Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Codex FOnline thread

Norfleet

And you just posted that in public. Isn't that essentially compromised now that everyone in the world can read this?

Norfleet

Well, so long as the channel is only filled with inanity, I suppose.

ironyuri

Dammit, I should have been paying attention.

Playing since Oct 25, ran into St. Toxic last night and realised that the Codex was in the game.

Have a base, will add if you give names.

Almost maxed my sneaker.

My alts:

SwinglineRed
Old49er
Muleskinner
Sidewinder

What is everyone's Time Zone?
Mine is GMT -5

Note: stockpile Kokoweef Scripts.

Uranium Yuri

GMT +8

I will add your chars to the Codex shared base, as I am base admin.

ironyuri

kMX7BBE.jpg

Thank St. Toxic and Turisas for the majority of the hard work on the sign.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'm chem reliant so I might try a few. Or well, a six-pack wouldn't hurt I guess. 12-pack would make it a night, hmm...

Redeye

Arcane
I've been punching people to death with spiked knuckles in New Reno, and it seems the Golden Globes and Salvatore guards will attack you if you go after people in their buildings. I haven't tried in the gym, but everywhere else it seems ok to just kill any gambler, prostitute, or "person". Gun equipped ones will fight back.

Shitty loot, and I still haven't found the ones who "made a lot of money" according to the NPC rumours.

Worth a test anyway.

Eyeball

Arcane
I think I'd like to have a go at making a melee character of some kind and I have a few questions.

1. The Mutant racial bonuses look pretty great, particularly this early in the tech race before better armours are researched, but it does not benefit from the speed bonus from high close combat skills. If I want to make a melee character, does a mutant miss out on much? Also can't use a number of melee weapons, which would limit gearwhoring somewhat.

2. Any advice on stat/perk/tag allocation? I assume heavy handed is essential, since you need to keep bad guys flat on their ass.

3. Is melee even viable, considering that I intend to play exlusively turn based mode?

Redeye

Arcane
I think I'd like to have a go at making a melee character of some kind and I have a few questions.

1. The Mutant racial bonuses look pretty great, particularly this early in the tech race before better armours are researched, but it does not benefit from the speed bonus from high close combat skills. If I want to make a melee character, does a mutant miss out on much? Also can't use a number of melee weapons, which would limit gearwhoring somewhat.

2. Any advice on stat/perk/tag allocation? I assume heavy handed is essential, since you need to keep bad guys flat on their ass.

3. Is melee even viable, considering that I intend to play exclusively turn based mode?

Mutants get no speed bonus from close combat.

HH is good, but they can reduce it with Stonewall and Quick Recovery, and by having high END or STR (I don't remember the exact formula).

Melee (and running up on people with flamers) is enabled by the speed bonus from Close Combat. I don't know if it even applies in Turn Based combat. It would be nice if it translated into Movement Points, but I don't know and don't think it does.

Don't be a melee mutant unless you are doing it to kill cows for mats at the start with a throwaway character.

ironyuri

Stocks at Camp Codex will briefly be depleted this evening.

Stay tuned for news. Please PM me a list of your charnames for later.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Made a character but I'd rather decide on a decent build first before I invest time in it D:

ironyuri

The Codex Führerbunker is unveiled.

r5EtxG4.jpg

The Codex Waffen SS Kaserne.

3U5WdPi.jpg

Doomsday Early Warning PA System.

JmwtVSq.jpg

As everyone can see, there are containers set aside for specific crafting mats based on basic logic (tobacco leaf = papers and tobacco to craft cigarettes) (broc flower = broc flower, xander root & hypodermics), etc.

If bros are not keen to organise their loot/junk/items after a mission, feel free to dump all your shit in the crates / poor box at the entrance to bunker. Junk in those boxes will be sorted later.

Junk includes any guns you get from npcs on farming/caravan trips, as those are better melted down into mats and remade into useful guns with full durability.

Kalin and I have discussed everyone keeping a personal footlocker in the base (this would be possible in the Kaserne/Barracks on the right). If you want to call dibs on a footlocker, place an item on the ground in front of it that we can readily associate with you. For ex. I would use uranium or iron ore to mark my footlocker (ironyuri hurr). If you don't want a personal footlocker to keep your own shit, dump it for communal sorting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Blueprints allow you to craft items with a crafting bonus (a random bonus to a item that can for example increase damage of the item or it's durability.) So its advised to collect them and consume even later in the season when every piece of equipment is already unlocked.

Since we are slowly starting to get some blueprints, a list of crafters is in order. Maybe add it to OP for easy availability, The Brazilian Slaughter? For the crafts that we've a BP for, it makes sense to leave those for just the folks with the BP since the bonuses can be really good.

naossano

Cipher
had forgotten how much shit fonline combat was when in real time.

FOnline2's RT combat is indeed shit, Ashes of Phoenix is a lot more tolerable. The best FOnline combat-wise, lots of good weapon balance, good maps and skill prevails there.

Why not staying there then ?
I admit i also have some team mates and allies gone on Fo2, but i can't imagine leaving AOP for a lesser server...

naossano

Cipher
Even V-TEC isn't so busy these days...
Basically, PVE at Phoenix with the few people available.
Most of the players left aren't even shooting each other. (i don't think we are more than 20 players, all factions cumulated)

Also, you should've warned me you were a codexer.
Actually i am more or less lurking on the Codex.
So many RPG to discover here, so much brutal honesty about those i am skeptical about.
Amongs the best RPG reviewers around.
I post far more on NMA/Beth/Fogen.

Redeye

Arcane
Wunderbar!

In 2 weeks, I've been able to get a cheap base, 100k caps, and a motorcycle. No professions or books.

How was the Fuhrerbunker funded?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Could you guys keep it to this thread and stay out of Shoutbox, please?

ironyuri

Wunderbar!

In 2 weeks, I've been able to get a cheap base, 100k caps, and a motorcycle. No professions or books.

How was the Fuhrerbunker funded?

Kalin and I stockpiled caps, and used caps from communal stock for bigger base & crafting mats. Since there's no current "goal."

Next goal is to stockpile caps for faction formation if people want to do so, otherwise just use the base and start filling it with gear forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom