Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Samorost 2 is fucking fantastic. I like it far more than Machinarium. :thumbsup:
Lugaru is pretty sweet if you like Kung Fu and bunnies. Hilarious shit to be honest.
Can't wait to try Penumbra. Never played it before.

Angthoron

Arcane
$7.50 for 11 games is a hell of a bargain. Too bad I already bought Bundle #1 already ages ago and can't really transfer the new stuff to someone as a present, meh.

Multi-headed Cow

Angthoron said:
$7.50 for 11 games is a hell of a bargain. Too bad I already bought Bundle #1 already ages ago and can't really transfer the new stuff to someone as a present, meh.
Assuming the person has Steam, you should be able to. You get a new Steam key for HIB#1, so you could just chuck that someone's way.

Nice that they did this. I didn't own Aquaria or Lugaru, and I'm not sure Lugaru will be my cup of tea but Aquaria looks kinda neat.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Samorost 2 doesn't get activated on Steam -- the Humble guys said it was a glitch that may or may not get fixed. No biggie, while it's a great game it is fairly brief so I'm not bent out of shape by not having it linked to Steamworks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seriously, after this and the Steam indie packs I'm probably going to walk away with 25+ indie titles.

Destroid

Arcane
I see a lot of people hating on pretentiousness, I havent played braid but I think a little pretentiousness can be fun in a game.

Multi-headed Cow

Destroid said:
I see a lot of people hating on pretentiousness, I havent played braid but I think a little pretentiousness can be fun in a game.
I can see you haven't played Braid.

Oaken

Novice
Braid is not even close to being as pretentious as World of Goo.

Multi-headed Cow

World of Goo must have been so pretentious I didn't even notice. That's pretty god damn pretentious, those little blobby fuckers.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
goo-75112_4.png

Tycn

Savant
Destroid said:
It's not the monocle kind of pretentious but the pseudointellectual postmodern kind. This is a very bad thing.

Multi-headed Cow

Trine and the Shadowgrounds games are pretty alright. Absolutely no idea about the other two. I'll probably pick it up in the hopes they'll get added to Steam eventually.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I might toss some money at this one -- not sure. Already have Trine (which is good) but not that wild about the Shadowground games. The other two look neat, though, but I'm wondering if you actually game the full games when they're eventually released.

Worst part about these promos, though, are all the cheap fucks who buy like a dozen+ copies for $0.01 and then try to trade the keys on Steam forums contending they are worth like $20. Pretty funny.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
This bundle isn't as hot as the others, IMO.

EDIT: Thought about it, will pass. The main reason is a simple one - I will not pre-order a game I have not tried out and is not done yet. It doesn't matter to me how much I'm paying for it, I will not support pre-ordering by taking part in it.

As for the titles in the bundle - Trine is a Lost Vikings clone with a physics engine. I own the original (and its sequel) so I'm pretty good there, thanks.

The two Shadowgrounds games are corridor shooters. Those haven't interested me since the original Alien Breed.

Jack Claw at least looks interesting, but I have no idea what the game is about, let alone how it plays.

Splot could be a joke, for all I care. Next to no info available.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BEWARE ALL: to play Jack Claw you need an XBOX controller for PC. The only thing you can do via keyboard and mouse is quit :smug:

Though with src available I guess it will be playable sooner or later.

Peter

Arcane
I will also be passing up on this one. Looks shit. It's odd that they've got such a weak bundle here, when so many popular indie games have not been featured yet (Amnesia, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV and AaAaAA!, to name a few).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trying to get more information on 'Splot.' Note also with Jack Claw that it is a game that they never finished and apparently never will finish so you are just buying a bare bones tech demo sort of thing. If anything I'll just low ball this to give the Frozenbytes guys a few bucks. Some minor information on Splot. It looks somewhat underwhelming.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Underwhelming bundle but Trine is still awesome and if it comes with the soundtrack that's already a pretty good deal. The two Shadowgrounds games may not be so impressive but they are genuinely fun if you want shooters with lots of upgradeable weapons — think crimsonland but with a mission structure and corridors. Also who can resist a dude who drinks the napalm of his flamethrower to stay awake?

So Jack Claw is only a tech demo it seems. Looks fun in a toy box way but that's it. And Splot, well, I just don't know since there is little info available.

Good thing is you can set the price. Trine alone makes it worth it, because it is fantastic, and you also get two very competent shooters as well. Guess the rest can be considered as bonus content.

Edit: well from the bundle page, both Splot and Jack Claw are considered as bonus content.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Whoa... totally forgot about the soundtrack. Okay, probably getting it for the Trine soundtrack alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom