Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Tyrr

Liturgist
In DA:I they intentionally made all the women ugly, in DA2 it was the result of (lacking) skill & time and the engine.
A character like Isabella would never be in DA:I or other Bioware games after that.

There was a obvious shift towards woke during that time. DA2 also wasn't that "diverse". While DA:I looks like a African refuge crisis had happened between DA:O and DA:I.

In DA:I they intentionally made all the women ugly, in DA2 it was the result of (lacking) skill & time and the engine.
A character like Isabella would never be in DA:I or other Bioware games after that.

There was a obvious shift towards woke during that time. DA2 also wasn't that "diverse". While DA:I looks like a African refuge crisis had happened between DA:O and DA:I.
Said crisis starts during DA2 and continues into DAI, so it's just their story being shown. You are a refugee yourself. It's confusing at times because DAO and DA2 happen mostly at the same time.

jackofshadows

Magister
Exotic is not a problem imo, she also had nice rack. The problem with Isabella is that she not only looks like a Gypsy but her personality of a town bicycle is even worse. The kind of character they should have dumped into the town brothel alongside other freaks. I think there was even a scene where she was looking for a cure to her std's.
But she was, in fact in a town brothel in DA:O (not as regular whore but still). You could do a threesome and even foursome with her. Total slut, that's her trait, yeah.

BruceVC

Magister
I finished DA:I last night after about 100 hours, it was an entertaining gaming experience and it scores a 65\100 on the globally respected " BruceVC game rating system" . I cant give it higher score because of the 2 main criticisms I have for it which are

• the combat is routine, its still fun using tactics like Fire Mine but overall its not complex or strategic. You also end up using AI for party members because you dont want to have to micromanage the various abilities in every combat....it would be laborious
  • map markers make exploration easy, I like to explore and find things. So it lacks challenge in this respect

These negatives dont negate from the things that are positive, so what I enjoyed about it include

• the Power Point system is an excellent component. It motivates you to complete the myriad of quests and to participate in activities like the Requisition Table and gain points. I would like to see similar systems in other RPG as a good reason to complete quests
  • I liked the politics and machinations of the War Table, it is fun getting input from advisors and taking their advice
  • I gave the Grey Wardens another chance and at the final narrative updates they rebuilt there origization
  • I liked the idea of being the Inquisitor and the status and influence it provided
  • I appreciated the large number of quests and map regions
  • Crafting was fun and worthwhile, you end up looking for resources to improve your items
  • I loved closing Rifts and I enjoyed the broader narrative
  • Frostbite provides a beautiful graphic experience especially when you can max the settings

So its a fun game that I recommend but its important to be aware of the shortfalls which I mentioned

Reina

Arcane
in DA2 it was the result of (lacking) skill & time and the engine.

Yeah, that's more like it than 'they intentionally made every female ugly' theory. I don't remember DA2 males being that attractive either, between emo Fenris, effeminate Anders and the midget.

map markers make exploration easy, I like to explore and find things. So it lacks challenge in this respect

Did you complete all the tedious 'collect 24 pieces of irrevelant artifact' game throws at player every location? I'd imagine the game's much better if one can ignore that crap.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
in DA2 it was the result of (lacking) skill & time and the engine.

Yeah, that's more like it than 'they intentionally amde every female ugly' theory. I don't remember DA2 males being that attractive either, between emo Fenris, effeminate Anders and the midget.

map markers make exploration easy, I like to explore and find things. So it lacks challenge in this respect

Did you complete all the tedious 'collect 24 pieces of irrevelant artifact' game throws at player every location? I'd imagine the game's much better if one can ingore that crap.
No I ignored those types of Collection quests, they were monotonous. But I did complete lots of the normal side quests in regions like Western Approaches and Exalted Planes

Crafting is fun, but it also means that everythig you find is just a boring version of an item, you don't get wowed by a rare drop or something like that. Don't do crafting in rpgs, please...
I would agree with the war table missions. Even if minor, the subtle differences in tone between each character and their role is a nice touch. I don't know if using one over another yields differents results and rewards, but since this is an AAA rpg, I doubt it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
A lot of people say Dragon Age Inquistion plays like an MMO. If you are one of those people, which MMO does it play most similar to?

Frozen

Arcane
I don't know what type of MMO is it like because I don't play them, but it does have in general MMO vibe because most of content is repetitive generic trash. You have hubs and generic fetch quests/kill enemies because reason.

And its not just a feel, this game is reanimated corpse of an MMO BioWare gave up on. Similar like Kingdoms of Amalur is just a single player cut of an MMO

They just reused assets environments and mechanics from failed MMO and paste on it some derp "story" (that is completely retarded and shit). The reason story ends is literally, the bad guy at the end shows up at your doorstep because its end game time. lol

Expansion Trespasser? actually gives 99% of story not present in the main game but that story has very little to do with story of base game lol

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
A lot of people say Dragon Age Inquistion plays like an MMO. If you are one of those people, which MMO does it play most similar to?
For me it started with Origins. Origins was a hybrid between World of Warcraft and Baldur's Gate. Later DA-games continued this trend, with Inquisition injecting Skyrim direct attacks into the mix (which was also admitted by Bioware to being the goal).

For all the shit that DA:I combat gets, it could've been worse. It could've been ESO combat.

Zanthia

Novice
I would have said DAI is almost exactly like ESO, but I've only played 3 MMOs. (It's also like Runescape, and nothing like Dofus.) Really really boring and easy and only worth playing at all if you like the setting.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I would have said DAI is almost exactly like ESO, but I've only played 3 MMOs. (It's also like Runescape, and nothing like Dofus.) Really really boring and easy and only worth playing at all if you like the setting.
DA:I destroyed the setting so it's not worth it even for that. It's only "worth it" if you're a retard who is tricked into thinking it's good by fancy explosions.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
A terrible one. I haven’t played many mmos but at least mmos don’t typically limit you to 9 slots in your hotbars and you ain’t crippled by brain dead npc team mates which you have little control over because they completely gutted the tactics system of origins.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
For me it's different from ESO combat on 3 different key points, namely:
  • DA:I has no light weapon attack "weaving" between abilities.
  • DA:I has (more) animation locking, making the combat feel weighty (closely related to light attack weaving).
  • DA:I has no mandatory weapon swapping, that (for PvE) basically means that you turn 1 bar into a long DOT/CD bar and the other as the bar with spam-able abilities.
All points are meant as a negative towards ESO, I personally really detest ESO combat for all 3 points alone. Although the necessary bar swapping to give fake 'depth' to the combat must be my least favorite.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember getting annoyed by my companions dying in every dragon encounter. Luckily, I had built my main as a tank. He soloed all of those encounters.

After *some* hours I can say the gayness of Iron Bull was greatly overstated. I haven't interacted with him in a gay way and he's turned into an absolute bro. When I killed a dragon, we drank together like manly men. Manly, manly, manly men. So if you got gay interactions with him it was simply because you wanted to ride the bull.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I remember getting annoyed by my companions dying in every dragon encounter. Luckily, I had built my main as a tank. He soloed all of those encounters.
Oh, you mean you don't like manually moving the mage away from the dragon, pressing the button for them to stay there, only to have them run directly in front of the dragon the second you switch to a different party member?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
After *some* hours I can say the gayness of Iron Bull was greatly overstated. I haven't interacted with him in a gay way and he's turned into an absolute bro. When I killed a dragon, we drank together like manly men. Manly, manly, manly men. So if you got gay interactions with him it was simply because you wanted to ride the bull.
Nice strawman brah

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's actually one of the better and memorable character in the game, and he ask politely if you want to ride him or not and he act cool if you refuse. Not like DA 2 where you be nice to a person then suddenly you get fucked. Literally statutory rape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom