Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes - real-time co-op isometric dungeon crawler

Hopefully it will be fun to kill a few hours. All the other good rpgs are Early Access anyway except for Pathfinder Kingmaker (which I still have to play via Turn Based mod)

The main draw to this, heck the ONLY draw for me is that it uses TDE 5e ruleset.

Plus that it's based in the same world as the Nordlandtrilogie of the 1990s -- games I have very fond memories of playing, even on my Amiga 500 with no second floppy disk and no ssd hard drive. :stupid:
$_59.JPG

Andhaira

Arcane
Hopefully it will be fun to kill a few hours. All the other good rpgs are Early Access anyway except for Pathfinder Kingmaker (which I still have to play via Turn Based mod)

The main draw to this, heck the ONLY draw for me is that it uses TDE 5e ruleset.

Plus that it's based in the same world as the Nordlandtrilogie of the 1990s -- game I have very fond memories of playing, even on my Amiga 500 with no second floppy disk and no ssd hard drive. :stupid:
$_59.JPG

Exactly! The Northlands Trilogy (Realms of Arkania trilogy) is what made me a fan of The Dark Eye in the first place. Startrail is IMO the best game ever made, period. The trilogy is the epitome of what RPGs on PC should be. Sadly, they have yet to be topped.

Andhaira

Arcane
Just wondering, what's your issue with 5e? At least the core rules are far more accessible than the convoluted mess that is 4(.1) edition.

Can you not into english? I said the ONLY draw for me is The Dark Eye's latest, FIfth Edition ruleset that came out in 2016 (english translation). It's currently my favorite tabletop RPG.

Drowed

Arcane
There is no overarching campaign, there are 8 missions. You can carry your character through all 8 of them, and possibly they might have some links throughout, but no overarching campaign or plot.

What really sucks though, aside from this being RTwP, is you apparently cannot control your party-members (henchmen). So if you play Solo and no Co-op, the AI controls your partymembers.

This is not RTwP, it's just RT.

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

What the fuck, for who this game if for, anyway?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There is no overarching campaign, there are 8 missions. You can carry your character through all 8 of them, and possibly they might have some links throughout, but no overarching campaign or plot.

What really sucks though, aside from this being RTwP, is you apparently cannot control your party-members (henchmen). So if you play Solo and no Co-op, the AI controls your partymembers.

This is not RTwP, it's just RT.

1*MzqQm_K3sdO8RFibufJJBA.jpeg

What the fuck, for who this game if for, anyway?
Autistic fucks like me that would play literally anything just to get that The Dark Eye kick, I guess.

V_K

Arcane
I remember at the beginning they promised that their algorithms would generate puzzles that would make use of the party's non-combat skills. If it's still true, I'd certainly give it a shot, no matter the combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this out? I can't see a price. Did they forget to set international currencies? >_>

Andhaira

Arcane
Is this out? I can't see a price. Did they forget to set international currencies? >_>

It seems to be in the process of being out. Their Steam forums suddenly went down and the timer is out on the main page...maybe they are uploading to Steam servers??

I am downloading Sin Slayers: The First Sin in the meantime to pass the time. :positive:

AliceAlcina

Learned
it's 5€ less than expected. Trying to farm enough in card to lower the difference between my wallet and my actual funds on card.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am gonna take the plunge thanks to steams generous refund policy. Lets see if this is any good.

AliceAlcina

Learned
it's not a bug, it's a feature nicely translates here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom