Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Making of Risen 2 Dark Waters, Pt. 1

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I love the natural immunity Germans seem to have to cheesiness.

71bwE.jpg

:lol:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wow, some pretty steep decline here. They didn't craft the world by hand this time, and instead used a program to generate it. Fucking lame. Also tutorial islands.

Phelot

Arcane
:lol: Oh God...

Still looking forward to the game, but apparently no one else is. Only 100 views for that vid? Did they try to bury it? :lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Terrain engine?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! "If it's too big it gets boring." What?!?!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What would the Codex be without overly dramatic reactions? I'm sure it'll be fine. I must believe in PB!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm p. sure it'll still be handcrafted where it matters, they just won't have to take care of every dirt road or terrain slope.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They need to make fake gold coins look and sound more like real gold coins in videos and games. The sound of coins clinking in games doesn't sound like real coins clinking, though gold coins don't make as nice a sound as silver coins. Of course they aren't suppose to be high purity so I guess they shouldn't sound that good. Man I wish games have better sounding coins.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gothic 3 might be big but the content leaves a lot to be desired. Actually now I understand 'too big it gets boring' -- if you can't flesh out interesting content (excluding MMO style grinds, see, e.g. Varant and Nordmar) then don't bother putting huge spaces in the game just for the sake of having them.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If Gothic 3 had guns it might actually be fun to slaughter the 1000+ mobs in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom