKE 18231783246728463129740572394732804213957236532 other far east mmos.

"New" combat system is "new" only because you need to click skill for every auto-attack. So instead of boring button mashing for skills, be prepared to smash buttons for autoattacks and blocks. Fighting with, like 10 monsters. All game, because they're retextured all the time.

Kill 10 treants.

20 levels later:

Kill 10 vangeful treants.

Data4

Arcane
I tried the trial some time ago.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING AND LOOKS LIKE 18231783246728463129740572394732804213957236532 other far east mmos.

"New" combat system is "new" only because you need to click skill for every auto-attack. So instead of boring button mashing for skills, be prepared to smash buttons for autoattacks and blocks. Fighting with, like 10 monsters. All game, because they're retextured all the time.

Kill 10 treants.

20 levels later:

Kill 10 vangeful treants.

This, 1000x over. The content of the starter zone (not the beach scene at the very beginning) is 100% just like the content in the mid-levels, where I stopped playing. Go to quest hub, get 10 quests to kill mobs that are grouped as a mini-mini-boss with about 6-10 underlings, wash, rinse, repeat. All sense of fun in the combat is removed when you realize every mob group can be taken down with the exact same skill rotation as the last group. The graphics are nice, but it doesn't make up for the banality of the gameplay.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Funny how HHR of all people was interested in it :<

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom