Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Dwarves (Die Zwerge), a horde combat RPG from KING Art Games

ortucis

Prophet
I am fashionably late to the party but I just realized I had this game on my wishlist since it was released.

Just bought it (sale 75%) and am downloading. From what little I saw on YouTube, game looks fun.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's alright. For $5 or whatever it'd be an okay game for the weekend or whatever. Not sure if they've updated it in anyway since I last played, though.

ortucis

Prophet
It's alright. For $5 or whatever it'd be an okay game for the weekend or whatever. Not sure if they've updated it in anyway since I last played, though.

After playing for 7 hours, I can't be arsed to continue anymore since the game is just broken.

Your units will stop responding to commands, mouse clicks don't register and half of the time, your abilities will hit your own units usually making them fall off the map (when near edges). Or when near edge, your selected character won't respond to you even selecting it or right clicking to move away from edge, getting killed by a enemy pushing him off the ledge.

And then there's the fact that if ANY ONE unit goes down, you can't revive them. Nope, you lose, restart the whole fucking map. Or the fact that you will run out of "rations" to explore cause traders don't restock them. Nope, so if you didn't plan exploration from the start, you're fucked (so save scumming is pretty much a norm here). Not to mention, extra people can join your team, which sounds like a great idea except, they also use rations. So you can buy 200 rations but you'll be out of them in few moves on the world map.

I was enjoying the story and characters, but the gameplay is terrible, unbalanced and broken. Developers never patched these issues so don't bother buying it, even on discount.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom