Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Any hopes I had for ES6 were dashed with Starfield.
I was literally about to ask if anyone else had zero hopes for elder scrolls after snorefield. I pirated that game and still felt cheated. I genuinely can't think of a single thing that game does well. We will never get another morrowind again. :dead:
At least we have a CRPG golden age coming up after BG3's massive success

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Redguards have 30 base Intelligence. It's canon.

Bugthesda since morrowind to oblivion is homogenizing races much before this esg plague. Of course in TES VI, Redguards will be the strongest mages, strongest warriors but not the strongest thieves. hu3hu3

Hope? Does anyone here expects something different than something more woke than Starfield, more buggy than FL76 and more dumbed down than FL4?

dsndo

Educated

Hope? Does anyone here expects something different than something more woke than Starfield, more buggy than FL76 and more dumbed down than FL4?
I've played maybe 10 hours of Fallout games in my life. My last real experience with Bethesda games was in 2011 when Skyrim released. I tried Starfield to see what progress they made in a decade and was surprised to find they have regressed on multiple fronts.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Lessons developers should learn from Baldur's Gate 3:
  • Tactical, turn-based combat sells
  • An RPG should possess at least a semblance of exploration
  • A considerable amount of interactivity with the world can be accomplished, even in a game with turn-based combat
  • Quests can have various Choices & Consequences associated with them, and there can also be consequences for player actions outside quests
  • RPGs can have a fairly non-linear structure
Lessons developers will learn from Baldur's Gate 3:
  • Sex sells, especially with viral marketing
  • Aside from a single player-generated character, the party members should be pre-generated and have ludicrously convoluted backstories
  • Vast amounts of money should be spent on voice-acting and motion-capture, especially for those pre-generated companions
  • Embrace the most generic fantasy setting possible
  • Players don't care about basing your game on a poor ruleset, such as "D&D 5th edition"

M. AQVILA

Arcane
  • Aside from a single player-generated character, the party members should be pre-generated and have ludicrously convoluted backstories
  • Vast amounts of money should be spent on voice-acting and motion-capture, especially for those pre-generated companions
  • Players don't care about basing your game on a poor ruleset, such as "D&D 5th edition"

Add bestiality, penis and vulva customization, penis + breasts combo, etc.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If this is how they treat their new IP (one which should have received the greatest of care and attention) it's safe to say that TES 6 will be completely chatgpt generated content....oh wait that thing actually puts out good stuff from time to time.
Sorry Todd, didn't mean to insult you this harshly by implying you make good games. Sorry.

volklore

Arcane
Lessons developers should learn from Baldur's Gate 3:
  • Tactical, turn-based combat sells
  • An RPG should possess at least a semblance of exploration
  • A considerable amount of interactivity with the world can be accomplished, even in a game with turn-based combat
  • Quests can have various Choices & Consequences associated with them, and there can also be consequences for player actions outside quests
  • RPGs can have a fairly non-linear structure
Still think we will see a lot more TB though. Even reddit is asking for TB and that trend started at DoS2 and has exploded with BG3. Pre-larian reddit was constant A-RPG fellatio with RTwP peppered in.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Add bestiality, penis and vulva customization, penis + breasts combo, etc.
Nexus mods has got you covered!
By the way, they removed all mods that let you get rid of pronouns in Starfield.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Elder Scrolls 6, if it ever gets made, will be giant turd that can be viewed from Space. We need NEW franchises, Elder Scrolls is just corpse of your nostalgia being made to belly dance to keep you docile and fill Jew Owners' pockets. ES6 will be Forspoken lvl of garbage. Todd The Jew was hack from beginning and all the Devs who knew how to design, write and program adventures in believable, interesting fantasy worlds are long gone

Every new game is a massive failure if you put it against Skyrim. They should move on and become a publisher only.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
There will be no second Skyrim. Skyrim's status was a combination of the growth of the industry, Bethesda's as developer, and the mental retardation of players. Everything that happened next was built on this success, which only few people noticed. But every resource has an end. Starfield was a success, but this game destroyed the legend of Bethesda as much as the company itself. The premiere of the new TES will be a funeral.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elder Scrolls 6, if it ever gets made, will be giant turd that can be viewed from Space. We need NEW franchises, Elder Scrolls is just corpse of your nostalgia being made to belly dance to keep you docile and fill Jew Owners' pockets. ES6 will be Forspoken lvl of garbage. Todd The Jew was hack from beginning and all the Devs who knew how to design, write and program adventures in believable, interesting fantasy worlds are long gone
Yes. Elder Scrolls died after Morrowind.

There will be no TES6 just like there was no legitimate TES4 or 5.

Tamriel Rebuilt and Project Tamriel are the only future Elder Scrolls games worth looking forward to.

The future lies elsewhere...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom