Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[TES V: Skyrim] New Engine to be used.

Unwanted

AndhairaXI

Unwanted
I read a tweet yesterday from a Bethesda employee who has claimed that a brand new engine will be used for Skyrim. Make of this what you will.

Regards

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Thanks, new Andhaira incarnation. The next Elder Scrolls game using a new engine is an information bit that I didn't read before, and certainly it wasn't posted a priori in this forum.

:roll:

In before "What's wrong Kosmonaut..."

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kosmonaut said:
and certainly it wasn't posted a priori in this forum.

Oh, I'm pretty certain the speculation that it might have a new engine was posted a priori at this forum. Like, before it was confirmed.

Because after confirmation by a dev, saying it wasn't a priori anymore but a posteriori. :smug:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yay, another (redundant) TESV thread! Nice chance to increase my lame-ass post count with this very same useless post.

I was under the impression that it was confirmed to be the same engine, but since I am not following it I could be mistaken.

Anyway, it is a good move if it means non-Gamebryo, just because it gives them a slight chance that they won't fuck shit up, as they did when they got their hands on Gamebryo. Either way, not optimistic. Don't see how choosing a new engine is going to automatically make them better at programming the new one.

Baron

Arcane
When Gandalf the White came back he was different from Gandalf the Grey. Make of that what you will.

Regards

Excommunicator said:
Anyway, it is a good move if it means non-Gamebryo, just because it gives them a slight chance that they won't fuck shit up, as they did when they got their hands on Gamebryo. Either way, not optimistic. Don't see how choosing a new engine is going to automatically make them better at programming the new one.

Yes, at least now they are used to gamebryo and probably know how to avoid the most frequent fuck-ups. I'm just afraid they'll pull a Megaton and have NPCs walking along pathways in the tall mountains, falling down because of lovely pathfinding.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
JarlFrank said:
Kosmonaut said:
and certainly it wasn't posted a priori in this forum.

Oh, I'm pretty certain the speculation that it might have a new engine was posted a priori at this forum. Like, before it was confirmed.

Because after confirmation by a dev, saying it wasn't a priori anymore but a posteriori. :smug:

Dumbfuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom