Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex's official opinion on VtM Bloodlines

Do you like Bloodlines?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • It's good for what it is

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven't played it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And anyway, Bloodlines is p. cool. Easily the best game by Troika, but it doesn't say much, since their first game was mediocre and the second was bad :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
And anyway, Bloodlines is p. cool. Easily the best game by Troika, but it doesn't say much, since their first game was mediocre and the second was bad :smug:

Yet you like Risen.

Yes, still butthurt :smug:

ironyuri

Darth Roxor said:

You were going to get an appearance in my /gd/ adventure. Now you'll just make a cameo as one of the masses of rape victims when the ancient evil is unleashed.

:rpgcodex:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
ironyuri said:
Darth Roxor said:

You were going to get an appearance in my /gd/ adventure. Now you'll just make a cameo as one of the masses of rape victims when the ancient evil is unleashed.

:rpgcodex:

Any bro that will speak their mind against the Hivemind is a true bro. Roxor is an enemy in regards to his taste in games, but an AllyBro(tm) overall.

Cenobyte

Prophet
I thought he also liked Wizardry 8? This nearly automatically makes him a BRO, and minor distortions in taste may be forgiven :obviously:

Anyway, don't let me bother you, guys and (one) girl, feel free to continue your little dispute :)

Black Cat

Magister
Poor kitty, few meanies on Codex dare to insult her favourite anime, so she has to prove the her iintellectual superiority.

More like I really can't help but feel better with myself every time i see people who, on one hand, believes to be some kind of elite while, on the other hand, can't do basic argumentation. Read that edit again, this time slowly: The point isn't that I'm awesome, the point is that most people here is making so totally terrible and brutal logical mistakes in their arguments than even I can notice how bad they fail, then point, then laugh.

If you are taking seriously such an edit when i was throwing at me every single self deprecating sounding quality I was able to think of then you are, indeed, and elite individual.

:salute: Do carry on, most able sir.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Black Cat, read Marcelo's signature, and take a chill pill. It's easy to win against the Codex, but it requires you not to play.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bloodlines autowins any argument against it's atmosphere just by listening to the hollywood theme. I'm doing it right now, and in-game for the first time, it is a sublime experience.

Pity the rest of the music was forgettable.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Bloodlines' soundtrack is fucking amazing, screw you all :D

Case in point.

(if you want a better version of the track 'aquire' it via game music gems on TPB)

Eyeball said:
I don't know the first thing about the WoD setting so I've no idea about the level of butchery Troika inflicted on it.

I played it for a decade, also a long time before I played the game, and they didn't inflict any, really. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the most faithful adaptions in the gaming industry.

Eyeball

Arcane
I don't know the first thing about the WoD setting so I've no idea about the level of butchery Troika inflicted on it. Bloodlines is still a damn awesome game - not sure it's a damn awesome RPG, but it's a damn awesome game nonetheless.

I also feel that Redemption is underrated - the actual gameplay was kinda meh and easily exploitable, but I loved the setting and storyline.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Clockwork Knight

So, it's basicaly Neon Genesis Codexia? That explains so bloody much, you know.

@ Grunker

I truly wish my Willpower was high enough to follow such a wise and insightful advice, actually. :cry:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Grunker said:
Bloodlines' soundtrack is fucking amazing

Yeah... until you visit The Last Round. That retarded goth techno track that was looped there makes the game's soundtrack's overall score go down by at least 3 points.

Haters gonna hate
muv5zo.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"Lecher Bitch" (the track from The Last Round) is a pile of shit in a sea of diamonds, yes.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Lol, you guys have a horrible taste in music :lol:

Lecher Bitch was one of the best tracks of the soundtrack (of course, the soundtrack in general was great), but Troika should have asked some of our German underground industrial groups like Agonoize, Straftanz or Noisuf-X for tracks. That would have inclined the soundtrack even more

:thumbsup:

Black Cat said:
dr.one said:
with the exceptions of graveyard and vampire street fights, everything else has little to no merit as far as the game´s own coherence is concerned.

What about the main quest forcing you into breaking the Masquerade during the fight on the chinatown club against the chinese gangster guys? The event is reported on the news afterwards, including declarations of witnesses about how it was just like a movie. If you are a Tremere that fight includes a very liberal use of Thaumaturgy, too, and even if you weren't to use any discipline you would still soak so much lead it's not even funny.

But you don't get a Masquerade breach for it because it's forced upon you. And, actually, no one ever mentions it again. At the same time, you run slightly fast in front of a random bum no one would listen seriously and you get a Masquerade breach. How's that for the game's own coherence?

Just bringing this up again from page 5 because it was ignored for some reason and my bucket of tears is almost empty I want to hear the counter arguments

Zomg

Arbiter
Chinese aren't people obviously.

I would defend VtMB in many contexts but the guys in the first couple of pages trying to use the "YOU PEON" method of apology killed it. Black Cat is like a Codex brushfire lately burning through a few years of extremely dim yet elitist post-C&C game criticism build up.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What about the main quest forcing you into breaking the Masquerade during the fight on the chinatown club against the chinese gangster guys? The event is reported on the news afterwards, including declarations of witnesses about how it was just like a movie. If you are a Tremere that fight includes a very liberal use of Thaumaturgy, too, and even if you weren't to use any discipline you would still soak so much lead it's not even funny.

Just bringing this up again from page 5 because it was ignored for some reason and my bucket of tears is almost empty I want to hear the counter arguments

You are not FORCED to fight them. You can do it the sneaky way. Hope that helps.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Indeed, and bad taste is bad taste.

Clockwork Knight said:
Black Cat said:
dr.one said:
with the exceptions of graveyard and vampire street fights, everything else has little to no merit as far as the game´s own coherence is concerned.

But you don't get a Masquerade breach for it because it's forced upon you. And, actually, no one ever mentions it again. At the same time, you run slightly fast in front of a random bum no one would listen seriously and you get a Masquerade breach. How's that for the game's own coherence?

Well, it's untrue, since you can sneak, buuuut:

Even if there was no counter-argument, I fail to see how it results in "OMG COMPLETE RAPE OF FRANCHISE FALLOUT3-STYLE!!!!1!!"?

Even the ultra-source for TrueCanon(tm) - the Clan Books - has this kind of crap.

dr. one

Augur
Clockwork Knight said:

i briefly addressed it in the first post on page 6 (no counter argument though).
btw, in that quoted post i was directly addressing roll-a-die´s list, not the whole game.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you let the zombies get out you get a masquerade violation.

It is getting off lightly i think. It should be automatic decapitation for you and romero that idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom