Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The most annoying monsters

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Luzur said:
Minotaurs in Might & Magic 5.
Yes, very much.

Ch1ef

Scholar
Those head-with-hands(Tzimisce creations) monsters from the Hollywood and sewers in Bloodlines. One of the most annoying monsters i ever seen in my life.Those earsfuckers makes awful sounds.

Ilmars

Novice
Oozes, slimes, jellies and stuff like that. They often have some sort of damage resistance, they often manage to poison or disease me and they look stupid.

And yeah, cliff racers too

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Qwinn said:
All golems in Arcanum. Rust monsters on crack.

Qwinn

Meh, that effect is pretty tame in a setting where you can forge large numbers of fairly good swords literally whenever you want in no time at all.

Balanced swords: Really, they're anything but.

My answer is not technically a monster but fills the same role (generic filler enemy that is used repeatedly): Door camping elites in jagged alliance 2.

User was nabbed fit

Mudcrabs. Horrible creatures.

Nah, but seriously, any monster that's ridiculously overpowered in mêlée and forces you to run back while firing... it's not scary, devs -- take note of that -- it's just frustrating. Ex: those annoying fuckers in Far Cry. Oh, wait, RPGs? Well, you could pretend that Fallout 3 is one, which would make this comment valid. Or you could eat my ass.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Those hordes of xvarts, in BG1's xvart village map. Noisy nuisances, easily scared, hence running around everywhere... and worth shit in xp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom