Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Terra Invicta - sci-fi grand strategy from Long War mod creators - now available on Early Access

do you have proof and numbers? because even with that, i had the same amount of battlestations and point defenses die in bases.
remember: BASES, not stations.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a bug with the "layered defense array" where it's not shooting at ships that are bombarding from orbit?
Could be. But orbital bombardment also works really weirdly where the attacker gets one free volley off, and if that volley takes out your defenses then they never get a chance to fire back.
I've loaded and replayed the scenario.

The second time the array still not fired, the last time it was the one destroyed first and just gave up.

If de aliens decide to attack my asteroid bases, I could just abandon to play right now because they pound my ass and attack me non-stop and without resources it's game over :)

I've reloaded some more and the base finally fired

1669593882059.png

here's a screenshot of the base firing; the game paused for notification because the ship destroyed the mining complex.

1669594085093.png

the first time the ship made several passes until the array was destroyed and the defenses never shot once

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
do you have proof and numbers? because even with that, i had the same amount of battlestations and point defenses die in bases.
remember: BASES, not stations.
One thing i noticed last night is that it depends on the weapon tech lvl you have. For example, last playthrough i had visible laser tech and hardened habs and the bombardment would only wreck 1x base building maximum on >>> speed. Seems tl be random which one.

Irata

Scholar
I don't own this and have only been keeping an eye on it, but supposedly the beta branch on Steam has been getting updates.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
a month and a half without a patch, when the game would need them daily. told you it's already dead.
I don't own this and have only been keeping an eye on it, but supposedly the beta branch on Steam has been getting updates.
Based on the lack of activity on the devposted patch notes, it seems it has been quite a while since the last substantial patch.

I'm hoping this means the developers are treating the EA release as a beta, and are now doing larger reworks and internal tests before pushing them live. I fear the game is going to release in mostly the same state as now but with the 2070 start.

thesecret1

Arcane
I'm hoping this means the developers are treating the EA release as a beta, and are now doing larger reworks and internal tests before pushing them live.
I hope so as well. There's a great game hiding there, but hindered by so many layers of intense tedium that just have to go, so larger reworks would be welcome. Where midgame is a snoozefest, end game is straight up an endurance test over just how much boredom you can handle.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
1672449588720.png

the AI is very upset with me.

it keeps sending shit tier ships to attack my mines on asteroids and Mars

this is fuckin stupid :)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally got this on the Steam Non-Denominational All-Inclusive Non-Offensive Generic Holiday Sale and I get the feeling this gets better with mods.

Any recommendations? Especially something that makes the interface a little less... shit?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Especially something that makes the interface a little less... shit?
The game is still in EA, it's slim pickings for mods.

I don't get exotics because I don't have ships. I only have ground defenses at mine locations.

But is tedious to be constantly interrupted by bombing notifications.
Weird. I'd assume the AI would realize it's going to lose the bombing, and hang around waiting for reinforcements instead.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The game is still in EA
as in "early alpha". and it's been 2 months without a patch.
They literally patched it less than a week ago!
UI
- First pass at multi-ship selection and orders in space combat. Ships can be added to control groups. See tutorial for control scheme.
- Army path queuing. Armies can now be given multiple destinations to travel to by holding shift when clicking additional regions during DeployArmy/iesOperation target selection. This allows override of quickest multi-region pathing.
Gameplay
- Updated All Stop algorithm to be more accurate stopping ships when velocites (sic) get very small. All Stop now works consistantly (sic) in all direcitons (sic). Fixed an issue where angles were not being compared correctly during all stop resulting in incorrect rotation time projections. All Stop now blocks player input while being executed. All Stop now respects ship dV values. No more stopping without fuel. Changed the way the game calculates All Stop. Ships should not calculate their most efficient path to killing all velocity. All Stop only calculates once per cycle barring player input. Very small perfomance (sic) improvement. All Stop will auto cancel if the ship runs out of fuel mid manuver. (sic)
AI
- AssignIdleFleetsToGoals() : Do not join a fleet if either fleet has broken-down ships. This prevents fleets from splitting out ships that cannot transfer only to then be re-merged.
- Start on AIReaction processes to certain events (such as a fleet arriving in an orbit) that require immediate AI response rather than waiting to next Task.
Bugfixes
B
- Fixed a waypoint selection bug that occured (sic) when hovering a waypoint while having the mouse left button held down.
- Cleaned up a memory leak coming from projectiles in combat
C
- Prevent combat waypoint lines from rendering behind the ship's position on high-velocity trajectories.
- Changing army path vis to SolarSystem layer to stop it from showing up in combat.
It's not much, but it's something...

source? i see no mention of it on retardit, neither i saw it on steam.
still: wow, 1 patch in 2 months. not even warframe which is a dozen years old.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
it must be internal or something because there's no mention of it anywhere else.
It's updated weekly-ish in validation branch, patch notes and all activity is on discord
Discord is the bane of modern gaming. No good search for discords on different topics, no good search within discord for info and other stuff. God bless google crawled reddits and dying forums.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
it must be internal or something because there's no mention of it anywhere else.
It's updated weekly-ish in validation branch, patch notes and all activity is on discord
Discord is the bane of modern gaming. No good search for discords on different topics, no good search within discord for info and other stuff. God bless google crawled reddits and dying forums.
I don't understand why so much online discussion has moved to discord. Strikes me as even worse than reddit, but I guess people like that it's invite only?

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't understand why so much online discussion has moved to discord. Strikes me as even worse than reddit, but I guess people like that it's invite only?
Most of those places let anyone join. I think they like the swiftness of communication and the lack of need to create an account, as well as it generally being more informal. They usually end up being dedicated zones for devs to go get some fellatio from fans, too. It's not really a place to have a discussion, it's a place to shitpost, or suck dev dick. I guess it indicates the decline of the demographic if anything

discord is fucking awful, why does anybody use that shit? I don't understand why people use half the shit they do, Instagram is now a big thing too, I hate that as well...I guess none are as bad as twatter.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
I have tried to formulate for myself what's conceptually wrong with this game.
And, to keep matters short, if a game about secret societies turns into a map painter and corporate infiltration is represented via inventory management, then something is very wrong with the core game design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom