Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2023 - December 7th

Modron

Arcane
is that timothy chalamet?
I know he looks like that kid who ran up on stage at the last awards show but I assure you he is a big time celebrity.

Shig

Novice
No Rest for the Wicked, Rise of the Ronin, and The First Berserker: Khazan looked interesting.

Watching that Alan Wake 2 musical number was fucking horrendous.

Spike

Educated
No Rest for the Wicked, Rise of the Ronin, and The First Berserker: Khazan looked interesting.

Watching that Alan Wake 2 musical number was fucking horrendous.
Agreed, also hyped for No Rest for the Wicked, Rise of the Ronin, The First Berserker: Khazan, and also Visions of Mana. And nice to see more Black Myth Wukong. Also excited to see more Golden Axe and Streets of Rage!

911 Jumper

Educated
State of this industry...
GAyqk92aQAAVQ84

Latro

Arcane
You can already tell peele’s contribution will be either a ripoff of a twilight zone episode or a C tier Stephen king novel

best multiplayer = bg3
Makes no sense as very few people will even try the multi. Must be something else released this year that has half decent multi gameplay rather than basic co-op options (even if it's something flawed like Company of Heroes 3 or MWIII).

The other options were Diablo 4, Street Fighter 6, Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Party Animals. SF6 is a good fighting game but nothing groundbreaking, Mario is the same for platforming, Party Animals is good for a party game but you've seen Fall Guys or Gang Beasts before, and I haven't heard much about Diablo's co-op since everyone is autismally chasing gear instead of playing the campaign for fun, and the random players you run into towns might as well be bots. BG3 is the most innovative one of the list and a very different experience from singleplayer. Only problem is that it can be very buggy.

Perkel

Arcane
Good morning, western hemisphere folks. Any RPGs showed here?

Swen got GOTY award, wanted to dedicate win to dev who died and was told to be quicker and GTFO off the stage.
That's all about RPGs on this cringe show.

At least MH6 was announced shame it is 2025.

DemonKing

Arcane
is that timothy chalamet?
I know he looks like that kid who ran up on stage at the last awards show but I assure you he is a big time celebrity.
Yeah it would have been hilarious if he had thanked his rabbi Bill Clinton.

Can't think of one new trailer/announcement that got me excited. At least a CRPG won GOTY I guess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Good start

more for a things to come

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi
tl;dr they write to make EGS-friendly content
chances of getting anything good - near zero... but there won't be complains because people will consume it or get branded as haters
GAyghOwWEAArswk

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom