Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

eremita

Savant
So who's left at Bio now? Has EA continued burning the chaff?
What do you mean? There's actually still a majority of people who are Bioware veterans. Some even since BG1. At least in key positions.

toroid

Arcane
I actually saw a person wearing a Bioware t-shirt today. I maneuvered into a position so that I could see what they looked like. It was a woman. I then spoke aloud "Yep. Figures." and walked away.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-07-bioware-boss-mulls-mass-effect-trilogy-re-make

BioWare boss polls fans on potential Mass Effect Trilogy re-make
"Organic implementation" with all DLC "definitely what I have in mind."

BioWare Edmonton and Montreal boss Aaryn Flynn has discussed the possibility of a re-mastered Mass Effect Trilogy, and polled fans on what features they would want included.

Writing in a post on NeoGAF, Flynn detailed the most-requested features he had heard "many times" so far (although with the caveat that these ideas were "a wish list at this point").

The ideas were: 1080p 60fps support, high-res textures - especially on Mass Effect 1, the inclusion of all DLC and a 'seamless experience' so each game flows into one another without needing to import saves.

One user suggested that DLC should be organically implemented too, so that it becomes available at appropriate points in each game's story.

"'Organic implementation' is definitely what I have in mind," Flynn agreed. "[The DLC] should just all be there, as if it never wasn't there (if that makes sense)."

But he poured water on the idea of changing Mass Effect 1's janky combat mechanics to be more like the streamlined Mass Effect 3.

"'ME3 combat mechanics in ME1' comes up relatively often, but it's not on my radar (again, speaking personally)," he wrote. "First it would be a helluva lot of work. Second, I hate the idea of us being accused of 'retconning' ME1.

"Third (and I bet everyone on NeoGAF knows this), there are those who prefer ME1... So given that all that, it doesn't feel like the right thing to do."

Today (7th November) is N7 Day, BioWare's annual celebration of all things Mass Effect. The company is due to hold a special live-streamed developer roundtable at 6pm this evening to discuss the future of the franchise.

But Flynn has pre-empted speculation of a surprise Trilogy announcement tonight and stated that, as yet, BioWare has nothing to share.

You'll be able to watch tonight's roundtable right here on Eurogamer - we'll have a link to where as soon as our page goes live.

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
I'll pass if that ever sees the light of day. I suck at Bioware games. When I played Mass Effect I didn't even romance anyone. Only weeks later after completing the game I found out that I played it WRONG.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Why is it the only place I can find RPG fans that recognize Bioware as the supreme turd is on the Codex?
People's love for Bioware borders Weeaboo-obsessed behavior, giving anecdotes of tears streaming down their faces to the ending of Mass Effect 3 and such, and I'm sitting there feeling alone in thinking they make terrible video games, or at least have done so consistently since 2004 or so...
Why is it this loony bin only...am I a loon too? Maybe Bioware are the modern masters of game design and storytelling and I'm just retarded?

Yeah, no. Fuck off. :obviously:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I'l love to play Mass Effect in the Mass Effect 2 engine."

It's the same fukkin' engine.

Xbalanque

Educated
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-07-bioware-boss-mulls-mass-effect-trilogy-re-make

BioWare boss polls fans on potential Mass Effect Trilogy re-make
"Organic implementation" with all DLC "definitely what I have in mind."

BioWare Edmonton and Montreal boss Aaryn Flynn has discussed the possibility of a re-mastered Mass Effect Trilogy, and polled fans on what features they would want included.

Writing in a post on NeoGAF, Flynn detailed the most-requested features he had heard "many times" so far (although with the caveat that these ideas were "a wish list at this point").

The ideas were: 1080p 60fps support, high-res textures - especially on Mass Effect 1, the inclusion of all DLC and a 'seamless experience' so each game flows into one another without needing to import saves.

One user suggested that DLC should be organically implemented too, so that it becomes available at appropriate points in each game's story.

"'Organic implementation' is definitely what I have in mind," Flynn agreed. "[The DLC] should just all be there, as if it never wasn't there (if that makes sense)."

But he poured water on the idea of changing Mass Effect 1's janky combat mechanics to be more like the streamlined Mass Effect 3.

"'ME3 combat mechanics in ME1' comes up relatively often, but it's not on my radar (again, speaking personally)," he wrote. "First it would be a helluva lot of work. Second, I hate the idea of us being accused of 'retconning' ME1.

"Third (and I bet everyone on NeoGAF knows this), there are those who prefer ME1... So given that all that, it doesn't feel like the right thing to do."

Today (7th November) is N7 Day, BioWare's annual celebration of all things Mass Effect. The company is due to hold a special live-streamed developer roundtable at 6pm this evening to discuss the future of the franchise.

But Flynn has pre-empted speculation of a surprise Trilogy announcement tonight and stated that, as yet, BioWare has nothing to share.

You'll be able to watch tonight's roundtable right here on Eurogamer - we'll have a link to where as soon as our page goes live.

Will it feature additional arena? I love when vintage games get Enhanced Editions, especially such old goodies as Mass Effect. Was it before Bard's Tale?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It's weird, I remember liking ME1 more than it's sequels...
Probably because, as the first installment, it had all the excitement of playing a sci-fi """rpg""".
Same here. Maybe because first installment contained the most RPG elements and then it gone down the drain of shooters. Plus intriguing plot as back then noone could imagine how shitty it will turn out in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom