Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tessera close his site

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wiki discussion quote.

After taking a nostalgic look back at some of the comments in this section, I was amused to see that once again, my supporters were being accused of being... me, in disguise.

This is Tessera speaking -- the REAL Tessera.

And those accusations were quite simply asinine. Anyone who knows how to use the Wikipedia should be aware that you can look at the history of edits that were made to any Wikipedia page. And if you look at the edits made to the Unofficial Patches section, you will notice that on the VERY few occasions when I personally edited that page, I said who I was and I said why I made the edits in question. Furthermore, you can also see the IP addresses listed for each person who performed an edit and once again, you will see that mine are completely consistent. All of the edits performed by myself share the same IP... MY IP, and I only have ONE IP.

Exmit

Scholar
meh , seems like a setup show to increase mods popularity ,,, probably gonna come back with a new site and a new version of a mod , good for publicity ,

this is the proof that we are discussing it.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
RK47 said:
Wiki discussion quote.

After taking a nostalgic look back at some of the comments in this section, I was amused to see that once again, my supporters were being accused of being... me, in disguise.

This is Tessera speaking -- the REAL Tessera.

And those accusations were quite simply asinine. Anyone who knows how to use the Wikipedia should be aware that you can look at the history of edits that were made to any Wikipedia page. And if you look at the edits made to the Unofficial Patches section, you will notice that on the VERY few occasions when I personally edited that page, I said who I was and I said why I made the edits in question. Furthermore, you can also see the IP addresses listed for each person who performed an edit and once again, you will see that mine are completely consistent. All of the edits performed by myself share the same IP... MY IP, and I only have ONE IP.
Is this before or after the FAREWELL INTERNETS message?

ortucis

Prophet
These people have issues.

When I was modding for Wc3, we had fuckload of flame-wars, in the forums, ONLY. But the way most modders I have read about cry for attention, going around closing sites, deleting mods and telling the whole world to go fuck itself, it's just pathetic and embarrassing, even for the reader.

On the side note my mod was accidentally mentioned in PC gamer as well, pay attention to me all. Look at me, I was famous for that.. small column and 2 minutes..

:M

Silellak

Cipher
This exchange on the Wikipedia "Talk" link amused me the most:

69.234.130.169 said:
Well, saying the True Patch is only bugfixes is also both non-neutral and incorrect.

Indeed. Look at the current patch notes: one of the changes is "Gave roof guards sniper and assault rifles instead of shotguns and uzis [sic]". The whole "only bug fixes" thing isn't really the case, it's just moronic elitism.

86.135.183.201 said:
Poorly balanced gameplay counts as a bug.
So basically, Tessera claims her patch only fixes bugs, but then apparently define "bugs" as "whatever bothers me."

:thumbsup:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ortucis said:
These people have issues.

When I was modding for Wc3, we had fuckload of flame-wars, in the forums, ONLY. But the way most modders I have read about cry for attention, going around closing sites, deleting mods and telling the whole world to go fuck itself, it's just pathetic and embarrassing, even for the reader.

On the side note my mod was accidentally mentioned in PC gamer as well, pay attention to me all. Look at me, I was famous for that.. small column and 2 minutes..

:M

What mod was this?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Silellak said:
So basically, Tessera claims her patch only fixes bugs, but then apparently define "bugs" as "whatever bothers me."
This is amusing but also seems to answer my earlier question. A few years ago Wesp had 2 branches, one that only fixed bugs and another that was "restored content" (or that's what I remember). If he still does and Tessera just does whatever he damn pleases then Wesp's is clearly the superior patch.

ortucis

Prophet
Silellak said:

Tessera is a "he". :P Anyways, I finished Bloodlines with his patch twice while I installed Wesps 3 times. 2 times game crashed forcing me to re-install, third time I didn't really enjoy going through unfinished work restored by a fanboy. I can see how people who enjoy such content will like it though (but it mostly just crashes the game for me, never bothered finished Bloodlines with Wesp patch).

As far as what bugs these patches actually fix.. who knows? All that huge-ass changelog tells me that they keep on fixing the game over and over but I finished VTMB with official patches with only few CTD's and no in-game issue. I use Tess patch mostly cause he's a good texture artist and I'd rather use his visual fixes over a guy increasing weapon damage over and over again.

I am going to download the new True Patch, haven't re-played VTMB since 2007. :D

@commie
Skeletal Rage, which is what I am at the moment trying to turn into a turn based third person game (sort of like Fallout 3's VATS mode). :smug:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
is there only one type of drama modder personality, or are all drama modders drog?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I don't care for either fan mod but I know that I don't like people like Tessera. Guy need to learn how to chillax before he hurts his feelings for real.

Antihero

Liturgist
Modding does strange things to your mind and I find it best not to get too emotionally attached to anything you do and just work for yourself. Even if you generally get positive reactions, there's seldom any real connection between you and the people using your stuff, so after a while it feels like nobody much cares about it anyway - but you'll often see how wrong you are after you stop updating it or google around for what's being said about your stuff on other forums.

The most bind-boggling thing for me is how people can discuss mod bugs or other minor issues at length for pages and yet not even bother to contact the original mod author to get a fix for it in 10 seconds - or the reverse, where you give almost no information and never write back again. C'est la vie.

Zeus

Cipher
86.135.183.201 said:
Poorly balanced gameplay counts as a bug.

Wow, that is MESSED UP. I never install mods to fix "game balance" (I'd rather play the original--balanced by a team of developers and playtesters rather than some lone modder whose playstyle might vary wildly from everyone else's) but pure bugfix/restored content patches are cool in theory.

Claiming your patch is a pure bugfix and then making secret little changes that have nothing to do with bugs? That's total crap.

TripJack

Hedonist
whofuckincaresu.gif

:smug:

laclongquan

Arcane
Tessera is a character. I dont like his character much mostly because we are alike in some aspects.

Still, I agree with his philosophy of patchmaking, which is why I install his patch than Wesp's even though many fanbois praise that to the sky.

Anyway, how many times he close his site now? Twice? Thrice?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom