Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's there to censor in the first place?
The Cursed Belt of Gender-Bending?
How else can they play out their personal story, trapped in the wrong body until they are able to remove the curse and realize their true self before ascending to divinity?
The item in question is not an issue, the indication that it is CURSED is.
As I say, the curse is that their gender is reversed from who they are inside until they can become their true self.

Imagine, if you will, modding the game so you start with it equipped.

Falksi

Arcane
Just returning to this for he first time in around 10 years (tried replaying it around 3 years ago, but got sidetracked with real life shit).

Fucking incredible. Honestly, 18 hours in and can't believe just how much I'm enjoying it again. It's just so incredibly well crafted and balanced. I know that we all know that and know it's top tier stuff, but I genuinely didn't expect to be enjoying it this much again, almost like it's a first playthrough.

Lovely jubbly.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just returning to this for he first time in around 10 years (tried replaying it around 3 years ago, but got sidetracked with real life shit).

Fucking incredible. Honestly, 18 hours in and can't believe just how much I'm enjoying it again. It's just so incredibly well crafted and balanced. I know that we all know that and know it's top tier stuff, but I genuinely didn't expect to be enjoying it this much again, almost like it's a first playthrough.

Lovely jubbly.

That's awesome man. I knew you'd get around to loving the best RPG ever, Chrono Trigger.

Wait, what?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Always fun to see how much OldCodex loathed Baldur's Gate and held consensus that Fallout/Arcanum were the superior RPGs.
vgh.. we must retvrn...

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't understand what people mean by "Not the best, but the one I had most fun"

You play games to have fun. The most fun, the best you achieved that objective. Therefore, the most fun = the best game.

That's like saying "I prefer Coke, but Pepsi is better"

Eh, it is possible to admire the craftsmanship of something and find something else more fun. It's hard for me to say that Underworld is a better film than The Godfather... but 9 times out of 10, watching Kate Beckinsale in a tight leather bodysuit is gonna be more brainlessly fun. That's not the same as saying Underworld is a good film in the absolute sense, or better than The Godfather.

Yeah, games are ludic, and a lot of that is down to fun, but there are many types of entertainment. The satisfaction of beating a good challenge is completely different from the fun of being rained in easy rewards, or building an organized town with production loops, etc.

Hell if you look at the games that people play the most... "fun" in the purest sense doesn't usually describe them. Obsessing/consuming/satisfying in terms of challenge or achievement is usually what makes people play for tons of hours. Disposable fun is disposable fun, key word there being disposable.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What BruceGPT is to the Politics subforum, Swen is for GRPG discussion (he is at least occasionally funny).

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Man, Baldur's Gate 2 with RTX Integer scaling on 4k looks so fucking good.

Cologno

Educated
Meh, just saying. Played through BG2 many times, gave each of Larian's entries a once over and forget. As an aside, though, is the Tencent stake an escape hatch when the wife runs off?

Falksi

Arcane
Always fun to see how much OldCodex loathed Baldur's Gate and held consensus that Fallout/Arcanum were the superior RPGs.
vgh.. we must retvrn...
I'm no fan of RtwP, I much prefer turn-based. But I won't lie and say that I thoroughly enjoy it in BG2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom