Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Official Kodex Kritial Konsensus Dragon Age Poll

Did you like Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes (faggot)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No (bro)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • King Comrade (nigger)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

racofer

Thread Incliner
I've just finally started my second playthrough this game. Made myself a dwarf noble rogue, I'm halfway through the origin story so far :)

:/

:(

I.... can't find the will to continue. :cry:

alt+f4

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Jaesun said:
Jack said:
Worst RPG of the decade.
No, That honor belongs to Oblivion.
Hmm, I didn't think of it as an RPG.
You see with Dragon Age they tried really hard to make a full fledged classical RPG.
They failed miserably and have given up completely, just look at the sequel.

Bethenda didn't even try to do anything good with Oblivion, they just continued to follow their dumbing down formula.
I didn't really expect them to suddenly change their ways, with Bioware it was different.
I expected them to actually do something at least bearable.
Finally they can make good use of the Aurora engine and with that work out of the way they can focus on making the campaign great, I thought.
Boy was I wrong.
That's why I consider it the worst RPG of the decade.

1eyedking

Erudite
VentilatorOfDoom said:
ENCHANTMENT.jpg
Why are they wearing Star Trek suits? For fuck's sake, the red glow coming from his wrist could be a comm link for all I know.

BioWare cannot into art direction.

1eyedking

Erudite
Konjad said:
Athkatla looked pretty awesome, Baldur's Gate was okay too.

Except that - news at 11
Pre-Neverwinter BioWare I'm speaking.

BG1 had cool scenarios and a nice overall art direction. Fuck I'm aching to replay it right now, it had an awesome traveling feeling.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
True, I loved travelling anywhere I wanted, trying to sneak through too hard to fight enemies just to explore, find a new cave, possibly with cool item. Too bad they removed that in BG2.

Ruprekt

Scholar
I agree: BG1 and Pool of Radiance had this sense of exploration.

SoZ was a near miss unfortunately :(

And it definitely is too bad. The DnD rulesets (pre 4E) suit this kind of gameplay perfectly.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Also, I hope you understand how fucking stupid your post was. Seriously.
of course it was, considering it was aimed specifically at you.

Deleted member 7219

Konjad said:
BioWare cannot into art direction.

Athkatla looked pretty awesome, Baldur's Gate was okay too.

Except that - news at 11

And anyone who thinks the ME games lacked art direction is fucking brain dead.

CrimHead

Scholar
Show me some good Mass Effect Art. Now, fgt. Mass Effect is to Star Wars what Dragon Age is to LotR. Bioware has no creativity whatsoever.

lefthandblack

Arcane
I voted kingcomrade.

I just finished my first playthrough yesterday. I actually enjoyed it up until the landsmeet, after that it went completely to shit. The game just had way too much combat. After all the repetitive fighting through the early stages of the game, when I saw that the end multiplied this exponentially, I said fuck it and enabled the console and cheated through to the end. I killed the end battle enemies via 'runscript killallhostiles' as well as the Archdemon, just so I could see the end and get it over with. Ridiculously stupid numbers of enemies belong in games like Serious Sam and Diablo, putting them in a game like DA just makes the game a chore instead of fun.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If this and if that != the game you have in your hand.

The point of the poll is to vote on what the ACTUAL game is like, not your imaginary idealized version of what the game should've been like.

Hell if it worked that way Oblivion would be my #1 CRPG.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Voted kingcomrade.

I don't play shit games, how would i know if i liked or not? That abyss is covered over with a bridge for me.

I didn't dump WIS.

qliveur

Educated
lefthandblack said:
I actually enjoyed it up until the landsmeet, after that it went completely to shit.
Agreed that it fell apart, there, but I can't really say that I enjoyed it up to that point. Yes, it had its moments, but it could've so much more than it was. Fighting the same goddamned battle over and over again everywhere I went was infuriating. After Landsmeet I figured that it would be just more of the same so I stopped playing at that point. Then I had to reinstall Windows and I never bothered to reinstall the game because I had no desire to finish it.

Voted "no".

hakuroshi

Augur
Kingcomrade of course. It's not worth hating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom