Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The beginning of a new Era or the final defiliment - The project to give voice all Morrowind's dialogues with AI has begun

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It seems Kezyma's project has advanced to 15.21% of original voices being done. Pretty fast.

In other news, the male voice for Skyrim's protagonist had a meltdown due to user's comments about his voice. He insulted people and told someone to go kill themselves. Thus, the male voice pack has been removed and is no longer available. Just your average Modding drama.
:deathclaw:

This has the potential to go places. A lot of voices sound rather neutral like everyone's a newscaster and there's some audible compression but this stuff is significantly better than any AI voicegen I've heard before.

Morrowind doesn't need it but it could massively improve quests and expand dialogue trees in Skyrim or Oblivion

Last edited:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
it's 2023 and Todd still wastes time and effort on actual actors in TES games instead of making them provide voice banks to create vocaloids from

Lokiamis

Learned
dreughjiggers I'm just a humble mod enthusiast. Pretty amazing how people are still making groundbreaking mods for a 20 year old game.
lol I'm reetardesd. I', lying here, in a hotel, on a bed made with sheets I didn't wash, watching deathly hallows on cable, still a virgin, and modding a 20 year old game and having fun. Todd Howard is Dionysus.
have another drink bud

deuxhero

Arcane
15.ai, which claims it will be releasing its next version soon, was able to change the inflection of created voices. It required a submitted, transcribed, data sample and had to be manually added but the creator claimed he was willing to add pretty much anything, it just had to wait for a new version and his updates take forever.

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
15.ai, which claims it will be releasing its next version soon, was able to change the inflection of created voices. It required a submitted, transcribed, data sample and had to be manually added but the creator claimed he was willing to add pretty much anything, it just had to wait for a new version and his updates take forever.
I see 15.ai's writer is an equestrian.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This is pretty neat...what other projects are possible or in the works like this?

deuxhero

Arcane
I see 15.ai's writer is an equestrian.
I never said to give him money.

skaraher

Cipher
Hmmm, unsure about this one. On one hand the dialogues appears to be mostly good, on the other the voice...too up-beat? Smug? Too condescending? It does match the casual arrogance of Vivec, but I have always imagined Vivec as calm and professional in his conversation with Nerevarine. The voice is Aradesh for Fallout.
This voice wasn't done by Kezuma btw, Kezuma intends to do Vivec voice based on Vivec's in-game dialoges - those unused ones, as far as I understand.

Diavyth Fyr on the other hand...I think it fits. The greeting would need to be adjusted to sound like Fyr, but it works.

They should have gone with Vivec Voice from the in game file.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom