Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The Codex reviews Oblivion again. It's THAT good.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Elhoim said:
And don´t forget the 1984 newspeak they enforce.

Example:

RPGCodex is translated to "I love Oblivion".

I hate when people fuck with my words and signatures, and make threads banish into thin air.

Oooh, but consider the subversive potential:

I love Oblivion is a site full of guys who hate Oblivion. I love Oblivion's VDweller is an outspoken critic of Bethesda.

Pure poetry.

7th Circle

Scholar
I liked the following comments:

Bethesda seem to have taken the path of least resistance on nearly ever design decision, and so you end up with a horde of unexceptional features built around simplistic mechanics. Arguably, that's a good thing, since it's very rare for a player to feel as though the game has wronged them, but ultimately, it just doesn't wind up being very interesting.

It's far from a failure, since it doesn't really put a foot wrong, it just doesn't set the bar very high.

Generally speaking, Oblivion didn't piss me off but it didn't inspire me either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom