Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Best Single-Player Game in the World

The Game

• Chrono Trigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ADOM

• Super Mario World / 64 / 3 / DS / Galaxy

• Dark Omen

• Gothic 2: Night of the Raven

• Fallout / Arcanum / PS: T / The Witcher / Diablo

• Fallout 3 / Half-Life 2

• Might and Magic 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

• Wizardry 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

• Supreme Commander / Total Annihilation / FA

• Ultima 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

• Arena / Daggerfall / Morrowind / Oblivion

• a Jeff Vogel game

• Dungeon Master / Doom / a Penumbra game

• Final Fantasy VI / VII / VIII / IX

• an unmentioned JRPG / an unmentioned rogue-like

• a Neverwinter Nights game (e.g. MotB)

• a Resident Evil game

• Realms of the Haunting / Lands of Lore II

• Total voters
Let's hear about it.

(The poll is a distraction. The real thing can be found in your individual responses, guys. Bonus points if you choose something that doesn't appear in the poll.)

1eyedking

Erudite
Counter-Stri- I see what you did there.

Also, the severe lack of strategy games makes this poll completely senseless.

PS: In before someone notices the obvious message nomask is trying to pull here.

*cough* GOTHIC II NOTR IS THE BESTEST THING SINCE CLEVE *cough*

spectre

Arcane
Voted ADOM, simply based on the number of play-years I sunk into this one.
Still playing it now.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Poll is shitty. All four Elder Scrolls games grouped together despite the fact that they are severely different from each other? Only a fag will take part in this travesty.

Groupings are completely arbitrary.

Also no Deus Ex.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
This poll is staring at the Cimmerian with uncomfortable intensity. Homosexually, even. It is a homosexual poll. For bonus points, the Barbarian nominates Baldur's Gate 2. The Codex may rage over this, as it will. But the Barbarian's heart is steadfast; his balls steely. He will let your rage wash over him, and he will be as a rock. HARD.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Let's hear about it.

(The poll is a distraction. The real thing can be found in your individual responses, guys. Bonus points if you choose something that doesn't appear in the poll.)
Starflight.

It is the most detailed space exploration game out there, which I found a few years ago, couldn't get into it, got back into it again recently, and thought that it was brilliant.

All those distant stars, planets...worlds, so many things in between. Another place and time. And your mind expanding into the infinite multitude of the universe and being able to imagine right in it.

Wyrmlord said:
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Let's hear about it.

Starflight.

It is the most detailed space exploration game out there, which I found a few years ago, couldn't get into it, got back into it again recently, and thought that it was brilliant.

All those distant stars, planets...worlds, so many things in between. Another place and time. And your mind expanding into the infinite multitude of the universe and being able to imagine right in it.
The first, no, the second correct response.

To the haters: the number of possible poll options is very limited. Feel free to try to make a better poll.

It may come as a shock to a teenager, but when you get past a certain age, there is nothing unusual in a situation where you don't get to spend all of your days with your hang-out buddies.

Tycn

Savant
How could you lump the holy trinity into a single option? One of them would end up coming first even if they were listed separately.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The greatest educational game of all time, though...

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Thief games, System Shock games and both Ultima Underworlds are not in the poll, therefore the option that has the most playtime behind it for me is missing.

Also, Civ II and Alpha Centauri are missing.

relootz

Scholar
I would say that the single player i have had the most fun with, is Dungeon Keeper and specifically the expansion Deeper Dungeons which really increased the difficulty to a level where the experience DK player had to do some effort to win.

Recently i have been impressed by the length of a game like King's Bounty : The legend and its expansion Armored Princess which also has a well needed increase in difficulty.

It's nigh impossible to choose from between all the masterpieces from different genres, like the Mega Man series, Fallouts, Victoria, C&C, TIE Fighter, and so on, but I'm going to settle for Jagged Alliance 2. The third-world war atmosphere, obscure details like the mercenaries reactions to various things including the other mercenaries deaths, great turn-based combat system + strategy/role-playing game mix, the cheesy voice acting, all of it. It's not the game I enjoyed the most (which would be some game I played as a kid, some Zelda or such), but design-wise I appreciate it the most.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Realms of the Haunting don't have shit to do with Lands of Lore II. I hereby beg the Gods of the Codex to put a double Dumbfuck title on Paula, NOW!

Korgan

Arbiter
X-COM UFO DEFENSE ENEMY UNKNOWN BIATCH, DO YOU KNOW IT?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom