Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The good things about Fallout 4

Beastro

Arcane
The New Vegas canon was that they were indeed raiders just a few years before House gave them a bunch of suits to wear, and the one guy in the Omertas I remember was played by Alex Rocco (a guy that does a lot of straight stereotyped mobster characters) doing a straight italian mobster stereotype. It was a dumb stretch, just like New Reno was a dumb stretch.

Which points to the beginning of the rot in FO world building and it began in FO2.

Betheda added a lot of dumb shit, but they didn't get the balling rolling. Their sin is dialling the wacky up a ton and having that be the center of the games creative spirit instead of a somewhat nuanced looked at post-apocalytic society.

That you can't say mean stuff most of the time makes it even more like in real live, because only complete fringe sociopaths would alienate everyone they meet just for the laughs.

Right on, brother! Good on Bethesda for taking away player agency!

Funny how what little can be defended about this game has nothing to do with RPGs and often is the antithesis of the genre.

The dialogue menu is garbage of course but mods already fixed it so who cares.

Serenity now!

One day everyone still muttering that will have their brain crack and finally got a on murder spree.

What I like about it is how you can move freely during dialogues, feels more natural this way.

Yes, good thing Beth had their priorities straight and made the most improvements over minor quibbles about the previous games.

Technically I see Bethesda doing what they did with Daggerfall->Morrowind->Oblivion->Skyrim. They removed skills/item slots/etc. They were trying to cut down on the bloat. They're streamlining it. I don't like it, but ti's popular.

Why is this so bloody popular?

First time I encountered it was as a kid going from FFIII to FFVII and asking myself what good reason there was to go from 5 equipment slots to 3.

It isn't a "MAN". It's a Supermutant. According to their own lore, they consider themselves to be superior species.

Also, that's fucking retarded.

Yes, the outlook the Master gave them that these mutants in Boston have no connection to in anyway...

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The dialogue menu is garbage of course but mods already fixed it so who cares.

Some things are better left to the imagination.

modscantfixthis.png

ortucis

Prophet
Yes, the outlook the Master gave them that these mutants in Boston have no connection to in anyway...

I wouldn't know. I never got that far. Stopped playing the game.

Also, to those who have no issues with conversation system. I made a video and posted it over here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom