Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why are some of you complaining about the lag?

Yeah, Blight town is crappy and there are hiccups here and there, but it honestly isn't that bad.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why are some of you complaining about the lag?

Yeah, Blight town is crappy and there are hiccups here and there, but it honestly isn't that bad.

But PC games never lag anywhere ever! They're fucking flawless.

diablo3error37.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why? It's better than message: "unsupported display/GFX card", which merely means you should look into profile and delete configuration of non gold version.

Cassidy

Arcane
I don't understand the efforts itt to defend an obviously cheap, money grabbing port of the game into PC. It's one thing to be a fan of Dark Souls, and another to be a drooling Namco fanboy.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is it with all these fucking apologists??? I understand that you really, REALLY, like the game, but what the fuck? Are you people on Namco Bandai's payroll or something?

DragoFireheart

What is it with all these fucking apologists??? I understand that you really, REALLY, like the game, but what the fuck? Are you people on Namco Bandai's payroll or something?

I fucking hate it when someone jumps to the apologists conclusion.

No, I was watching the video. What parts bothered you?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I fucking hate it when someone jumps to the apologists conclusion.

No, I was watching the video. What parts bothered you?

Just read the thread man, the signs of decline are clearly there (ineptitude of developer, no PC optimization, console-oriented controls), yet there are people defending the port, as if it were the game the subject of the attacks.

DragoFireheart

I have questions but you probably already answered them in the thread and I don't feel like digging through the thread to find the answers to my questions so I won't ask you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ports are almost always shit; anyone who likes this kind of game could have gotten it on the PS3.
I don't understand why there even was a petition. Anyone who really cares about games has a PC & a console or two anyway.

Y'all stupid!
Asking for a port when the game was just fine may very well ruin whatever reputation From Software gained. Just listen to the voices here: "money-grabbing cash-grab". You know, if you ask a paraplegic (who told you he was a cripple and can't run) to run track, why then complain that he didn't run very quickly, or at all?

I am more worried about the backlash a terrible port may have on developer because I really would like to see them make more games. This whole port thing should have never happened.

Damn you for your petition,
damn you for ever listening to that petition,
damn you for making a bad port,
damn you for criticizing a company that knows they make horrible ports for making a horrible port,
damn you all around.

I am not even defending them; they were so bloody stupid to listen to fans. The first rule is: never listen to fans. They are the most retarded people on earth, and your lifeblood. But if you start doing what they say it never works.

Phelot

Arcane
I don't want to buy a console just for one game and I've been really interested in this game so I'd like to try it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's a fine argument but then you will just have to not play it. All said and done it's just a game and it's not a huge deal to miss out on it for now. You can always try it five years from now when PS3 are cheap.

Personally the game is worth buying a PS3 alone, just like the N64 was worth buying for Mario 64/OoT or the Gamecube that never did anything but play Ikaruga and Wind Waker. It really depends on what your priorities are.

But trying to get a good idea of what playing this game is like on some horrible port is a sure-fire way to sour the whole experience that was meant to be enjoyable. I blame the publishers for ever agreeing to this and the fans for asking for it. Yes, yes, as good fans we want them to get more money, but maybe their time would have been better spent making a new game instead of getting roped into this?

Not that From Software will have had much say in it from the get go. When you're told to run by a publisher, you run. Even if you have no legs.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
:lol: Yes, it was the petition that convinced Namco Bandai poor old From Software to make this port. How blinded they were in their quest to fulfill the wishes of their supporters!

But there's good news, at least. If we make a petition to take GFWL and to fix the optimization issues in Blighttown, surely they'll listen to us, their fans!

Because yeah, developers are all about petitions.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Dragon's Dogma is locked at 720p too on the PS3; pretty terrible to have black bars in 2012 on my plasma. I didn't realize how much that sucks until I saw it for myself.

And you can spin this petition business any way you like. It's like most issues in politics: there are competing viewpoints and they all have merit, depending on what perspective you are coming from, what experiences you have had, what your priorities are, and so on.

You have a great point, SerratedBiz, and in your own way, you are right considering where you are coming from. But that doesn't imply that those of a different opinion are wrong; it just means they look at this differently. If you both could understand each other's perspectives there'd be a lot less conflict.

Phelot

Arcane
I have to admit, I didn't read the last few pages so was responding out of order. I hope they smooth out whatever glitches the port is experiencing. I certainly don't want to get it just to find it unplayable.

I've considered trying to get a PS3 over ebay. We'll see.

ChristofferC

Magister
Ports are almost always shit; anyone who likes this kind of game could have gotten it on the PS3.
I don't understand why there even was a petition. Anyone who really cares about games has a PC & a console or two anyway.

Y'all stupid!
Asking for a port when the game was just fine may very well ruin whatever reputation From Software gained. Just listen to the voices here: "money-grabbing cash-grab". You know, if you ask a paraplegic (who told you he was a cripple and can't run) to run track, why then complain that he didn't run very quickly, or at all?

I am more worried about the backlash a terrible port may have on developer because I really would like to see them make more games. This whole port thing should have never happened.

Damn you for your petition,
damn you for ever listening to that petition,
damn you for making a bad port,
damn you for criticizing a company that knows they make horrible ports for making a horrible port,
damn you all around.

I am not even defending them; they were so bloody stupid to listen to fans. The first rule is: never listen to fans. They are the most retarded people on earth, and your lifeblood. But if you start doing what they say it never works.
I "care" about game and I never owned a single console in my life.

Marsal

Arcane
Dragon's Dogma is locked at 720p too on the PS3; pretty terrible to have black bars in 2012 on my plasma. I didn't realize how much that sucks until I saw it for myself.
720p is a 16:9 resolution. I'm not a consolefag, but can't you just scale it to fill the entire screen? What kind of shitty plasma do you own?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom