Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Sizzle

Arcane
There is no God.

Wonder how they would have dealt with Gaiman's gentleman's agreement with DC that he would be the only person to write Death's dialogue in all her appearances

She appeared a couple of times without his direct involvement (he did okay that, though, but didn't write her dialogue).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars is a point & click adventure horror game told through the eyes of a family that has recently moved to an isolated town in the frozen lands to the north. Explore, research, uncover mysteries, solve puzzles, and interact with a large cast of characters in this rich and layered story.

Michael, Lily, and Gabrielle have recently moved to the frigid town of Haven under tragic circumstances. As they begin to rebuild their lives in this new home and meet the townsfolk of Haven, they quickly discover that not everything is what it appears to be. Michael struggles with dreams of dark waters and an unknown ancient evil resting beneath the cold waves. Are these simply dreams or are they a premonition of things to come?

Key Features:

3D Point & Click-style adventure game
Play as two different characters throughout the game
Deep narrative with abundant lore to discover and absorb
Large cast of characters to speak and interact with
Cinematic musical score by Chad Seiter (chadseiter.com)
Direct tie-in to the tabletop game, Arkhangel: The Great Nameless – also by Winter Night Games (winternightgames.com)

Release Date:

TBD – Currently in production​

And for us, Thimbleweed Park is a game rooted in that nostalgia and it is a classic point-and-click adventure game, and we’re not going to move away from that. So I think if you’re somebody that just never would’ve enjoyed those games, you’re probably not going to enjoy this game, either. And I think that is something that we’ve been very, very firm on—I think there are going to be people who do not like this game, but I think that’s totally okay. We’re not trying to make a game that the masses are going to like, we’re trying to make a game that fans of point-and-click adventures are going to like.

:love:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So, anybody played this? It seems interesting, it has been out a while, but I don't think it has ever been mentioned here:

The Talos Principle

header.jpg

The Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction. Made by Croteam, the creators of Serious Sam, and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-has-done-in-one-25th-anniversary-collection

Everything Broken Sword developer Revolution has done in one 25th Anniversary Collection

Revolution, the developer of adventure games Broken Sword and Beneath a Steel Sky, is celebrating its 25th birthday with the release of an anniversary box set.

jpg

Revolution: the 25th Anniversary Collection comes out on 11th March 2016 for PC priced £29.99. It includes all of Revolution's games as well as comic books, posters, audio tracks and loads of behind-the-scenes making-of gubbins.

Here's everything in the box:

• Revolution's full catalogue of adventure games:
  • Broken Sword 1 - Shadow of the Templars
  • Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut
  • Broken Sword 2 - the Smoking Mirror
  • Broken Sword 2: Remastered
  • Broken Sword 3 - the Sleeping Dragon
  • Broken Sword 4 - the Angel of Death
  • Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
  • In Cold Blood
  • Beneath a Steel Sky
  • Lure of the Temptress
  • Comic Compendium for Broken Sword 1, 2 and 5 by Dave Gibbons and Angus McKie
  • Beneath a Steel Sky Comic by Dave Gibbons
  • 4 double-sided Posters
  • Broken Sword USB Stick with the Soundtrack of all games (soundtrack also included on DVD)
  • Audio CD with selected tracks of all Soundtracks
  • Exclusive Interactive Timeline with 25 years of behind-the-scenes assets and information, as well as six episodic documentary movies covering the 25-year history of Revolution and its games.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Victorian London, and private investigator Sydney Emerson has hit a new low between finding lost dogs and receiving alleyway beatings. A turn of events sees Sydney forgoing his selfish nature and thrusting himself into perilous and increasingly surreal situations, treading a fine line between dreams and reality.

Explore the foggy streets of Victorian London in all its decadence and depravity, searching the slums, taverns, brothels and even Sydney’s abstract dreamscapes for clues, while meeting a host of interesting, insane and eccentrically British characters along the way.

Features

•A noir adventure laced with adult themes and dark humour.
•A faithful recreation of Victorian London, from decadence to depravity.
•Classic point and click gameplay in the vein of the LucasArts games of yore.
•Explore Sydney’s surreal dream-world for clues.
•Follow the trail of a killer, or drink until you vomit at the pub.
•Original soundtrack blends film noir and traditional Victorian instruments.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356390/

Seems interesting at least... :M

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
What a waste of manpower and skill. How about a new original game, Tex Murphy or not ?

And it's the second REMAKE of this story (there are many differences between Mean Streets and Overseer, but...) so I don't get why they're doing this.
Of course it will be a day one purchase, and "any Tex" is better than "no Tex" but it's a bit sad.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Slender: The Arrival developer Blue Isle Studios has announced its upcoming sci-fi game Valley.

Due this summer on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, Valley is a first-person adventure that revolves around a "L.E.A.F. Suit" that allows players to run faster, jump higher, and "manipulate life and death".

Based on the following trailer, it looks like Valley's gameplay primarily revolves around parkour with maybe a bit of shooting. It seems rather narrative-driven, so it's still a little unclear what the focus is, but it sure looks lovely.

"After the success of Slender: The Arrival, we wanted to do something completely unique that offered players an amazing amount of freedom, and Valley is just that," said Blue Isle CEO Alex Tintor. "This is an incredibly exciting project for us - something totally new and distinct, that we expect will intrigue players."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ival-studio-announces-sci-fi-adventure-valley

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The game looks very pretty, but unfortunately "narrative-driven parkour" is rather low on my list of interests. Still might keep an eye on it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
"Action" might be pushing it.

AER is a mystical exploration adventure among the clouds. Transform into a bird and fly to explore and experience a world of floating islands.

"Flying Simulator with puzzles" seems more appropriate.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I assumed it was action for some reason, wasn't really paying attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom