Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I found this whole exchange hilarious -- it's funny how quickly the harshest criticism withers face-to-face. :D

The guy replies "fair enough," changes YT video. (Sadly Codex Media limit prevents my embedding.)

Dave Gilbert, triggering Vietnam War flashbacks since 2016. :D

Barbarian

Arcane
Was Daedalic's "The Devil's Men" cancelled or what? Thought it was supposed to come out this year.

Barbarian

Arcane
Yeah, like I said, the kickstarter craze was a short lived boost to the adventure scene. We are back to dead waters. Last new adventures I played were Broken Sword 5 and the GK1 remake, damn.

Barbarian

Arcane
Also, I hate that these games(Talking about devil's men here, not the kickstarter ones) simply fade away without a whimper. I remember that spanish developer who was making a sequel to 'The Abbey" and that other lovecraftian FP adventure. They were simply cancelled with no announcement or anything.

I even sent an e-mail to Alcachofa soft(they still have a website selling the first game after all) and got no reply.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, I hate that these games(Talking about devil's men here, not the kickstarter ones) simply fade away without a whimper. I remember that spanish developer who was making a sequel to 'The Abbey" and that other lovecraftian FP adventure. They were simply cancelled with no announcement or anything.

I even sent an e-mail to Alcachofa soft(they still have a website selling the first game after all) and got no reply.
DAEDALIC has been experimenting with these nu-casual "adventure" game lately, and it isn't doing well. i hope they stopped whatever they're doing and go back toclassic adventure.
don't let deponia doomsday be their last adventure game.

what's poki doing nowadays anyway?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yeah, like I said, the kickstarter craze was a short lived boost to the adventure scene. We are back to dead waters. Last new adventures I played were Broken Sword 5 and the GK1 remake, damn.
Hmm. I'm not sure that's right. Thimbleweed Park is coming very soon, Mage's Initiation is supposedly close, and there seems to be a thousand (or at least a half dozen) flowers blooming in the AGS scene (e.g., Kathy Rain, a bunch of WEG projects, Matt Frith's recent snacksize release). It's true that the high budget major adventure games like Daedelic and early Telltale may be withering, which is too bad, but always got more out of the retro scene anyway.

Astral Rag

Arcane
BQyTMU.gif

"99 out of a hundred times, the missing kid is with a parent or relative. This is about that one other time."

The disappearance of Will Byers has the town of Hawkins, Indiana - and Chief Jim Hopper - on edge.

Based on the Netflix series created by the Duffer Brothers.

This is a one-room, point and click adventure game, done in tribute to the series. Created by Steven Alexander, James Mulvale & Jon Taylor-Stoll of Infamous Quests, this is a small labor of love.

https://infamousquests.itch.io/stranger-things

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Jaesun Jaesun Jaesun Jaesun Jaesun

Escape from Pleasure Planet is a gay-themed science-fiction adventure game with bright colourful graphics, a fun story and character art by Joe Phillips.

Play as Captain Tycho Minogue as he chases a dangerous (and dangerously handsome) criminal to Arcadia, a tourist resort famous throughout the galaxy as Pleasure Planet.

But has Brutus gone to the resort solely to hide or is he planning something more sinister? Are the tourists truly happy having their every wish fulfilled or is there a dark underside to this paradise? And what has happened to the original builders of Pleasure Planet? Action, adventure, romance ... Escape from Pleasure Planet is classic sci-fi but with handsome gay men. The perfect gift.

This game is a follow-up to My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant (also available on Steam). However you don't need to have played Space Tyrant to enjoy Pleasure Planet!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I actually liked My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant. Will put this on my wishlist ASAP!

Thanks LESS T_T :salute:

:bounce:

(I really should do a Codex LP of My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant)...

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The Little Acre just got released.

About: The Little Acre follows the story of Aidan and his daughter, Lily, set in 1950’s Ireland. After discovering clues as to the whereabouts of his missing father, Aidan begins investigating until he inadvertently finds himself transported to a strange new world. Ever the hero, Lily sets off after him, encountering her own perils along the way. Featuring full voice-acting and hand-drawn animation, The Little Acre is a memorable, lovingly crafted adventure game. The Little Acre is developed by Pewter Games alongside Executive Producer Charles Cecil (Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky).
  • Two playable characters
  • Traditional hand-drawn animation
  • Unique perspective transitions
  • Beautiful original score
  • Fully voice acted
The animations are nice, it looks like something I could like although there's no visible inventory in the video nor in any the screenshots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom