Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new White Wolf RPGs

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I get butthurt when people say owod when they clearly refer specifically to vampire

pa25afc.gif

Ovg

Cipher
But the ifs, buts and waits are what make it fun!

Depends on what your definition of fun is. I much prefer GMing the nwod using owod fluff or mixing and matching when necessary just because the combat is fluent and doesn't take much more of my rather combat-light game. When I tried to run with the old rules, we ended up just throwing dice and comparing the results, and who loses gets hit for 2 "just damage", because after 3 hours of slogging through RULES AND RULES AND RULES, we just couldn't take it anymore. That's what you get when you put storyfags against rollplaying rules :P.

Gambler738

Novice
There are a lot of thing ins nWoD that are just stupid or silly, but its very modular, which is a great. I don't mind some of its ambiguous lore...but the again I've mostly played and GM'd for Hunter The Vigil.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I could make a new thread or perhaps find a more appropriate one, but this seems fitting enough unless someone feels like moving it elsewhere. For all you nWoD aficionados out there - has anyone read Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras? I think I'd like to check it out just for idea mining if nothing else because I like me some historical settings. More farfetched the better. Book also covers pretty much all game lines to greater or lesser degree.

Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras reveals the world throughout its long and storied past. Through sixteen eras, you’ll learn the secret history of the world, from the flame-lit tales of the Neolithic to the drug-fueled rebellion of the 1970s. Delve into the past, and learn that the Chronicles of Darkness began long before the modern nights.

• TR & CTL: "Requiem for Regina": Elizabethan England (1587-1593)
  • WTF: "The Bowery Dogs": New York City in the 1970s (1969-1979)
  • MTAw: "To the Strongest": Alexander's invasion of India (330-320 BCE)
  • PTC: "A Handful of Dust": The Great Depression/Dustbowl (1933-1940)
  • CTL: "Lily, Sabre and Thorn": Three Musketeers (1600s-early 1700s)
  • HTV: "Doubting Souls": Colonial New England (1690-1695)
  • GTS: "God's Own Country": 1950s New Zealand (1950s)
  • MTC: "The Ruins of Empire": Collapse of the Ottoman/British Empires (1893–1924)
  • DTD: "Into the Cold": Cold War Germany (1961)
  • CTL: "A Grimm Dark Era": Eighteenth Century Germany (1812-1820)
  • MTAw & WTF: "The Sundered World": Neolithic (5500 -5000 BCE)
  • Skinchangers & DTD: "Beneath the Skin": Aztec Empire (1486-1502)
  • DTD: "After the Fall": The Ottoman conquest of Constantinople (1453-1458)
  • CTL & GTS: "Three Kingdoms of Darkness": Three Kingdoms China (220-280)
  • WTF & GTS: "The Wolf and the Raven": Viking Era (700-1100)
  • HTV: "Fallen Blossoms": Samurai Era Japan (1640-1660)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom